Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
You cannot connect a USB-C Cable to an Apple 5W Charger. That's not possible. You need a dongle to support that I think.
I didn't say that. I said you need a USB to USB C cable. One end is USB that goes into the 5 watt charger and the other end is USB C that goes into your iPhone 15. You don't need an adapter. But since Apple doesn't make that cable and you don't want to buy a cable that isn't Apple, then that ghetto set up you have with the adapter in between is your only option.

Just tell me if this is all I need to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Is this a correct set up? I only want to use the 5W Apple Charging brick to charge my iPhone. Nothing else.

1695102428007.png

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Am I the only one that totally understands and believes this?

She is doing this because she wants to avoid fast charging while also using official Apple products.

I don’t believe Apple makes a USB-A to USB-C cable. That is why she has to use a USB-C to Lightning cable to a Lightning to USB-C dongle. She is using the OG USB-A brick to limit the charge power to 5w as to not damage the battery like the fast charging bricks do.

It's not 2015 batteries anymore

I fast charge using my Air changing brick and usb c cable...14PM battery still at 96% a year later

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I got a free Google-made USB A to USB C cable years ago and it's been incredibly useful. At the moment I use it to connect my Nintendo Switch to my MacBook Pro and offload screenshots because it's the most reliable cable. For some reason 10Gbps USB-C cables don't work with Switch and USB C to USB C 2.0 cables are unreliable too.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Great! You just called my homeless. That's my grandma's chair you are talking about loll. Don't judge.
Yes, things that belonged to grandma are lovely. I cherish all of the things I've received from my grandma. But you are literally the Queen of Apple and want to always be on the cutting edge of all things Apple and you are charging all of your stuff all randomly together on a wooden chair. I can't tell what's real anymore.

200w.gif

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Yes, things that belonged to grandma are lovely. I cherish all of the things I've received from my grandma. But you are literally the Queen of Apple and want to always be on the cutting edge of all things Apple and you are charging all of your stuff all randomly together on a wooden chair. I can't tell what's real anymore.

200w.gif
This is why we all need to get some rest lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.