Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

priultimus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
lol "waves"...

it doesnt matter if those still in "zz" are departed or not. doesnt matter if you are in "wave 1 or 2".. if you got in to get your phone delivered by this friday, then they all will be held up at the hub until the approval from almighty apple to begin shipping to the end user.

who cares if your phone shows in up in KY today or wednesday. they all will start shipping out at roughly the same time anyway. its the "hurry up and wait" syndrome...
buzzkill

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
I am still unable to get tracking info from UPS using the Apple order or the number. The Apple Store is still showing delivery of 9/22. This is an iPhone 15(Blue, 256). Anyone else in the same boat?

Matt713

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2023
lol "waves"...

it doesnt matter if those still in "zz" are departed or not. doesnt matter if you are in "wave 1 or 2".. if you got in to get your phone delivered by this friday, then they all will be held up at the hub until the approval from almighty apple to begin shipping to the end user.

who cares if your phone shows in up in KY today or wednesday. they all will start shipping out at roughly the same time anyway. its the "hurry up and wait" syndrome...
You aren’t any fun.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
WAVE 2B Report! Landing in 24 minutes!

(FYI… FlightRadar is giving a free 14-day trial on their Gold package. Removes the ads.)

IMG_2770.jpeg

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Good morning! Happy Tuesday!

It is September 19, 2023, at 5:25 AM PDT.

I’m pleased to announce that 9/16 - Wave 1 and 9/17 (some members of Wave 2) are on their way to Louisville, Kentucky. They are expected to arrive soon. Please expect, the “Arrival to Facility” scan to hit. After this, there will be NO MORE ACTIVITY UNTIL THURSDAY.

9/17 Wave 2B Some of you were left behind because the 🛃 customs clearance was not fully completed today is your day to travel expect lots of activity. You guys will be up in the air most of the day! Track UPS 173. Link: https://www.flightradar24.com/UPS173/3217454d

The embargo for the iPhone 15 lineup is expected to go live today at 6 AM PDT.

Today is probably going to be a long day for me. I have to go to a stupid last-minute in-person conference. I will try to see if I can catch up with this thread while I'm there but chances seem unlikely. It's only 5 hours long and I hope it gets wrapped up sooner than expected. I don't want to come back catching up with 40 pages. My worst fear!

I hope everyone is going to have a wonderful day! Take care and help each other out. We have lots of amazing people here in this thread who are very helpful.

For today's Photo of the Day. This shot was taken with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on February 19, 2023, at 6:20 PM. It felt like I was dreaming! Lost and away from this world. Away from the problems and worries. Cannon Beach, Oregon. 🌲

View attachment 2268910
That photo is stunning. So moody. I love it.

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
lol "waves"...

Okay thanks.

Woodstockie

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2015
NY
Hmm, after I placed the order Friday morning 8:05AM, at the moment Apple Store app says order is still in progress with September 22 delivery, but didn't get a shipping notification or tracking number yet. Needs to go east coast USA. Doubt I will receive it on Friday at this point.

Reactions: HeyMazza

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
lol "waves"...

Aahhh, there you are. You’re a little late this year. One of you usually shows up earlier in this thread. Gotta keep up!

nikster21

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Napa Valley
I am still unable to get tracking info from UPS using the Apple order or the number. The Apple Store is still showing delivery of 9/22. This is an iPhone 15(Blue, 256). Anyone else in the same boat?
Last night I was finally able to just see the last 4 of the tracking number using my phone number or the Apple order number. But no real tracking number or tracking. This morning on the UPS My Choice, my order is finally showing up as the Apple order number, but still no tracking info…

Baby steps….

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

DarkHorsed

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Elm Springs, AR
Been in IUP for my 3rd upgrade now to the 15PM. I did the same thing, promising my 14PM to my daughter. Everything I've read to this point says to me (at least), no, I cannot keep my 14PM. IUP seems to really force the trade in.

What I did: ATT offered $830 in credits over 36 months for her old iPhone 12. So I upgraded her on ATT to a 15P with 256GB (cause you want the Pro-Res Recording) and I wanted it to last her the 3 years of the upgrade contract. This is only adding about $8/month to our cellular bill. I think Verizon had similar credit offers for device trade-ins.

To compare, Apple would have given about $250 maybe on Trade-in of the 12. so real resale value was dismal. And, the credit with ATT was about the exact same as what I owed - 50% of my 14PM's remaining balance.

You may be lucky to keep it since this is your first step into IUP and you're not really upgrading an IUP phone...but you may or should pay off your 14PM then. Hope it works out for you - but come next year, you may have to really turn in your 15PM. Good Luck!
Yes, I plan to pay off my 14PM, and either trade or keep the 15PM depending on what the 16 lineup has in store.

Reactions: ATX_wapiti

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA

I’m pleased to announce that 9/16 - Wave 1 and 9/17 (some members of Wave 2) are on their way to Louisville, Kentucky. They are expected to arrive soon. Please expect, the “Arrival to Facility” scan to hit. After this, there will be NO MORE ACTIVITY UNTIL THURSDAY.

9/17 Wave 2B Some of you were left behind because the 🛃 customs clearance was not fully completed today is your day to travel expect lots of activity. You guys will be up in the air most of the day! Track UPS 173. Link: https://www.flightradar24.com/UPS173/3217454d

Today is probably going to be a long day for me. I have to go to a stupid last-minute in-person conference. I will try to see if I can catch up with this thread while I'm there but chances seem unlikely. It's only 5 hours long and I hope it gets wrapped up sooner than expected. I don't want to come back catching up with 40 pages. My worst fear!

I hope everyone is going to have a wonderful day! Take care and help each other out. We have lots of amazing people here in this thread who are very helpful.

For today's Photo of the Day. This shot was taken with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on February 19, 2023, at 6:20 PM. It felt like I was dreaming! Lost and away from this world. Away from the problems and worries. Cannon Beach, Oregon. 🌲

View attachment 2268910
You're pictures are always so stunning. I look forward to seeing them.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

View attachment 2268910

One of my co-workers owns two houses there. She’s been recommending the area to visit. I’ve been to Portland, but didnt get to see the Oregon coast. She says it’s a hidden jewel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.