Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Are you really planning to charge your 15 with the original iPhone charging block, or am I missing something?
I'm old school. I only prefer charging an iPhone with a 5W charger. Overnight charging + Optimized charging kicks in. It's the little things that make me happy. Pure satisfaction!

Also, it never overheats my iPhone.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I'm old school. I only prefer charging an iPhone with a 5W charger. Overnight charging + Optimized charging kicks in. It's the little things that make me happy. Pure satisfaction!

Also, it never overheats my iPhone.
You get a new iPhone every year, right? Same as I do. Do you slow charge your Watch as well? Not making fun - genuinely curious.

No, I'm not sure that I know you at all if this is the set up you've purchased for your iPhone. If you're being serious, then that set up is a nightmarish fail.
I'm 100% serious. I just paid for it. I showed you guys the receipt.

This is going to be my setup to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Apple has dual USB-C 35 W charger for 59 bucks.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Did anyone manage to buy a Lightning to USB Dongle?

MUQX3

as far as I can tell, I would need this, connected to 15PM, to be able to connect a lightning to headphone connector adapter , so I can plug in my 3.5mm wired headphones. I get the feeling apple doesn't want to sell me usb-c to headphone connector, they only want you to use wireless headphones. so, I probably won't buy one for this purpose and just let those wired headphones sit on the shelf.

I did buy one to use for lightning cables in the car.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I'm 100% serious. I just paid for it. I showed you guys the receipt.

This is going to be my setup to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Is this an invasion of the bodysnatchers situation? What is going on? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. If you really are going to use that 5 watt charger, then just buy a USB to USB C cable and forgo the adapter. That adapter is completely unnecessary.

You get a new iPhone every year, right? Same as I do. Do you slow charge your Watch as well? Not making fun - genuinely curious.
Yes, I do. Since 2008. I ordered 2 iPhones for myself this year.

Yes, I slow charge my Apple Watch Ultra too. 5W Apple Charging adapter only. I just took this picture for you right now.

Attachments

• 1695101931883.png
    1695101931883.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 65

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Is this an invasion of the bodysnatchers situation? What is going on? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. If you really are going to use that 5 watt charger, then just buy a USB to USB C cable and forgo the adapter. That adapter is completely unnecessary.
Kevin McCarthy (the actor) and Donald Sutherland would be proud.

Reactions: Wolfs
How do you charge your iPhone without the charging block adapter. No way I'm using my Macbook to do that. That will be annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.