Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Yeah! Hiking down there was worth it and I didn't want to leave. It was a struggle to convince myself to leave from there.

I sure did. I tried Giordano's. It was delicious. Didn't like waiting for 45 minutes but it was worth it. Their pizzas are small.

I also went to rated #1 best deep dish pizza in the city of Chicago Pequod's. It was worth the 1-hour late-night drive and they forgot to bring my pizza so they told me it was on the house. The manager felt so bad. He kept apologizing and told me drinks and pizza sre free. Their whole staff kept coming to check up on me. Waited for 2 1/2 for this pizza 😆 but it was free so all good..

The iPhone 15 Pro Max offers a great battery life.
Being from the Chicago area originally, I can confirm Pequod's is good. They stuff a lot of toppings in there. I think it is the best non-chain place to go though. For a chain, I like Giordano's with Lou Malnati's for a close 2nd.

How are you getting the extra data with your 9/16 scans I am only seeing this in Aftership:

View attachment 2265840
Yeah I have no idea. I have My Choice Premium if that matters but otherwise I just copy/pasted my tracking number into AfterShip originally lol

Maybe I’m wave 0 or 0.5 😬
Notice how @TruthWatcher412 has Custom Clearance in place. He has more data being shown. I think he’s just ahead. Dude had a lot of activity yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 70

jpohio

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2021
On the Way
Estimated Time: Arriving by 7:00 P.M.

Both phones still show delivery on 9/22, and below is latest from UPS website. Does this look correct? What is next step?

9/16/2023
10:30 PM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China Mainland
9/16/2023
09:50 PM

Departed from Facility
9/16/2023
09:02 PM
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China Mainland
9/16/2023
11:36 AM

Origin Scan

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Ups systems should be smart enough that it does not need to require apt or unit before an address as i have had many packages sent to my apartment without unit or apt.

But this is ups we are talking about. It took me almost two months of constant nagging to get them to fix the issue with my chiocd that was preventing me from Even registering/ signing up in the first place
Tell me about it. I moved into a new build where our street was not on the OG plot plan. It has been almost 4 months of hell trying to get Amazon/FedEx/UPS/USPS on board. Numerous trips to the post office-and all the address databases are based on USPS. Guess who still can’t seem to get their 💩 together? Amazon, to their credit, worked with me and fixed it right away, then FedEx, finally UPS. Still waiting for forwarded mail and Mr Wolfs jokes that when they finally do forward the mail it will be like the courtroom scene in Miracle on 34th Street. It’s been MONTHS! Thankfully, UPS delivered my only neighbor’s perishable package to me yesterday, so they know we exist at least 🙄

Lots of pages for me to catch up on so I am diving in. Was sucked into the Rocky Mountain Showdown last night-definitely lived up to the hype!

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
So my MyQ Garage opener has WiFi but not Bluetooth connectivity - so I had to by an Internet gateway piece of hardware from Chamberlain that plugs into my Router. It gives the Garage Door opener an IP address that is only visible in your WiFi network.

From there, you can use the MyQ app to open/close remotely and see the status of the door and history. The next step is to make a Shortcut which allows Siri Voice commands.

Edit - Sorry, I see that you said did purchase a hub.

Thanks for this...MyQ does have a wifi address and I can do all functions remotely and get feedback...just not on Siri...I will get to this eventually...you might have lit the fire...thanks

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs and julit0

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
  • Track2023iPhone15ProMax.png
I didn't see anything on UPS until after midnight (EST), which was after many had already seen theirs much earlier but I guess I'm in wave 1 because the origin time is 9/16? Apple order page still says it's "preparing to ship".

Last edited:

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
The second flight for our inbound plane on Monday has populated. Scheduled to leave Anchorage at 8:43PM AKDT and arrive in Seoul at 9:49PM KST. It'd expect it to leave Seoul for Zhengzhou around 12:30AM KST (Tuesday in Korea).

As of now, it is scheduled to leave Louisville for Anchorage later this afternoon.

I’m preparing to ship but no tracking yet as of now and nothing under reference numbers. Taptaptap I want to have drinks at the airport with you guys!! 😂
Thanks for reporting. Keep checking and keep us posted. Really curious about what’s going on with the regular iPhone models from India. Hopefully, you are not getting it from the US states. If that were to happen we won’t know the tracking route from India to USA :(

Reactions: svish and Wolfs

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yes sir! Not sure why my UPS tag was lagging and it was not showing up but seems like this year there is a lag with UPS tags to show up. Happy to travel with you tho! I’m still shocked you ordered the iPhone 15 Pro Max. You made me beg you and convince you for well over 6 months. Could have saved me a headache. Also, we went back n forth a lot too 😂
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ it was a fun discussion and you had a lot of my own thought process in this and what my iPhone uses and preferences are. I knew if there were more camera improvements than leaks I would jump. And that turned out to be the case LOL

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Anyone have any ideas that I can use to try to get my full tracking number? I have the last 4 digits using the reference, but it won’t populate in My Choice since the delivery addresses don’t align. I’m unsure if tracking will populate in the UPS app via the phone number.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Yay, tracking finally showed up in ups my choice this morning. I must be in the second wave.

I want to select (change) the 2-hour confirmed delivery window, but the only two options are 1:45pm-3:45pm or no preference. Anyone else running into similar issue?

Last edited:
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ it was a fun discussion and you had a lot of my own thought process in this and what my iPhone uses and preferences are. I knew if there were more camera improvements than leaks I would jump. And that turned out to be the case LOL
True! Camera upgrade was the biggest factor. I mean look at this thing.. it's a beast!

1694960881787.png

120mm focal length on your phone

1694960910163.png

I also hope the Macro Mode has been improved on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max camera. The Macro Mode camera is not that great in the iPhone 14 Pro compared to the iPhone 13 Pro.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Anyone have any ideas that I can use to try to get my full tracking number? I have the last 4 digits using the reference, but it won’t populate in My Choice since the delivery addresses don’t align. I’m unsure if tracking will populate in the UPS app via the phone number.
Unfortunately the only way is if it autopopulates in UPS mychoice or wait until Apple sends it to you later this week.

njg0ddess

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I’m 60 pages behind but here’s a little update. I can track my phone with my phone # by reference but unfortunately it won’t show up on my choice because I’m shipping to work this year. My regular 15 order that I placed at like 9am is now preparing to ship but isn’t showing in ups my choice either that one is shipping home. Today I ordered a pink silicone case should be here 9/21 to match my pink AW 9 band. I’m anxiously waiting for Friday 😬

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Download the UPS app and create a MyChoice account. When you do, associate the phone number you used for your order. It should populate.

You can try. Did you try calling UPS International hot line to see if they can give it to you? They should have access to it. Or do you want me to call them for you? 😒

See @BreakingKayfabe post above. I would start with that first.

Reactions: Wolfs and surfzen21

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
True! Camera upgrade was the biggest factor. I mean look at this thing.. it's a beast!

View attachment 2265861

120mm focal length on your phone

View attachment 2265863

I also hope the Macro Mode has been improved on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max camera. The Macro Mode camera is not that great in the iPhone 14 Pro compared to the iPhone 13 Pro.
Yep @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ and being to work with those variations of mm on the fly plus the 120 mm pulled me in. Yeah hope macro improves although my experience using for fossil photos and closeup butterfly images is that it worked well for me on my 14 ProMax

Could you call for me, pleaseeee? JK LOL

I’ll call them right now, actually…
Try to see if you can get a hold of them. Say Track a Package first. Also, they might ask you to verify your information. Make sure it’s the International Hotline. Can’t promise but worth a shot.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
You all are really going to think I’m a nerd. So I watch BigJetTV, Jerry just happened to be in Anchorage a couple years ago. So I got to watch my cargo flight, and track it at the same time.
I come from a military/aviation family so I would love that. Even my dog can distinguish jet noise and wants to go outside to see when the fighters fly over. Also, I totally track Mr Wolfs. Gotta know when to make the house look like I’ve been working all day instead of scrolling on here 😂

I take it you don't have the Apple Watch? The 2nd thing I use the most with mine is pinging the phone. My phone is always on silent but it makes a noise when the watch pings it.
my family hates me for using this feature all the time. When the Apple ad with the iPhone in the haystack was in heavy rotation I felt so validated.

Why can't you add it?
I can’t add it either, if I knew why I would

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.