Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
How do we get all of these scans? Mine only shows one thing due to privacy.
The Tracking has to auto-populate in UPS MyChoice in order for you to see the whole thing. You can try calling UPS to get the full tracking number - providing the last 4 you have + other reference #s like Phone # and Order #. It's been taking folks a while to get through a cooperative UPS agent though.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
We got braided cable
I haven't bought a cable in over 10 years since you could claim a new cable as long as your iPhone or iPad has a warranty.
Just for those who didn't know you could claim a new cable but you will have to return the old one 😁
F6YZEPXW4AI34xu.jpeg

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
The Tracking has to auto-populate in UPS MyChoice in order for you to see the whole thing. You can try calling UPS to get the full tracking number - providing the last 4 you have + other reference #s like Phone # and Order #. It's been taking folks a while to get through a cooperative UPS agent though.
I called yesterday and the agent I spoke to was very nice. I got the full tracking info in under 10 minutes. The harder part is getting passed the automated BS.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Mine is a 2015 Dodge Charger that doesn’t have CarPlay either. It’s paid off and I am in no rush to replace it. But when I do, my next car will have CarPlay.
My 2013 Mercedes ML died a month ago. Well it didn't die, die... but started having misfires on the highway. The dealer wanted $10,000 to fix it, so I decided it was finally time for a new car.

Ended up with a Jeep Rubicon X 4xE* which came with wireless carplay on a 12.3 inch screen. Fantastic setup. I had been pining for carplay for years and am so excited to finally be able to use it!

Only wireless carplay gripe? When I'm sitting in my garage, I can't take advantage of the Wifi access point in my garage because wireless carplay disconnects wifi. Meanwhile my neighborhood is a cellular black hole so nothing works till I'm about a block away form home.

*The jeep is a PHEV with 25-27 miles of full electric range. While that is pathetically small compared to say a Tesla, for me it has been great. I work from home, and rarely go more than 20 miles from the house. With my level 2 charger, I'm charged up in 2 hours, so I can easily get 60-80 miles of all electric range in a single day...while still having the convenience of using gas if I want for long-distance trips.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
So, on a slight side topic, but still related to getting my iPhone, and still related to shipping - I ordered a case from Native Union on Saturday to replace the FineWoven case that I really don't think will stand up to my use. I ordered it expedited so I could hopefully have it here from Hong Kong by Friday or Saturday. Fedex is already anticipating delivery tomorrow, and looking up flights, there is indeed a direct HKG-MEM flight that gets in at midnight local time! Crazy. just crazy, I tell ya!

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Android can be a fun space to inhabit. It can also take more outta you than Apple. I've lived over there too, and as much as I enjoyed Android for what it does, you have to stay on top of so much more, like manufacturer, updates (frequency, timeliness, duration, quality), skins, apps added, apps replaced - and that's after all the stuff that you would compare in the Apple world, like features, form, price. And you have to do that for a longer period during the year, in fact most of the year because of the multiple manufacturers in the space.

So when I hear you say you're reluctant to go from Galaxy to Nexus (both great brands, worlds apart in overall experience), I can relate. When I hear you throwing a PM into the mix, I'm intrigued!

You mention family, and, not to gloss over your experience here, I think part of the reason in our family for the Apple lineup is our moms - getting that call asking for help on a phone you've never seen with a skin you've never seen... not fun. At least when your mom is ignoring your instructions on the phone, you have an idea of where she went and how to get her back where you wanted her to go! And when they've both lost their husbands in the last couple of years, being able to sort that out becomes... more important, I guess.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn that into an iPhone vs Android post, but this definitely invoked some memories. I hope your next year finds you having the time to take care of... you!

This is a fun chat/purchase experience - I've had iPhones for years, but this is the first time I've joined the crew here watching it unfold, and as fun as it is... I'll probably be back here for the 18 or 19!
For a few years, I switched back and forth between android and iOS every year. I honestly love elements of both ecosystems. Since at the time all my email, contacts, calendars, and photos lived in Google... the switching back and forth was pretty seamless.

Reactions: WaitingForGuacamole

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
For a few years, I switched back and forth between android and iOS every year. I honestly love elements of both ecosystems. Since at the time all my email, contacts, calendars, and photos lived in Google... the switching back and forth was pretty seamless.
Yeah, if I were a "switcher", I'd probably let all of the data sit over on the Google side as well. Seems easier...

Reactions: MrENGLISH

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Been in IUP for my 3rd upgrade now to the 15PM. I did the same thing, promising my 14PM to my daughter. Everything I've read to this point says to me (at least), no, I cannot keep my 14PM. IUP seems to really force the trade in.

What I did: ATT offered $830 in credits over 36 months for her old iPhone 12. So I upgraded her on ATT to a 15P with 256GB (cause you want the Pro-Res Recording) and I wanted it to last her the 3 years of the upgrade contract. This is only adding about $8/month to our cellular bill. I think Verizon had similar credit offers for device trade-ins.

To compare, Apple would have given about $250 maybe on Trade-in of the 12. so real resale value was dismal. And, the credit with ATT was about the exact same as what I owed - 50% of my 14PM's remaining balance.

You may be lucky to keep it since this is your first step into IUP and you're not really upgrading an IUP phone...but you may or should pay off your 14PM then. Hope it works out for you - but come next year, you may have to really turn in your 15PM. Good Luck!
I have been on iUP since it started and I have kept my previous phones. If you don’t return it, the citizen loan just resumes or you can pay it off at any point. You can absolutely keep your phone.

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
Couple days ago finally decided on a color and ordered the black 256gb pro max. I’ve consistently gone with the white iPhones in the past but really like how the black looks this time. Expected delivery October 6. Verizon gave me $830 trade in credit for my iPhone 12 Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: julit0 and iLOLWUT

BasedReborn

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
I have been on iUP since it started and I have kept my previous phones. If you don’t return it, the citizen loan just resumes or you can pay it off at any point. You can absolutely keep your phone.
So one could pay the phone off in 2 years, keep it and then start a new iup loan?

Reactions: ad5ll
Good morning! Happy Tuesday!

It is September 19, 2023, at 5:25 AM PDT.

I’m pleased to announce that 9/16 - Wave 1 and 9/17 (some members of Wave 2) are on their way to Louisville, Kentucky. They are expected to arrive soon. Please expect, the “Arrival to Facility” scan to hit. After this, there will be NO MORE ACTIVITY UNTIL THURSDAY.

9/17 Wave 2B Some of you were left behind because the 🛃 customs clearance was not fully completed today is your day to travel expect lots of activity. You guys will be up in the air most of the day! Track UPS 173. Link: https://www.flightradar24.com/UPS173/3217454d

The embargo for the iPhone 15 lineup is expected to go live today at 6 AM PDT.

Today is probably going to be a long day for me. I have to go to a stupid last-minute in-person conference. I will try to see if I can catch up with this thread while I'm there but chances seem unlikely. It's only 5 hours long and I hope it gets wrapped up sooner than expected. I don't want to come back catching up with 40 pages. My worst fear!

I hope everyone is going to have a wonderful day! Take care and help each other out. We have lots of amazing people here in this thread who are very helpful.

For today's Photo of the Day. This shot was taken with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on February 19, 2023, at 6:20 PM. It felt like I was dreaming! Lost and away from this world. Away from the problems and worries. Cannon Beach, Oregon. 🌲

1695127258026.jpeg

Last edited:

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Thank you! I think it’s been fixed. Last night was a struggle here. It took well over 3 mins to figure Eveyrhing out. It gave all of us a headache. 🤕
“I’ve always been confused
By the yin and the yang.
It comes out in the wash
But it always leaves a stain. “

John Hammond Jr

Last edited:

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
lol "waves"...

it doesnt matter if those still in "zz" are departed or not. doesnt matter if you are in "wave 1 or 2".. if you got in to get your phone delivered by this friday, then they all will be held up at the hub until the approval from almighty apple to begin shipping to the end user.

who cares if your phone shows in up in KY today or wednesday. they all will start shipping out at roughly the same time anyway. its the "hurry up and wait" syndrome...

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
So one could pay the phone off in 2 years, keep it and then start a new iup loan?
Yes, you also don’t have to wait the 2 years to pay it off. You can pay it off in full at any time. You could also start up a second/new iUP at any point seperate of your current phone.

I have two separate iUP plans, one for mine and one for my wife’s. Both under my name. Previously I have sold older iUP phones and just paid the loans off, even after using the upgrade on the phone and saying I was going to return it. When the return kits come in I just threw them away. As long as the long gets paid off or continues to get paid, they don’t care

Reactions: BasedReborn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.