Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Just another friendly reminder:

If you have not purchased an Apple Polishing Cloth. I would highly recommend you to get one. Best $19.00 USD you will ever spend. Just skip a lunch or something.

I have more than 10+ unopened Apple Polishing boxes ready to save my Apple devices.

It’s a necessity for iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max models.

Say No to #SmudgeGate.

View attachment 2266027 View attachment 2266026
View attachment 2266028
I use a microfiber cloth designed for removing the smudges on expensive wine glasses and it's the best cloth I've ever used for electronics.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
I think it's too late for that. Best you can do (with Apple) is to trade it in and get an Apple Gift Card. You will not get the best money for your 13P that way though. I saw a few have good luck with Decluttr, and then there's Gazelle and other re-sellers like that.
I think you can do a return to Apple Store for your phone and try to purchase same again this time with trade-in.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
You better make sure that hacker is not waiting outside of your house. Wonder how they were able to get the into. Could it be your Home network Wi-Fi being exposed?
This typically happens when people reuse the same password for multiple websites. A much less secure website gets hacked and the information is sold on the darkweb. Bots then use the same login credentials across the interwebs to see what they can get into. Keyloggers are another big problem where something could have happened.

Mikewho

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2020
IMG_0009.jpeg

Thought I’d join in on the photo of the day. Cannot wait for Friday!

BuddingMillionaire

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2021

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Hey @anjo10 I have been using the 20W Nano Anker for a few years as it does charge the iPhone quicker because the block used to only be 5W. Last year I bought this 30W foldable charger (It's good for traveling) if you're interested:

I also just got the same 3 in 1 adapter, but I haven't used it yet. I'm waiting for the iPhones to arrive before I change out all our cables/blocks! Welcome to the Anker family. :)
I already have this in my amazon cart. 😃 I’m just waiting to see if 3 in 1 adapter worth getting. I mainly want to use the 3 in 1 adapter for traveling. Thank you for responding. did you order the specific 3-1 adapter I mentioned? Anker has different adapters lol

Reactions: CarolG

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Gonna need a link, please.
Unfortunately they're unavailable at the moment, at least the ones I purchased. You could probably find something similar. This is what I bought, though:

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Why don’t you want to? 😂😂😂

I get mine delivered, but it sounds like you have the option to do either in store or FedEx return.
Because if I don’t see a major change from the 14 I’ll just keep it another year and then sell it.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I convinced @rjjacobson to make an investment to buy an Apple Polishing Cloth. After months of begging him to my knees, he finally did.

Russ- What are your thoughts about it? Do you like it? You know you can help us out here. 😂
Well I have used it a little bit to be honest @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ but did not see that it was any better than my other microfiber cloths. So just now another test I have lots of smears on my ipad screen i am viewing with. I turned off the screen so I could see the smears and all. The apple cloth too lots of effort and did not do well on half the screen I then pulled out the handy microfiber in a bag I have for my glasses. It cleared up the other half of screen very well, and in much less time and actually better so that I used it to clean the first half I retested the apple cloth on. Mind you that is the screen I use these on my ipad and iphone are in cases so no smears on the back ect.

So final analysis to be honest with you (will apple black list me LOL) is that its a MEH not any better than my usual microfibers. I decided to follow your recommendation and honestly probably will not get another one. But then using for the screen I touch on iphone, ipad or macbook window is typical use for me maybe I am holding/using it wrong LOL

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
This typically happens when people reuse the same password for multiple websites. A much less secure website gets hacked and the information is sold on the darkweb. Bots then use the same login credentials across the interwebs to see what they can get into. Keyloggers are another big problem where something could have happened.
I use very long and unique passwords for every website. I also don't install pirated software and I buy everything. It's just an unfortunate incident. My previous job was IT. I'm quite careful. These things can happen regardless of preparedness. My issue here was not using 2FA, which is dumb because I always do, I just never use UPS. Lapse in judgement. It's not a big deal. I just won't get to partake in the tracking festivities in here.

BuddingMillionaire

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2021
Well I have used it a little bit to be honest @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ but did not see that it was any better than my other microfiber cloths. So just now another test I have lots of smears on my ipad screen i am viewing with. I turned off the screen so I could see the smears and all. The apple cloth too lots of effort and did not do well on half the screen I then pulled out the handy microfiber in a bag I have for my glasses. It cleared up the other half of screen well in much less time and actually better so that I used it to clean the first half I retested the apple cloth on. Mind you that is the screen I use these on my ipad and iphone are in cases so no smears on the back ect.

So final analysis to be honest with you (will apple black list me LOL) is that its a MEH not any better than my usual microfibers. I decided to follow your recommendation and honestly probably will not get another one. But then using for the screen I touch on iphone, ipad or macbook window is typical use for me maybe I am holding/using it wrong LOL
I have a bunch of eyeglass claning cloths that are great on my phones and tablets too.

AeroSatan

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
NYC
Well I have used it a little bit to be honest @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ but did not see that it was any better than my other microfiber cloths. So just now another test I have lots of smears on my ipad screen i am viewing with. I turned off the screen so I could see the smears and all. The apple cloth too lots of effort and did not do well on half the screen I then pulled out the handy microfiber in a bag I have for my glasses. It cleared up the other half of screen well in much less time and actually better so that I used it to clean the first half I retested the apple cloth on. Mind you that is the screen I use these on my ipad and iphone are in cases so no smears on the back ect.

Thank You! Easily one of the most overpriced and underwhelming products Apple ever made.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Tried website and app. I try to update my address and it says there is another account associated with the name or other stuff already. Tried to create a new account but it says my name was used already. I looked around to try and delete everything under the addresses but nothing has worked. The only thing that did work it change my username and password.
When you tried to delete the addresses on the website, did you go under Profile > Addresses & Contacts where it lists all your addresses? On mine, I only had Delete next to one of the three lines, so I deleted that one and the other two lines had an Edit next to them, so I just made them match since neither had a Delete link next to them. I was just trying to get my home address as the only address showing. That seemed to work then.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I answered mine as well. The preorder was not smooth for me. It did not load on time for me, then it timed out repeatedly causing me to accidentally order four phones, but the first two orders did not show up until after 45 minutes. I cancelled two of four placed orders.
Have not gotten this yet. But had all kinds of issues even though eventually finnished on macbook in browser when my iOS apps failed miserably I will tell them if I get one

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I wish I could set a 2-hour Confirmed Delivery Window. I just don't see that option for me. Maybe because I live in a city and my UPS driver just has a route and he always goes to my apartment building last at like 6:30pm? :(
Interesting. I’m sure my driver has a route as well, but being in the suburbs may be a factor.

I’m curious if people in the city see this option. I know my driver for our old place wouldn’t care. He’d show up at his normal late time too!

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
When you tried to delete the addresses on the website, did you go under Profile > Addresses & Contacts where it lists all your addresses? On mine, I only had Delete next to one of the three lines, so I deleted that one and the other two lines had an Edit next to them, so I just made them match since neither had a Delete link next to them. I was just trying to get my home address as the only address showing. That seemed to work then.
clicked on update my addresses and next page says I hadn't added any. Under my choice membership when I click on edit preferences and then name and address if I try and put my address in there is says my username or something is already used

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.