Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

sumarlidason

macrumors member
May 21, 2021
After the Anker security camera article, I havenā€™t felt like buying their products.. Ive watched the Apple power supply tear downs and they are quality/sophisticated devices - I just wish they would move to GaN..

iPhone4Life1

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
Hopefully traveling!
IMG_6173.png
How are you all getting scans? I canā€™t access anything more then this, even when using the full site

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
The deed is already done. They just wanted to nuke it from orbit and have me start over. I literally only ever use my UPS account during this time of year. Most of my stuff gets shipped through FedEx and USPS. Honestly this is pretty stupid because I usually turn 2FA on all my accounts that have it, but didn't for UPS because I barely use it. The lesson is, that's not an excuse. šŸ˜…

They'll be met with 2nd Amendment hardware if they're waiting outside my house on my property. It was someone in a completely different state. I just didn't have proper protection on my account. I change my home network password once a month and my network app notifies me immediately if any foreign devices connect to the network or try to change something.
Ugh, that sounds like it sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that, I've always found the delivery management services awkwardly insecure.

Also, please, don't be that 2A guy that ruins it for all the other 2A guys because you can't control your temper. Even this kind of rhetoric alone makes us look really, really stupid and childish. The best thing anyone can do for 2A is demonstrate that by and large, the vast majority of us are really reasonable people without anger management issues who actually have the skills and wherewithal to solve conflict and deescalate situations without resulting to hysterics. Simply threatening gun violence (whether you mean it or not) for some wifi poaching (which is NOT cool, don't get me wrong) or trespassing with no obvious intent to harm life or limb or even physical property? Not even Florida or Texas will look kindly on that. Nearly every state (and a talented prosecutor, right or wrong), will be able to take your words and actions and turn that into "escalating" or "brandishing" pretty easy. That doesn't help our 2A rights, at all, it hurts us.

And, I hear they take away your iPhone (and bangstick) when they book you, anyway. Is it really worth it?

Last edited:

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
I once had an iPhone pre order leave China on Thursday and still got it launch day. I was so stressed that day! Timezone and what UPS can do is impressive
Thereā€™s a good time zone advantage there, too. Thursday in China is still Wednesday in the states.

Similar thing happened to me in 2021. Phone sat in ZZ from Saturday and then on Tuesday left to the usual ANC->SDF route. Still got it launch day.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Unfortunately they're unavailable at the moment, at least the ones I purchased. You could probably find something similar. This is what I bought, though:

Thank you so much! Saved to my list and I will explore alternatives.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Yeah, that's the way it has been for the last few years. If you try to set it up before the import scan hits, it will just default back to its original delivery instructions when it DOES have the scan. That import scan will likely be Thursday when it reaches the Louisville hub.
I have been a regular upgrader since 2014 on launch day...Never before it asked me to pay for Hold for pickup option until this year. And its not even showing me that option yet.

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
View attachment 2266275 Ruh Roh. Verizon wants to deliver the new iPhone early? Tracking number matches the Verizon shipment email but this has to be the trade-in box?
I've seen it happen but Apple is very, very serious about the embargoes and likely has significant penalties in place for such things on both the carrier and courier.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
View attachment 2266284 How are you all getting scans? I canā€™t access anything more then this, even when using the full site

I called in to UPS International (800) 782-7892 and requested my tracking number. I explained that the MyChoice was giving me confusing tracking numbers and received help with the reference number. She actually pulled me up by my phone number which didnā€™t work on the desktop for me. After that, she gave me the right tracking number and after that call is appeared properly in MyChoice as well.

Be warned, you may need to call in a couple of times to get someone who can actually help. Most will say you need a tracking number and say they canā€™t help without it.

HTH!

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I wish I could see more data on my order. I placed a pre order for a Natural Ti PM 256 on 7:25am and received a "W" number and I am in the "Processing" level with a Friday the 22nd 2:45 - 3:00 pm pickup.

I chose pickup this time as I have had a iPhone XS Max stolen on launch day Friday by UPS and I have had a set of First Generation AirPods stolen on launch day by FedEX so I'm too gun shy on deliveries. :)
I have had two things stolen by FedEx. So I prefer UPS deliveries to my house

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Also, please, don't be that 2A guy that ruins it for all the other 2A guys because you can't control your temper. Even this kind of rhetoric alone makes us look really, really stupid and childish. The best thing anyone can do for 2A is demonstrate that by and large, the vast majority of us are really reasonable people without anger management issues who actually have the skills and wherewithal to solve conflict and deescalate situations without resulting to hysterics. Simply threatening gun violence (whether you mean it or not) for some wifi poaching (which is NOT cool, don't get me wrong) or trespassing with no obvious intent to harm life or limb or even physical property? Not even Florida or Texas will look kindly on that. Nearly every state (and a talented prosecutor, right or wrong), will be able to take your words and actions and turn that into "escalating" or "brandishing" pretty easy. That doesn't help our 2A rights, at all, it hurts us.

And, I hear they take away your iPhone (and bangstick) when they book you, anyway. Is it really worth it?
Are you serious? Thanks for making a wildly ridiculous assumption with the joke that I made. I'm not going to escalate anything over a phone. I'll always call the police first unless me or my family are in danger. There is no other scenario where anything would happen. I don't care about material things. I only care about people.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It looks like itā€™s this one. Anker USB C Charger, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W)

the one I wanted is this.
View attachment 2266276

i honestly donā€™t know the difference between the two šŸ˜… except yours is Nano (smaller) and probably lighter too? And cheaper. Hmmm.
Oh sorry I thought I got the same one you were getting. Mine could be the older model and thatā€™s why itā€™s cheaper? I really donā€™t think you can go wrong. Anker is really good quality.

Reactions: anjo10

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Yes, I did. It's a good 30-45 min hike down but getting up was not fun. It was brutal šŸ˜‚ the best part was I was down there all alone nothing but privacy and I stayed there for good 1-2 hours before people started to show up. I could have stayed there all day. I recommend hiking down there. Itā€™s worth it!

Here's the video version of it.

View attachment 2265791

Btw, I just got back from my 3rd vacation from Chicago and I had a blast. I felt so connected with the city. Diversity and positive energy are all over the city and it follows you everywhere. I will never taste another pizza unless itā€™s from Chicago. Iā€™m scared to order pizza now from dominoes and papa johns lol it wonā€™t be the same ever.

The new iPhone 15 Pro Max is amazing.
This looks beautiful!

Iā€™m going to Chicago at the end of the month to see Hamilton. I havenā€™t been in a really long time. Where did you eat? I canā€™t wait to take my new iPhone there for pictures.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
For those getting the image below, don't be like me and wait lol ....just call 1-800-782-7892. Say "track a package". Keep saying "agent" until someone answers. Provide your cell number as your reference number for tracking. They will ask for you to confirm your mailing address, and then provide you with the full tracking info. I let them know I only see 0428 and they gave me the full tracking.

5 min convo and done

ozrPCLe.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.