Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Well it became available from Mazda a couple years after I got mine in late 2015. So I had them put it in. I really use CarPlay a lot on long travel has been a lifesaver at least I have an adapter now for the new USB-c connection on my ne iPhone should be good now
When I had my 2015 Mazda 3 I bought the CarPlay kit and installed it myself. Took about two or three hours. Had sore glutes for a couple of days but it was totally worth it.

Of course, my 2021 Mazda 3 (my 2015 got totaled) came with CarPlay.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Just jumping on here super quick before work to post that I have the arrival post in Anchorage at 11:31 PM and Departure post at 12:55 AM. :) Louisville, here we come. :) Talk to everyone later today.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
UPS 173 has landed!

expect an Arrival Scan soon!
IMG_1610.jpeg

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I don’t think this is the last batch.

my husband’s iPhone is still in ZZ. with some Wave 2B folks. There could be delayed in scans. Time will tell!

Agreed. Multiple flights would always be needed, not all the 9/22 phones could make it out of CGO at the same time on the same flight. When Apple tells UPS, "we have 1,127,340 phones to ship with a 9/22 delivery date!" UPS says, "great - that'll take 6 flights, and here's when they'll be!"

Reactions: a83859372

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
The phones will sit in Louisville till Thursday correct? What’s the best way to figure out flights to our parts of the country? I’m in SW Florida so I think it will come into Tampa.

Depends on how far they need to travel and flight plans, but generally yes. Everyone will split based on the schedule of their regional and local distribution centers. I think it was last year, but someone moved Friday morning and still received their package in Puerto Rico later that same evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: goneeuro02

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
When I had my 2015 Mazda 3 I bought the CarPlay kit and installed it myself. Took about two or three hours. Had sore glutes for a couple of days but it was totally worth it.

Of course, my 2021 Mazda 3 (my 2015 got totaled) came with CarPlay.
My 2019 MX-5 had CarPlay available as a dealer upgrade, so I negotiated it as part of the deal. It would have been a tough decision to buy the car if I had to rely on the built-in infotainment software even though the Miata is all about the driving experience.

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
This doesn't really surprise me - that they jump through some hoops to get this done - every phone that misses its overall schedule is a delivery exception, increased customer support load, potential staff scheduling issues because the peak package traffic is shifting... what a mess! They might not move heaven and earth for a single package, but for a plane with 200,000 parcels from a single shipper? Oh, yeah.

I work in manufacturing, and the purchasing and sourcing teams report up through me. The logistics behind this are absolutely incredible to me.

Stratus Fear

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm hoping we can put the CC hold once the phones are import scanned in Kentucky and about when Apple sends the "Shipped" e-mail and status updates change on Apple's order status page. That's traditionally when I was able to do that with a paid MyChoice membership.

However, more than a few have posted about talking with both Apple and UPS agents and are saying that Apple has put restrictions on UPS to only allow those two options of alternate address or different day. We'll have to see and keep trying I imagine, but I'm gonna at least wait until those arrival/import scans clear at UPS in KY.
IIRC agents said that last year too, and it still opened up after import scan. People should just stop bothering the call centers, they don't have useful information for the most part and aren't helpful.

What about those of us who have ordered an iPhone 15 Pro Max who don't have a UPS tracking number yet? Mine has not yet been assigned and isn't showing up in the UPS system at all. But my mom's is. Although she hasn't been assigned a tracking number yet. :(
Is this a USA order? Where is the iPhone 15 Pro Max going? Everything should have their tracking number by now. What does Apple order page says? Does it say processing or preparing to ship?

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I have been on iUP since it started and I have kept my previous phones. If you don’t return it, the citizen loan just resumes or you can pay it off at any point. You can absolutely keep your phone.
The downside is higher monthly payment on iUP without the trade-in credit.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Still no updates on my Wave 2b phone from Aftership or MyChoice. Shows sitting in ZZ. Still shows 9/22 delivery.

Reactions: caoimhe

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Is this a USA order? Where is the iPhone 15 Pro Max going? Everything should have their tracking number by now. What does Apple order page says? Does it say processing or preparing to ship?
Yep. USA Order. Westminster, California. Apple Order says Preparing to Ship for both of us.

I have: received my citizens one iphone loan approval, but don't have UPS population of anything yet, and my card has been charged by Apple for the phone (the amount due).
Mom has: received no citizens one iphone loan approval, UPS has her iPhone in the system, but no tracking number yet. And her card has been charged by Apple for the phone (the amount due).

Both of us have arrival dates of 9/22.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.