Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Anyone hit an Apple Store yesterday or plans for today? Curious to know if they wiped all the leather MagSafe wallets and watch bands off the floors already. Def wanna scoop up before they go extinct with this finewoven trash coming in. Usually they have the floors set for launch day before getting rid of the old.
I went to my local AS on Friday evening to get my FW cases - No leather accessories present on 9/15.

I actually bought 2 MagSafe Leather Wallets from Target last night since Apple yanked them from the store (online and physically).

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
How were they able to get you the full tracking? I was in the same boat as you with the xxxxxx0000 nonsense
Call 1 (800) 782-7892 like @TheYayLivingArea suggested. Say “Track a Package” when it asks why you’re calling. After that just say “Agent” repeatedly. Eventually it’ll realize that you’re a hopeless case and make a human deal with you.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I went to my local AS on Friday evening to get my FW cases - No leather accessories present on 9/15.

I actually bought 2 MagSafe Leather Wallets from Target last night since Apple yanked them from the store (online and physically).

Just ordered one lol damn you Apple

0cxoqwI.png

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Well a little more info this morning on my UPS

Shipment DetailsShipment DetailsShipment ProgressShipment Progress

9/17/2023
05:30 PM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China Mainland
9/17/2023
03:50 PM

Departed from Facility
9/17/2023
09:07 AM

Origin Scan
9/17/2023
08:27 AM
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China Mainland

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Same but they are all scripted. Marketing talk. Approved by Apple Marketing Team. Focused on saying, best battery, best screen, best camera... best everything.. you get the idea.

Of course, they are not going to say anything bad. Don’t want to miss out on not getting an invite from Apple to a WWDC or Apple Event.

Real reviews are when we get our hands on our iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I think this is true to an extent, but I’m more just looking forward to the new information we get. For example, features not mentioned in the Apple event, how is battery life in the real world, real camera samples and testing, etc. We get to see photos and videos of the phone in real life and get to hear real world experiences.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
They should populate automatically. make sure you click Select All Updates (7) to see all scans. View attachment 2265931

here is mine with all scans showed up:

View attachment 2265932
Yes, I have that Where it says "SEE ALL UPDATES (4) currently, and at the moment it is identical to UPS, probably because my phone hasn't gone anywhere yet. I can see you're in Wave #1, so you have a lot more scans. :) I'm sure this will change as it moves along. I'll keep watching both apps. :)

Reactions: anjo10 and Wolfs
I think this is true to an extent, but I’m more just looking forward to the new information we get. For example, features not mentioned in the Apple event, how is battery life in the real world, real camera samples and testing, etc. We get to see photos and videos of the phone in real life and get to hear real world experiences.
Agreed! I am excited to see the photos and videos. Battery life results may vary tho.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Is anyone skipping a screen protector this year? I'm thinking the new glass screen makes it redundant and just a waste of money. Thoughts?
I don’t think the screen is any different, unless I missed something. Same Ceramic Shield glass since from the 13.

I am debating whether or not to get one. I started my 13 Pro with one for 9 months or so but took it off and still don’t have one on. The application was good but they always affect the clarity of the screen slightly due to the adhesive. I’m always concerned about scratches but also want the screen to look its best. I still haven’t decided whether or not to order some. 🤔

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Do you have the bridge? It's a separate piece that allows you to add it to HomeKit
No-looks like that is something I probably need. I was hoping Thread/Matter would solve all this by now
For anyone who can't add MyQ to HomeKit, this is what you need (though there may be a newer version now):
MyQ HomeKit Bridge

I'm 4 pages behind, so if this has already been posted, I'll delete mine :)
thank you for this! 🩷

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
When they stopped including the charging brick in the box and hardly anyone would criticize them for it is when I lost interest in phone reviews altogether.
I have to agree. Im the guy that hands out genuine Apple chargers because I have so many, so Apples claim that I already have one rings true. So what? A lot of people don’t.

the best way to handle this would be to include a coupon for a free charger or let people buy one at a one time discount when you buy a new iPhone, but that’ll never happen.

the next logical step is to sell you an iphone for full price but there won’t actually be a phone in the box. See environmentally speaking there are too many iPhones out there so you have to share one iPhone with 20 of your neighbors. It’s for the environment so it’s ok Haha.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
9/22 delivery date and still on preparing to ship so no tracking number yet. I did get my Apple Cash though.
Yeah, don't pay any attention to the Apple site when it says preparing to ship. That won't change until Thursday or so even though the phone is moving. Keep watching the UPS MyChoice app or at least search for a partial tracking number using your order # or phone number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.