Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
That 20w charge will do the fast charging and it will overheat the battery. I don't want that. Sorry
Wait What.gif

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
How do you charge your iPhone without the charging block adapter. No way I'm using my Macbook to do that. That will be annoying.
I have an Anker USB C charger that I charge my MacBook with next to my bed. For the iPhone, I have another Anker charger with USB ports and I use a USB to Lightning cable. When I get my iPhone on Friday, I'll only need to use the USB C charger. You don't need a dongle. You just need a USB to USB C cable. It will go straight from the charger to your iPhone without a dongle.

The winner of what? Your phone going from 12% to 19% in 9 hours?
No! When I wake up it's at 100%. Optimized charging kicks in at mid-night and around 3 AM it starts charging again. It's a pure satisfaction for me to watch my iPhone slowly charge. Also, it stays very cool. No overheating!

It's about the principalities.

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
I'm old school. I only prefer charging an iPhone with a 5W charger. Overnight charging + Optimized charging kicks in. It's the little things that make me happy. Pure satisfaction!

Also, it never overheats my iPhone.
I am the same way. Slow trickle charge while I sleep. I only use the MagSafe charger if I have to get a real quick boost in a hurry I am by no means Battery expert however, it just seems to me that as long slow charge will possibly better for the batteries then the quick high watt charge, but like all things, your mileage may vary.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I just want to make sure this is going to work to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Is this set up correct?

View attachment 2268575

I don't troll. You know better. I'm very serious. Is that a correct setup. If I'm wrong or missing something please tell me.

Also, I just purchased it.

I'm old school. I only prefer charging an iPhone with a 5W charger. Overnight charging + Optimized charging kicks in. It's the little things that make me happy. Pure satisfaction!

Also, it never overheats my iPhone.

That 20w charge will do the fast charging and it will overheat the battery. I don't want that. Sorry

What do you guys have against the 5W Apple Charger? It never over heats the iPhone. I prefer slow charging.

I'm 100% serious. I just paid for it. I showed you guys the receipt.

This is going to be my setup to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Am I the only one that totally understands and believes this?

She is doing this because she wants to avoid fast charging while also using official Apple products.

I don’t believe Apple makes a USB-A to USB-C cable. That is why she has to use a USB-A to Lightning cable to a Lightning to USB-C dongle. She is using the OG USB-A brick to limit the charge power to 5w as to not damage the battery like the fast charging bricks do.

Last edited:
I have an Anker USB C charger that I charge my MacBook with next to my bed. For the iPhone, I have another Anker charger with USB ports and I use a USB to Lightning cable. When I get my iPhone on Friday, I'll only need to use the USB C charger. You don't need a dongle. You just need a USB to USB C cable. It will go straight from the charger to your iPhone without a dongle.
You cannot connect a USB-C Cable to an Apple 5W Charger. That's not possible. You need a dongle to support that I think.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
" data-source="post: 32505632" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
How do you charge your iPhone without the charging block adapter. No way I'm using my Macbook to do that. That will be annoying.

The 5W wall charger is USB-A. In your pic, the cable you show is a USB C to Lightning cable. You just need a USB-A to USB-C cable to use that charger with your iPhone 15. No Lightning-USB C adapter needed.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Just buy the 20w USB C block for $19 and the USB-C cable for $19...this is very confusing lol
Yes. This.

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ cancel all that stuff you just bought and just buy a cable (the 15PM includes a charging cable already, do you need another?) and a usb-c power block. I'd probably buy this power block.

Am I the only one that totally understands and believes this?

She is doing this because she wants to avoid fast charging while also using official Apple products.

I don’t believe Apple makes a USB-A to USB-C cable. That is why she has to use a USB-C to Lightning cable to a Lightning to USB-C dongle. She is using the OG USB-A brick to limit the charge power to 5w as to not damage the battery like the fast charging bricks do.
Thank you! You guys need to listen to @MrENGLISH He is spot on!

Yes. This.

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ cancel all that stuff you just bought and just buy a cable (the 15PM includes a charging cable already, do you need another?) and a usb-c power block. I'd probably buy this power block.

Thanks but its a 35W Adapter. I only want to slow charge my iPhone. I prefer using that Apple 5W brick.

Reactions: LasersGoPewPew
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.