Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I got the first iPhone in July of 2007. My wife suggested I get it! She saw me eyeing it and finally suggested I get one. It was amazing as we really didn't have $500 to spend on a cell phone. I got the 4GB model, which was pretty good as there were no apps to put on it and the photos were around 300 to 600 KB for a 1200 x 1600 pixel image. I think my music library was a handful of mostly 64kbps files, so it didn't require much space.

I've had a new one every year since, and at least one year I got two- in 2017 I got an 8 Plus, and gave it to my wife when a month later I got my X. They were both amazing screens!

I have another Pro Max on the way. I love the big 6.7" screen and marvel at the stunningly beautiful 3.5" original iPhone screen, described by Steve Jobs as a "big screen." And compared to the little Sony Ericson and Motorola phones I had before that, the 3.5" screen was huge, and colorful.

Bummed i'll be traveling when the 15 Pro Max arrives, but that happens every few years as I do travel a lot in September and October.

Enjoy your new phones, everybody!

PS Amazing that on ordering day this thread is over 200 pages!
I got the 8GB model and I rocked that bad boy until the 3GS.

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
IMG_8608.jpeg
I’m part of Wave 2

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Wow! Started with the Original iPhone. Mad respect! That's so cool.

Have you been upgrading every year?
No, I stopped upgrading every year as I realized I loved generational jumps rather than short iterations.

For instance, jumping from original, 3G, 3GS, 4 to 4S felt thrilling as things did change a lot. However, after hitting the 5S and then 7... each iteration felt smaller than what I was used to.

Now, I'm jumping from a 12 Pro to a 15 Pro and I still feel like it's a bit less. I do understand the power of the cameras and A17, but other than that.

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Pretty sure a tracking number populated for you. Check the UPS app with the phone number associated with the order.
Ohh that makes sense, I normally receive an update via UPS mychoice but this year I put in my partner's contact info since he'll be home when it is delivered. Can I just add the phone number to my UPS account or create a brand new one with that phone number?

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
And I’m now good. Whatever tracking numbers showing in MyChoice for me were verified as inaccurate.

I have the true number now. Wave 2. Downloaded AfterShip as well.

IMG_2197.jpeg

EDIT: And now the UPS app has populated properly. Blessings to that helpful agent!

IMG_2198.jpeg

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Ohh that makes sense, I normally receive an update via UPS mychoice but this year I put in my partner's contact info since he'll be home when it is delivered. Can I just add the phone number to my UPS account or create a brand new one with that phone number?
You can add the number to your account. It should show up after that. Because Apple’s status won’t show you “shipped” until Thursday.

Yes, they feel exactly the same (I bought an Apple one just for giggles) and Apple should be ashamed for the money grab. In fact, the phone's titanium and steel. Your shirt sleeve would work equally well.
How many times do you have to wash it? I wouldn’t trust a shirt or a dress wiping down the iPhone because Micro-abrasion and Micro-scratches are real.

Remember the Jet Black iPhone?

1694969272494.jpeg

And I’m now good. Whatever tracking numbers showing in MyChoice for me were verified as inaccurate.

I have the true number now. Wave 2. Downloaded AfterShip as well.

View attachment 2266040
Woo hoo! Member of Wave 2. Glad it worked out for you. Congratulations! Thank god you called otherwise who knows what kind of games UPS is playing with us this year with blocking the UPS tracking number.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I kind of regret not getting the Pro Max. Go big or go home lol. I may have to try it next year for sure. I’m seeing where the White Titanium isn’t really white white more silvery maybe. That’s kind of disappointing. When I made my decision I thought it was pretty white.

It might be a slightly darker white than last year, but in photos and videos, it looks pretty dang close to me. I wouldn’t worry about it.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Check the Origin Scan stamp in the UPS App. If it says:

9/16 You are on Wave 1
9/17 You are on Wave 2

All in China time.

No one has departed from China yet.
I ordered 4 minutes after it opened and got confirmation email for the 22nd within the minute and preparing for shipping an hour after. I have not, however, gotten my shipping notice yet. It seems I'll likely be wave 3 or 4. Don't care so Long and it gets in one the 22nd.

After all, all waves are stopped at destination facilities if they do indeed get in early.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
I kind of regret not getting the Pro Max. Go big or go home lol. I may have to try it next year for sure. I’m seeing where the White Titanium isn’t really white white more silvery maybe. That’s kind of disappointing. When I made my decision I thought it was pretty white.
Well, to be fair, yours will be true white. In the world of dyes and colors, what gives white color its color is a pigment call TiO2 or Titanium Dioxide. In other words, to make white paint, color or ink you need Titanium.

Guess what your iPhone is made off?

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Saw this on bluesky today seems they don't understand that refinement is sometimes better than a brand new design.

Attachments

• CleanShot 2023-09-17 at 12.48.44@2x.png
    CleanShot 2023-09-17 at 12.48.44@2x.png
    513.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Wolfs

kid84

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
Walk in at Apple Store next Friday , get in line when they open at 8AM . Will I be able to get the Pro Max Natural Titan ?

With those high demand , will they have instock for those who get to local Apple Store early ?

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
I got the 8GB model and I rocked that bad boy until the 3GS.
I got the original iphone in 2007 after they did a $100 price drop. I planned on keeping until the iphone 4, but my hold switch broke right after I finished my 2 year contract. I had to get a 3GS, then a 4S, and when the 5 came, I got that because i don't usually get the S phones.

I consider the 15 to be an S model, and I'm literally only getting it because the phone is my absolute favorite shade of blue. been waiting for this for several years.

• Love
Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.