Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Same but they are all scripted. Marketing talk. Approved by Apple Marketing Team. Focused on saying, best battery, best screen, best camera... best everything.. you get the idea.

Of course, they are not going to say anything bad. Donā€™t want to miss out on not getting an invite from Apple to a WWDC or Apple Event.

Real reviews are when we get our hands on our iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Last year for the 14 Pro reviewers were very mixed on camera quality, some saying it was about the same as 13 Pro, some saying it was worse, some saying it was better. Along with the delayed shipping, thatā€™s why I cancelled my 14 Pro.

Last year for the 14 Pro reviewers were very mixed on camera quality, some saying it was about the same as 13 Pro, some saying it was worse, some saying it was better. Along with the delayed shipping, thatā€™s why I cancelled my 14 Pro.
I prefer the iPhone 13 Pro camera over the iPhone 14 Pro. Yeah! That 48MP camera is great but I just feel like 13 Pro had better cameras internally. I just got good results with 13 Pro.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Anyone hit an Apple Store yesterday or plans for today? Curious to know if they wiped all the leather MagSafe wallets and watch bands off the floors already. Def wanna scoop up before they go extinct with this finewoven trash coming in. Usually they have the floors set for launch day before getting rid of the old.

They may be headed to your local TJMAXX. Theyā€™re notorious for selling genuine Apple accessories that are in abundance/overstock. Found this out in the Apple Watch band thread.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Is anyone skipping a screen protector this year? I'm thinking the new glass screen makes it redundant and just a waste of money. Thoughts?
If you're not clumsy and haven't dropped your 14 yet, then maybe you're good.

I dropped my 14PM flat, face down on concrete from about 3' high - and this is the Zagg glass afterwards. No issues or marks on my 14PM, but I know myself and I can't have nice things.

And I did buy a new Belkin Glass from the AS the next day, 2 weeks from upgrade, because...I'm clumsy - and the 14PM has to be G2G for the IUP Trade-in. At least with Belkin, I can go into the AS and get free replacement screens for "life" or the year that I have the phone.
IMG_7547.jpeg
IMG_7548.jpeg

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
For anyone who can't add MyQ to HomeKit, this is what you need (though there may be a newer version now):
MyQ HomeKit Bridge

I'm 4 pages behind, so if this has already been posted, I'll delete mine :)
I have homebridge installed on my MacBook Pro and it works great along with my Rachio 2 which doesnā€™t support HomeKit and I believe most Google devices work with HomeKit when connected to the bridge.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
IMG_3345.jpeg

Itā€™s a beautiful morning in the 303. Hopefully all the waves see movement today.

Nothing has changed for me status-wise. Tried Aftership and Route tracking apps and thus far I am getting the best information with UPS My Choice on laptop and iPhone. Seems like each platform shows slightly differently.

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
I completely agree about the black 7. It was my favorite iPhone of all time. Felt so great in the handā€¦
I agree. It was peak ergonomic comfort and the all matte black aluminum looked amazing.

I think the worst designed iPhone was the 3G/3GS. That curved back made it impossible to use while laying on a table and the plastic casing was atrocious and aged terribly. Everyone I knew that one had some sort of hairline crack in it within a year.

Reactions: CarolG and 5105973

hhzhao

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2018
Northeast Ohio
I prefer the iPhone 13 Pro camera over the iPhone 14 Pro. Yeah! That 48MP camera is great but I just feel like 13 Pro had better cameras internally. I just got good results with 13 Pro.
Frankly, unless using RAW format, average daily use of camera, there is not going to be much of difference from generation to generation. The funny part for me is that seems every new phone announcement has been putting so much emphasis on the camera rather essential phone functions. I am starting to wonder, why are we still call it as ā€œa phone with camera function built-inā€, maybe with all the emphasis on camera, should we define those device as ā€œa camera with phone function built-inā€ insteadšŸ˜‚

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I'm trying to get UPS to hold it for pickup since I will be out of town until Tuesday and would prefer to just pick it up on Tuesday rather than waiting at home ... MyChoice is saying that it isn't allowed due to a shipper restriction. Anyone know if this is a new hard policy, or does it get lifted once the package is in the USA ... or if I call?

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I'm trying to get UPS to hold it for pickup since I will be out of town until Tuesday and would prefer to just pick it up on Tuesday rather than waiting at home ... MyChoice is saying that it isn't allowed due to a shipper restriction. Anyone know if this is a new hard policy, or does it get lifted once the package is in the USA ... or if I call?
Some posts earlier in the thread say it changes once itā€™s released by customs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.