Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
We know. Stop reminding us!

giphy.gif

 finally adopts USB-C and she’s choosing to charge like the Stone Age?!

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Problem is I don't like saying good byes and letting go of old things. I don't think I'll ever let go of the 5W Apple Charger. When I don't see it around. I start bugging out.
The 5W charger is nice and compact, I use it for some security cameras because it's more aesthetically designed but has the same power output as the camera brands' adapter.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Thank you! I ordered it and this is correct right?

View attachment 2268605
I’m surprised you don’t already have a handful of the 5w chargers and even the USB-A to Lightning cables around. I still have most of mine in their OG boxes since I would just keep using the setup I had had for years. That only changed when I switched to MagSafe as my primary charging method.

No. My battery is nice and cool, even connected to my 60w charger. The iPhone takes care of only taking the amount of power it wants. It regulates the power flow.
I think I may be traumatized.

One day I plugged my iPhone with a 20W Apple charge. In the morning I woke up and the back of the iPhone was very hot. It was burning Also, the alarm failed and didn't go off. So, yeah.. that kinda scared me. Back to the classic 5W Apple Charger.

I’m surprised you don’t already have a handful of the 5w chargers and even the USB-A to Lightning cables around. I still have most of mine in their OG boxes since I would just keep using the setup I had had for years. That only changed when I switched to MagSafe as my primary charging method.
I do. I have lots of them. I wanted a brand new one for the new iPhone. Don't judge me lol. I just didn't want to use my old cables on a new phone. I know I'm weird.

zenwave

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2018
Hey, so anyone else still have "Preparing to ship" with Sep 22 as expected date? I ordered my 15Pro Max within the first few minutes. Don't know how it could be expected to arrive on the 22 if it hasn't yet shipped 😞
IMG_2168.jpeg

Reactions: 5105973 and svish

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I think I may be traumatized.

One day I plugged my iPhone with a 20W Apple charge. In the morning I woke up and the back of the iPhone was very hot. It was burning Also, the alarm failed and didn't go off. So, yeah.. that kinda scared me. Back to the classic 5W Apple Charger.

Might want to get an electrician ...not a 5W adapter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.