Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
This was a big reason for me getting the Apple Card, so that I could just do the monthly installments. This happened every year without fail at my credit union.
I'm not US resident, just coming next week for my birthday :)) Wish we had Apple cards here..

My bank it's a bit too careful... it's either payment with 3ds secure and in app approval when you place the order, or transaction declined if the payment comes later. Then you have to mark the transaction as safe and wait until the next trial.

Reactions: CarolG

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Love Miami. Planning on going back next year. I miss the beach water there. Have you made it to the Key West? The drive from Miami to Key West is beautiful.

View attachment 2266145

iPhone 15 Pro Max contains A17 Pro chip.
Sure have...first time we went we stayed there....last year I drove it myself just for the day...crazy I know...but that drive is just subliminal...I drive it with the roof down and play Beach Boys music...(dating myself) and of course the Key Largo song...

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Here's a picture I took yesterday during my weekly walk to Manhattan from Brooklyn! The weather has been so nice. Low humidity and sunny.
IMG_7361.jpg

That's the Brooklyn Bridge and you can see One World Trade Center too! 😎

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
I just got this survey regarding the preorder process. Those of us who experienced technical issues during checkout should definitely participate.

It was no secret that demand was going to be high, so hopefully Apple gets it together next year.

View attachment 2266148
I got this as well. Demand is always high for a flagship iPhone launch but this wasn’t even a super cycle upgrade like the X.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
This will work for CarPlay right? Or should I cancel and order the anker ones? I remember seeing an article saying that certain cables wouldn’t work
I went ahead and ordered the Anker cables for my CarPlay setups. Both of my cars have USB-A ports, but one of them has a wireless CarPlay dongle that works well. I’ll keep the second cable as a backup.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Should I tell them you may have crashed the Apple App Store? 🤔

We have proof of you have :01 stamp.
Can you imagine a few million crazy apple fanatics worldwide trying to order phones at the same time, many using multiple devices to try and get in faster. Millions of devices trying to order at once. No wonder there are problems, especially if heavy traffic comes through more widely used domain name servers. I am guessing that’s why some people get in flawlessly and others have problems. I live in a remote location in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire and had no trouble getting in immediately upon order launch.

Can you imagine a few million crazy apple fanatics worldwide trying to order phones at the same time, many using multiple devices to try and get in faster. Millions of devices trying to order at once. No wonder there are problems, especially if heavy traffic comes through more widely used domain name servers. I am guessing that’s why some people get in flawlessly and others have problems. I live in a remote location in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire and had no trouble getting in immediately upon order launch.
Glad you got in just fine. Around what time and did the App crash for you afterwords?

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
I just got this survey regarding the preorder process. Those of us who experienced technical issues during checkout should definitely participate.

It was no secret that demand was going to be high, so hopefully Apple gets it together next year.

View attachment 2266148
Everyone receiving the survey should participate to let Apple know the experience and what to improve. Balancing servers to overcome overload is one of the improvements they need to do to avoid any last week preordering crashes and chaos.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Does it still charge the iPhone fast though? like what watts. Even though the other USB-C is also use?
I have 2 of these Anker 67 watt chargers (purchased in anticipation of receiving the iPhone 15 pro):

If you go to Anker's site, they show you the power available when 1, 2 or 3 devices are plugged in - scroll down to where you can choose 1 port, 2 port or 3 port charging:

So with one port/device charged it will provide up to 67 watts (USB C). With 2 USB ports used, the total is 65 watts (and what they don't say is it is split, so it would be roughly 32 watts each).

But an iPhone can't take up to 67 or 65 watts. It probably is limited to 20 (or 25 at best). So this should be more than fine.

I already use this charger for my 4th generation iPad Air. (which supports up to 20 watts for charging). It is super fast.

What is particularly confusing about USB, is the standards are so ridiculously flexible and confusing. So for "fast charging" technology, USB itself developed something called PD (power delivery). But it doesn't force companies to use that. They can make their own variants - and there are like a half dozen of them. Anker uses its own variation of that technology called power IQ:

Last edited:

Patcell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Bergen County, NJ
Hey everyone! Sorry, I am late to the game with a reply, but have been following the thread. So exciting!

Unfortunately, I had a really rough time with my preorder... I live on the east coast in NJ, so I was on top of it at 8AM sharp. I was at my dest with iPhone, MacBook, and iPad ready to go. I kept getting error after error on all three devices and could not get into the Apple Store to complete my preorder until 8:28AM. By that time delivery estimates for my 15 Pro Max 256GB Natural Titanium had slipped to October 9-16. 🤮

To add insult to injury, I always pay in full for my iPhones, so no IUP or Apple Card installment issues to screw things up. I had my order ready to go; I simply could not get into the Apple Store. SO UPSETTING!

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 52

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Interesting fact ...if I do put 1 in front of the area code it does come up with their garbled tracking number...no 1...nothing comes up...strange
It might have to do with how the phone number is on the order itself whether there is a 1 in front of the area code or not.

Reactions: Wolfs
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

You're not gonna believe this ... I couldn't get into my UPS My Choice account because it was hacked and so they have to delete the account and said I can make a new one on .... you guessed it ... Friday.

200.gif
What? Are you serious?

Who gave you all this information? Your right. I don’t believe it. Wtf 😳

Hacked by who????

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
I would love a winter visit but I would miss this too much
I love snow but only during Christmas time😅 but I would rather to have snow as long as not blizzard, having more than 1 inch, last than it should be than very very cold temperature😁 White is my favorite color. I always appreciate when snowing, having growing up on tropical weather.

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I live in a remote location in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire and had no trouble getting in immediately upon order launch.
We’re gonna need some pictures to pass the time. Sounds gorgeous!

Lol, I found the Village Drapes tracking site just for grins. Who knows if their tracker has the wicket that unlocks UPS’ secrets? 🤷‍♀️

https://www.villagedrapes.com/html/tracking.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.