Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Well, to be fair, yours will be true white. In the world of dyes and colors, what gives white color its color is a pigment call TiO2 or Titanium Dioxide. In other words, to make white paint, color or ink you need Titanium.

Guess what your iPhone is made off?
Not sure it's this simple. Titanium Dioxide vs whatever finish is applied to the Titanium and its precise shade from whatever coatings were used to produce the color effect are vastly different.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I got the original iphone in 2007 after they did a $100 price drop. I planned on keeping until the iphone 4, but my hold switch broke right after I finished my 2 year contract. I had to get a 3GS, then a 4S, and when the 5 came, I got that because i don't usually get the S phones.

I consider the 15 to be an S model, and I'm literally only getting it because the phone is blue.
I actually like to have "S" cycle products. All kinks and bugs have been ironed out. I learned that from the 4 to the 4S.

I kind of regret not getting the Pro Max. Go big or go home lol. I may have to try it next year for sure. I’m seeing where the White Titanium isn’t really white white more silvery maybe. That’s kind of disappointing. When I made my decision I thought it was pretty white.
I updated to iPhone Plus model when they were first announced. I think it was iPhone 6S Plus? Since then I never looked back. I like big phones. You get more of everything.. more screen, more battery life. I think it all comes down to personal preference. Some people love the regular Pro model size.

I hope the iPhone Ultra will have a 6.9" screen.

White Titanium is white but not as white as the iPhone 14 Pro Max. iPhone Pro Max in White Titanium has more of a calm texture to it. Looks creamy.

1694969731493.png

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Not sure it's this simple. Titanium Dioxide vs whatever finish is applied to the Titanium and its precise shade from whatever coatings were used to produce the color effect are vastly different.
It is. What is happening here is that the underlying substrate is a metallic media. Hence, the white coating will yield to the media.

It happens in print media as well.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Walk in at Apple Store next Friday , get in line when they open at 8AM . Will I be able to get the Pro Max Natural Titan ?

With those high demand , will they have instock for those who get to local Apple Store early ?

Some here were able to see that their local store would have stock on 9/22, but they couldn’t reserve/order. May not hurt to check in the Apple Store app.

I ordered 4 minutes after it opened and got confirmation email for the 22nd within the minute and preparing for shipping an hour after. I have not, however, gotten my shipping notice yet. It seems I'll likely be wave 3 or 4. Don't care so Long and it gets in one the 22nd.

After all, all waves are stopped at destination facilities if they do indeed get in early.
Did you check UPS if any tracking # populates? Check under UPS App under MyChoice account. Also, try searching by reference #.

1694969997927.png

Reactions: svish

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I updated to iPhone Plus model when they were first announced. I think it was iPhone 6S Plus? Since then I never looked back. I like big phones. You get more of everything.. more screen, more battery life. I think it all comes down to personal preference. Some people love the regular Pro model size.

White Titanium is white but not as white as the iPhone 14 Pro Max. iPhone Pro Max in White Titanium has more of a calm texture to it. Looks creamy.

View attachment 2266052
I was actually considering going down to the smaller Pro for this cycle, but when I recently looked at a friends' Pro, that solidified in my mind that I was sticking with the ProMax!

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
This will work for CarPlay right? Or should I cancel and order the anker ones? I remember seeing an article saying that certain cables wouldn’t work

Attachments

• IMG_1092.png
    IMG_1092.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Wolfs and ksujoel

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

View attachment 2266052
6 plus was 2014 6s plus was 2015

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Just another friendly reminder:

If you have not purchased an Apple Polishing Cloth. I would highly recommend you to get one. Best $19.00 USD you will ever spend. Just skip a lunch or something.

I have more than 10+ unopened Apple Polishing boxes ready to save my Apple devices.

It’s a necessity for iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max models.

Say No to #SmudgeGate.

View attachment 2266027 View attachment 2266026
View attachment 2266028
Eventually @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ will make a quilt

Called UPS and they said to get in touch with the shipper BOO!
call again and get a different rep

My last update on wave 1 was a random scan at 12:19am on 9/17 in China same location. Nothing else yet.
i think we’re sitting in outbound customs

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal

View attachment 2266052
It was the 6 and 6 Plus in 2014. They were late to big phones even then.

I was actually considering going down to the smaller Pro for this cycle, but when I recently looked at a friends' Pro, that solidified in my mind that I was sticking with the ProMax!
Be glad you didn't. Personally, I think you would have hated the small screen. Test it out at an Apple Store and see it. It doesn't hurt. It's a personal preference and never ending debate haha!

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Did you check UPS if any tracking # populates? Check under UPS App under MyChoice account. Also, try searching by reference #.

View attachment 2266062
Interesting fact ...if I do put 1 in front of the area code it does come up with their garbled tracking number...no 1...nothing comes up...strange

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.