Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
You're beginning to question your sanity?

We're all in a thread anthropomorphizing our new phones pretending that they are sipping wine on deluxe airliners and sitting in the cockpit. And you're worried about your sanity?!
My sanity definitely took a big hit after my SE was stolen by (probably) FedEx. I was planning to trade it in for the $800 credit T-Mobile is offering.

My girlfriend has been to Alaska several times. Maybe she could show you around. BTW, she told me this was a really stupid thing to do. 😀

View attachment 2268548
I want to go to Alaska one day. It's on the bucket list. The problem is I grew up in the City so I'm used to living that city life.

That's a nice photo. It looks cool but also death-defying. Also looks very tiring.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
200w.gif

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I'm never going to get caught up. I had a bunch of adulting stuff to do this afternoon, including returning the FineWoven case I ordered. Which was an interesting process because I started the return on the web, which only gave me the choice of printing out a shipping label and taking it to FedEx with my own box. So I tried to complete the return in an Apple store. It looks like it went through. We'll see. The nice Apple person at the store warned me to keep an eye on it, just in case. But that's a story for a different thread.

Anyway... that's why I'm behind. I never got a customs scan, but I am apparently part of wave 1 because I'm on the flight to Anchorage. (A lovely city. My parents lived there when first married.)

I'd like an adult beverage, please.

BTW the store had the FineWoven cases and wallets on display. But not the phones, of course.

IMG_8059.jpeg

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I want to go visit Anchorage, Alaska one day. The plan was to go visit this year but just couldn't make it. Hopefully next time.
I worked as a tour guide on a small charter boat (about 40 feet) one year in Alaska. Got to be within several feet of whales and other crazy things. Was amazing. Was a company that my cousin worked for at the time and he drove the boats and I entertained all the tourists telling stories and pointing out the wildlife and talking about them. My cousin owns a touring company now in Alaska. I need to go back there. It was life-changing.

I'm never going to get caught up. I had a bunch of adulting stuff to do this afternoon, including returning the FineWoven case I ordered. Which was an interesting process because I started the return on the web, which only gave me the choice of printing out a shipping label and taking it to FedEx with my own box. So I tried to complete the return in an Apple store. It looks like it went through. We'll see. The nice Apple person at the store warned me to keep an eye on it, just in case. But that's a story for a different thread.

Anyway... that's why I'm behind. I never got a customs scan, but I am apparently part of wave 1 because I'm on the flight to Anchorage. (A lovely city. My parents lived there when first married.)

I'd like an adult beverage, please.

BTW the store had the FineWoven cases and wallets on display. But not the phones, of course.

View attachment 2268550
Dang! You didn't waste no time. Already returned the Apple Wovencase? Is it really that cheaply bad?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
@Gathomblipoob What exactly are you trying to say and what in the world are you talking about LOL? There's something about you and having late-night conversations. Last year it was the same thing. This year is no different.
I just know you must grab some sleep here and there in the space of a week. Don't take me so seriously. 😀

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022

Does this cable have anything to do with faster charging or Is it just transfers ?
Please don’t buy a Thunderbolt cable for data transfers! Cable Matters [USB-IF Certified] 10 Gbps Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable 3.3 ft / 1m with 8K Video and 100W Power Delivery in Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0F6AJI?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_TE30K3GDGQQF1GN5XDZ7 something like this would be good enough and much cheaper. I used a 10Gbps cable with iPad Pro earlier to do a backup and it flew by.

Reactions: MrENGLISH
I worked as a tour guide on a small charter boat (about 40 feet) one year in Alaska. Got to be within several feet of whales and other crazy things. Was amazing. Was a company that my cousin worked for at the time and he drove the boats and I entertained all the tourists telling stories and pointing out the wildlife and talking about them. My cousin owns a touring company now in Alaska. I need to go back there. It was life-changing.
Sounds like fun! You are lucky to experience that. Did you get to see the Northern lights?

Which one is better to visit Anchorage or Fairbanks?

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
I just want to be someplace cold and be secluded.

Reactions: 5105973

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Dang! You didn't waste no time. Already returned the Apple Wovencase? Is it really that cheaply bad?

I know some people like it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the fabric, I'm concerned that it won't be protective enough or durable, and it just didn't look to me like it was worth $60. If it were $25 or $30 I might have kept it as a backup.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Please don’t buy a Thunderbolt cable for data transfers! Cable Matters [USB-IF Certified] 10 Gbps Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable 3.3 ft / 1m with 8K Video and 100W Power Delivery in Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0F6AJI?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_TE30K3GDGQQF1GN5XDZ7 something like this would be good enough and much cheaper. I used a 10Gbps cable with iPad Pro earlier to do a backup and it flew by.
I wont be buying it dont worry.

Q: What block size do I need for the fastest charging for 15 Pro?

I know some people like it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the fabric, I'm concerned that it won't be protective enough or durable, and it just didn't look to me like it was worth $60. If it were $25 or $30 I might have kept it as a backup.
I think Apple is playing with the customer's minds and taking advantage of it. Let's be real. Not everyone is into tech. Apple will outsell those cases to people who don't care much. They don't care what kind of iPhone they are getting or anything. These people don't care for the RAM or Peroscope camera. Those are the target audiences Apple is aiming for. It's kinda sad but that's how business works! Stepping over!

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Sounds like fun! You are lucky to experience that. Did you get to see the Northern lights?
Yes, I saw the Northern Lights and it was breathtaking.

Which one is better to visit Anchorage or Fairbanks?
I've never been to Fairbanks. Anchorage is alright. I mostly stayed in Seward and was on the water for 14 hours a day, sometimes longer, because during the Summer there isn't any nightfall. Just 24 hours of daylight. Fairbanks is much better for viewing the Northern Lights because it's much further north, but it's also insanely freaking cold.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I agree. I have one beside me and it definitely isn't worth $60. I am curious to see how it holds up over time but my expectations are very low.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I've never seen so much USB-C cable excitement
A little earlier my phone needed charging. I usually use a wireless charger by my bed and let it charge at night. But I needed to keep using it... to check UPS, you know... so I pulled out a lightening cable and plugged it in for a bit. It occurred to me that might be the last time I ever use a lightening cable. I am not sad about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.