Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
2005 for about 3 weeks. I got the call for ATC six weeks after my 31st birthday.. Thought I had made it in, which is what I wanted to do as the IT field was still hurting.. then they realized their mistake and had to let me go. Back then, and this was during the FAA's screwup that lead to a ton of retirements, the rule was that to be ATC, you had to be hired on before your 31st birthday, because they want a mandatory 25 years from you, as retirement age is 56. As they got to me after my 31st birthday, I was outside of that age limit.. :(

I had it made there, too! didn't have to worry about any accommodations, as I could have stayed with my father!

BL.
Ah okay. I worked there around 2017 as an RPO. It's still the same BS there. Not enough controllers and not enough at the academy. They really need to get rid of the age 31 deal. The other issue there is the way training is done. You have final exams and you have to pass otherwise you get the boot. You can be great for most of training and then get stressed at evals and fail. Other businesses in the world that invest time and money into you usually want to get you through. Not just kick you out because nerves got to you. But anyways....that is another talk for a different day.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Another random scan
1695089939406.png

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
So it looks like it will
Probably stay in Alaska until tomorrow then head to Kentucky Wednesday and stay there until Thursday night at least for eastern peps

Reactions: a83859372
So it looks like it will
Probably stay in Alaska until tomorrow then head to Kentucky Wednesday and stay there until Thursday night at least for eastern peps
No. We will stay in Louisville, Kentucky. Please see @FlightLevel310 most current briefing.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
When I track by reference, all I get is the last 4 of my tracking number, that is will be delivered 9/22, and its "On the Way." How are people getting more detailed information. (Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but search terms I'm using aren't getting me very far.)

Do you think they rescanned the pallets on the plane?
Possibly for assurance. Will be able to answer this question accurately when Apple allows UPS to release the full tracking transcript in detail from UPS. We will know all the mechanical errors/delays and all.

This usually happens on Thursday after Import Scan takes place.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
When I track by reference, all I get is the last 4 of my tracking number, that is will be delivered 9/22, and its "On the Way." How are people getting more detailed information. (Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but search terms I'm using aren't getting me very far.)
Anything pops up in your app? Do you have ups my choice?

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
About 150,000. And around 500,000 are manufactured each day.
Iā€™m not sure when The NY Times article was written, but I wonder if thatā€™s pre or post removal Of the chargers to effectively consume half of the space of previous iPhone boxes.

Reactions: xxray

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
People who had previously verified a UPS MyChoice account. A few others have managed to get the info from UPS international customer service reps.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

Jonbinary

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I'm still confused but that's what happens with four diagnosed learning disabilities. Sometimes the obvious goes right over my head. It gets frustrating at times and sometimes I just have to accept not understanding something, such as this as to avoid upsetting others. Some days are better than others.
I get that. ADHD & ASD here. Reading between the lines takes a lot of effort

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.