Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
My Picture of the Day submission. Keeping with the water theme: Iā€™ll leave you all with a skyline pic I took while on a lake cruise celebrating a family birthday in June. Grant Park to Lincoln Park with downtown and Navy Pier in the center.

IMG_1303.jpeg

Last edited:

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
15 made too many changes to be S. USB-C, Pro chip, action button, frame change. Smaller changes like 4k60, 5x zoom.
Itā€™s so polarizing this year and it isnā€™t even outsiders this time. the new phone might not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but no one would drag you for buying it in the past.

mention outside of this thread that youā€™re upgrading from iPhone 14 pro and youā€™ll get made fun of, bashed and downvoted. not that it matters, no one will cancel their order because of it, but still wild to see. I canā€™t remember it ever being this way.

POWERPLANTHOMER

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2021
View attachment 2265977
Itā€™s a beautiful morning in the 303. Hopefully all the waves see movement today.

Nothing has changed for me status-wise. Tried Aftership and Route tracking apps and thus far I am getting the best information with UPS My Choice on laptop and iPhone. Seems like each platform shows slightly differently.
Hello Neighbor! I live just SW of the hospital on Woodmen. I see that beautiful mountain outside of my backyard daily.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I did the same bought a 3 pack of braded usb a to c for the car it was a generic Chinese brand but have been using ones like that for my raspberry pi and Go Pro for the past few years and never had a problem so thought what's the harm its $5.99 and included 1x3ft & 2x6ft cables. If they don't work out then I'll return and buy some Anker ones.
Same here. I often use "no-name" cables from Amazon and have never had an issue with them.

Reactions: Wolfs
Guys! Titanium is a BIG deal. Iā€™ve been waiting for a Titanium iPhone for years now. You may ask, Whatā€™s better than Titanium? It will be Ceramic.

After years of waiting, Iā€™m so happy the Titanium iPhone is here. šŸŖ

Just check out the iPhone 15 Pro Ad. Apple did not say a word and it seems like some guy in the background is making an alien noise. (I don't know how to describe that). Making a statement without saying a word.

From the edge of the universe
To the palm of your hand

TITANIUM

Last edited:

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Does it still charge the iPhone fast though? like what watts. Even though the other USB-C is also use?
If you use it for the MacBook Air M1 and iPhone 15 they will both charge at the max. MacBook Air is 30w, so the rest will be available for the iPhone. I think the max for iPhone is around 25, definitely not more than 30w.

Reactions: Wolfs and anjo10

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Looks like my tracking is finally showing up by reference, still no luck with my choice. UPS really doesnā€™t like my current address, especially with the apartment number and it usually doesnā€™t work (even with the exact same shipping address). Based on the timing Iā€™m guessing itā€™s in wave 2!

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
MyChoice doesn't work for me won't let me edit my details has been that way for awhile now. I'm checking my email I get alerts there.
Are you trying to edit your address on the MyChoice app or on the UPS website? I had a similar problem where my app on my phone showed just my home address, but when I was logged into MyChoice on the computer, it showed multiple addresses (work also) and I was able to edit on there. The Default was set to my work address and I couldn't delete that, so I just clicked on EDIT on that line and changed it to my home address and saved that. So if you try editing by logging into MyChoice on the website, you might have better luck making changes.

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I have read many positive reviews about Anker products so I want to ask before I order.

whatā€™s the best Anker adapter that supports fast charging for iPhone 15 PM? I saw this 20W Nano Anker.
USB C Charger Block 20W, Anker 511 Charger (Nano Pro), PIQ 3.0 Compact Fast Charger for iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max, 14/13/12 Series, Galaxy, Pixel 4/3, iPad (Cable Not Included) https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Durable-Compact-Included/dp/B099F558S1

is it safe to use adpater with higher watts than 20W? Will it make difference in speed of charging? Does having a specific cable matter too?

i also want to get this 3 in 1 adapter but I want to make sure it supports fast charging for my iPhone when I also simultaneously charging my Macbook Pro 14ā€ M1 without decreasing the charge speed.

Anker USB C Charger, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W), iPad Charger, PPS 3-Port Fast Compact Foldable for MacBook Pro/Air, iPad Pro, Galaxy S23, Dell XPS 13, Note 20/10+, iPhone 14/Pro, Steam Deck, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C5RG6KV?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_05N9CS5ZTQWA88YQ6CY3
Hey @anjo10 I have been using the 20W Nano Anker for a few years as it does charge the iPhone quicker because the block used to only be 5W. Last year I bought this 30W foldable charger (It's good for traveling) if you're interested:

I also just got the same 3 in 1 adapter, but I haven't used it yet. I'm waiting for the iPhones to arrive before I change out all our cables/blocks! Welcome to the Anker family. :)

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
We exchange shipments in my neighborhood often. Apparently sometimes house numbers are just decoratiions. And it's not only UPS

Oh no itā€™s even worse than I thought I relooked at the picture UPS took and none of the doors in my complex look like the picture.

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
mention outside of this thread that youā€™re upgrading from iPhone 14 pro and youā€™ll get made fun of, bashed and downvoted
I donā€™t understand Internet forum warriors decreeing how we should spend our own money.

Maybe Iā€™ll upgrade my iPhone 15 Pro Max to a different color iPhone 15 Pro Max mid-cycle just to spite them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.