Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Where are the embargo for iPhone 15's? It's past 6AM in Pacific Standard Time.

1695128571168.png

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
iUp is the exact same thing as financing a new iPhone and trading the old one in every year w/ monthly AppleCare+.

I don’t think there are any other advantages or differences?
I'm only speaking for my ATT experience, but financing thru Cellular usually requires either 1) a contract for (usually) 3 years; or 2) an additional monthly charge for the "privilege" to upgrade after paying 50% of the phone off. In order to take advantage of any "deal credits" (like getting $830 for an iPhone 12), we have to keep the upgrade phone for 36 months because the credits only come monthly, not all at once.

IUP is a loan (and a contract) but not a 3-year commitment and you don't have to pay extra per month just to be able to upgrade after 50% of the phone is paid off. This, while also including AppleCare+.

TeNsTrKe15

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
I am thinking of getting a Tesla but the lack of car play has me considering other EVs too. Tesla has the best charging network by far of course.
Honestly had the same discussion with myself when debating my Tesla, but I gotta say, it’s really not as big of an adjustment as I thought because of how integrated your phone can be. Still get calls, text messages, and then navigation in my Tesla is great. The Bluetooth connection I find very very strong as well, so running my Apple Music is not a problem either. We did recently spend the $100 per year to get the premium connectivity which has an Apple Music app integrated, all we had to do was log into my Apple account and we were off to the races. I do miss CarPlay, but just from my personal perspective it’s okay it doesn’t have it.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Sigh. None of my vehicles is new enough to have CarPlay. 31 years and the “new” car from my dad is 15. I think the truck I sometimes drive came out one year before GM put CarPlay features in.
Well it became available from Mazda a couple years after I got mine in late 2015. So I had them put it in. I really use CarPlay a lot on long travel has been a lifesaver at least I have an adapter now for the new USB-c connection on my ne iPhone should be good now

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
I am thinking of getting a Tesla but the lack of car play has me considering other EVs too. Tesla has the best charging network by far of course.
We just got a Tesla recently and honestly, I don't miss car play as much as I thought. The navigation for Tesla works really great and the in-app Spotify is decent enough for me. However, I heard the Apple music app isn't the best but I haven't used it yet to confirm.

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
The phones will sit in Louisville till Thursday correct? What’s the best way to figure out flights to our parts of the country? I’m in SW Florida so I think it will come into Tampa.

Just gotta keep an eye on your tracking and Flightaware. Most major metros have 3+ UPS flights arriving daily. Usually arrive early in the morning or evening. I suspect our phones will hit our hubs Thursday night.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
lol "waves"...

it doesnt matter if those still in "zz" are departed or not. doesnt matter if you are in "wave 1 or 2".. if you got in to get your phone delivered by this friday, then they all will be held up at the hub until the approval from almighty apple to begin shipping to the end user.

who cares if your phone shows in up in KY today or wednesday. they all will start shipping out at roughly the same time anyway. its the "hurry up and wait" syndrome...
Did you get enough attention from this comment yet?

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfs and alexcue

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Wow -- so they're going to move the pallets from UPS173 (Boeing 767) to UPS99 (Boeing 747) in Seoul. They're really working hard to get this last batch over!
This doesn't really surprise me - that they jump through some hoops to get this done - every phone that misses its overall schedule is a delivery exception, increased customer support load, potential staff scheduling issues because the peak package traffic is shifting... what a mess! They might not move heaven and earth for a single package, but for a plane with 200,000 parcels from a single shipper? Oh, yeah.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
For those who have ordered regular iPhone 15 & iPhone 15 Plus. If you have not been assigned a tracking number yet. 95% sure your iPhone is already in the U.S. and it is going to be shipped overnight to you via UPS distribution centers located in California and PA. Thursday is a big day for you! Stay on the look out.
What about those of us who have ordered an iPhone 15 Pro Max who don't have a UPS tracking number yet? Mine has not yet been assigned and isn't showing up in the UPS system at all. But my mom's is. Although she hasn't been assigned a tracking number yet. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.