Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Part of that dotted line goes over Russian airspace (I think the part above the "U" in UPS is Russian soil) and definitely the weird shaped peninsula thingie in the middle is Russia. Would that even be legal to fly over Russian soil?
To say nothing of flying over the DPRK first! And I don't think that it's illegal from from the Russian side to overfly their territory, but most countries these days choose to restrict aircraft registered with them from doing so. In other words, I don't think the Russians will send MIGs to intercept you, but you'd probably hear from the FAA on landing.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
Rounded edges make it look thinner even though it’s actually thicker iirc
I know the overall thickness is greater than the 14P/PM, but do we know for sure yet if the main body is thicker or if just the camera portion/bump is thicker?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I got the same thing. It must be a bug in their notification system. Probably if Apple didn’t specify a set date, the package would arrive tomorrow.
The flight isn’t scheduled to land in Louisville until 11:10 AM, if I recall correctly. It would be impossible for the phones to reach their final destinations tomorrow. Definitely a glitch.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Any time I see a B747 or an A380 during an initial climb, they look like they are barely moving. A couple of years ago, I had to catch a regional flight on an E175 out of EWR (the only time I ever flew on one) and that thing literally blasted off the runway at a nearly vertical angle. Weight certainly matters!

That's the difference between large and heavy aircraft.. plus the fuel adds weight, so to become more fuel efficient, they'd need to burn off the fuel and step their climb.. when they get lighter in fuel, they can climb higher; at that higher altitude, they'll burn less fuel (less oxygen in the air).

BL.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
So everyone, who has big plans for their new phone this weekend? Going out to take photos? Running speed and performance comparisons with your current phone? Showing it off to friends and family? Spending several hours going through settings to get every setting to your liking? Catching up on your sleep after spending many hours on this forum?
Playing with new phone after evening setup. Working with new cameras especially and putting them through paces and see what this new beast can do.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
If they stay there overnight, it's all good.. I mean, Oppan Gangnam Style! :p

BL.
1695087999957.gif

Last pre-order 2 years ago I was still an FO. We'll refer to @pilotpat as a Senior Captain.
Excuse me, I’m a captain as well 😆, one who isn’t working today anyways. I didn’t see any other flights today but you will probably see movement tomorrow. I’m on my phone so can’t really look into it easily. When I’m near my computer I will look and try to get flight numbers like we did this morning.
@pilotpat @FlightLevel310

Both of them are world-class, best of the best! ✈️

Throughout the years I have learned so much from both of them. They are the true asset and highly valuable members to this community. 🫡

I seriously cannot thank them enough. They are the real rock stars around here. Their knowledge and expertise are highly appreciated. We must protect them! 🏆🙇🏻‍♀️

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Finally caught back up after 30 pages. I'll have an update here in about an hour. But to answer some of your concerns, FlightAware only gets the routing for flights to the USA at the point it hits US airspace. So they already had a route going south. Flightaware is just showing the shortest distance to the first point in ingested into its system. Obviously we can't fly over North Korea and Russia. Hope these images help. Top is what FlightAware shows. Bottom is probably what they are actually flying.
1695087719524.png

1695088203036.png

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
So everyone, who has big plans for their new phone this weekend? Going out to take photos? Running speed and performance comparisons with your current phone? Showing it off to friends and family? Spending several hours going through settings to get every setting to your liking? Catching up on your sleep after spending many hours on this forum?
Taking lots of pics at a nephew’s 1 year birthday. Many speed and performance tests. Reading and watching reviews. Learning ins and out of iOS 17.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
There's a reason for that. When they enter the ADIZ, they'd have to refile their flight plan and receive clearance again anyway.. at least that was what I learned before my short time at the FAA Academy, unless there is a LOA (Letter of Agreement) between the adjoining facilities. In this case, there isn't, as they'd be coming out of oceanic airspace, and there is nothing between Oakland Oceanic and Fukuoka Oceanic. The gap between them would be Russian airspace, which they are avoiding.

BL.
When were you in OKC?

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Am I correct that it is currently Tuesday morning in China? For those on 2B, do we believe odds are good we will depart today (Tuesday in China)?

Reactions: HDJulie

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Any time I see a B747 or an A380 during an initial climb, they look like they are barely moving. A couple of years ago, I had to catch a regional flight on an E175 out of EWR (the only time I ever flew on one) and that thing literally blasted off the runway at a nearly vertical angle. Weight certainly matters!
If it was an E175 out of EWR, it could have been me flying you back then haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.