Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
So everyone, who has big plans for their new phone this weekend? Going out to take photos? Running speed and performance comparisons with your current phone? Showing it off to friends and family? Spending several hours going through settings to get every setting to your liking? Catching up on your sleep after spending many hours on this forum?
I went with Android last year (z fold 4) so I'm pretty excited to set up my phone and tinker through the settings and explore the new software since I also missed out on ios16. Getting my series 9 the same day too so double the fun 👍 can't wait to go back to a camera powerhouse, the camera on my fold is subpar.

View attachment 2268427 My iPhone 15 Pro 128GB Natural somewhere in South Korea 🇰🇷
Not anymore. En Route! We crossed Japan. Happy and safe travels!

IMG_3378.jpeg

MrRugged

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2016
Am I correct that it is currently Tuesday morning in China? For those on 2B, do we believe odds are good we will depart today (Tuesday in China)?
Yes, curious about this as well. Can someone help us 2B folks figure out if a flight is leaving China soon???

I'm also glad I didn't get left behind.

View attachment 2268433
Me too! I’m glad too. Both of my iPhones made it on the first wave. I was so worried and bummed out. This is definitely a good year! It’s nerve-wracking when you get left behind. Today was a perfect day. Let’s go!!!

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Yes! Please order the new iPhone Ultra with us next year and pick a home delivery. It's so much fun. Can't wait to have you join. I’ll be waiting. See you next year. 😌
I always ship to home (with the exception of the X). The flight travels and UPS updates (or lack thereof) were actually really exciting (and kind of terrifying) lol.

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
I mean "deeper," as in the Z-axis if the screen is in the X and Y axes.

The 15P/PM is "deeper" (most call this "thicker") than the 14P/PM.

15P/PM: 8.25mm
14P/PM: 7.85mm
Ah OK, just verified that the 7.85mm measurement is indeed the "depth" or "thickness" of the 14P/PM body. Including the camera bump, it's 12.02mm. Vs. the 15P/PM at 8.25mm / 12.76mm.

This means the 15P/PM is definitely thicker throughout

Or should I say... thiqqer

Reactions: Brad7

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Is everyone getting these? I highly doubt this will actually happen, particularly since my UPS app is still showing 9/22 delivery for both phones. 😂 View attachment 2268382
Yes, I got it for one of my iPhones I ordered, but not the other. However, when I check the actual tracking, it still says 9/22.

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I’m confused. My UPS is showing my phone still in ZhengZhou, CN. It says

9/17 6PM departed facility ZhengZhou, CN

Followed by

9/17 6:22 PM arrived facility ZhengZhou, CN.

I see others have movement… am I the only one at this phase? I tried reading but can’t keep up with the multitude of pages this thread is haha.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Finally caught back up after 30 pages. I'll have an update here in about an hour. But to answer some of your concerns, FlightAware only gets the routing for flights to the USA at the point it hits US airspace. So they already had a route going south. Flightaware is just showing the shortest distance to the first point in ingested into its system. Obviously we can't fly over North Korea and Russia. Hope these images help. Top is what FlightAware shows. Bottom is probably what they are actually flying.
View attachment 2268404

View attachment 2268424
Thanks interesting

On the 22nd you will see a TON of posts of people saying they received their phone, many posting a photo. They will say that they had fun on the forum, and then you won't see them again until their next upgrade. It's the way of things 😀
This is true but doesn’t apply to all of them. The real ones stay and we support each other. You guys know who you are.

chiitownkruger

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014

Followed by

I see others have movement… am I the only one at this phase? I tried reading but can’t keep up with the multitude of pages this thread is haha.
You might be on wave 2 - deliver date 9/22 ?

Followed by

You are part of Wave 2A expecting you guys to be getting out of China tomorrow. Some of the Wave 2 members got left behind. Wait for @FlightLevel310 to post the briefing. Thank you!

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
When were you in OKC?

2005 for about 3 weeks. I got the call for ATC six weeks after my 31st birthday.. Thought I had made it in, which is what I wanted to do as the IT field was still hurting.. then they realized their mistake and had to let me go. Back then, and this was during the FAA's screwup that lead to a ton of retirements, the rule was that to be ATC, you had to be hired on before your 31st birthday, because they want a mandatory 25 years from you, as retirement age is 56. As they got to me after my 31st birthday, I was outside of that age limit.. :(

I had it made there, too! didn't have to worry about any accommodations, as I could have stayed with my father!

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.