Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
So is it a bad sign an order for a 256 15 Pro Max has not yet shipped? Ordered went through ta 8:23 AM. I see so many are here in the states already and mine has yet to actually ship. Getting nervous.

jhowieii

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
North Carolina
Still sitting in China

Attachments

• 7pfsej.jpg
    7pfsej.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 43
  • UPS.jpg
    UPS.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 42

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Yes I agree @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø but some years when arrival was real late on Thursday to Louisville there was a struggle to get all phones to their local destination on opening day. Generally they did it but was close and a few encountered problems with delivery on opening day because of when it arrived at their local hubs. I know even going Thursday we are all good just curious if there are exceptions and phones leave say Wednesday ? Just things to wonder and speculate on while we wait for our new ā€œpreciousā€œ
I recall with MacBook Pros last year, they used the early arrival in Louisville to move shipments to regional centers via truck vs via flights. I'm sure it was significantly less expensive too. For me, usually flights will go from Louisville to Charlotte before going to my local sort facility. But if going by truck, they'll go from Louisville (with a stop somewhere along route) to Greensboro, NC, and then to my local sort facility. Sure will be fun to watch!

Reactions: Wolfs

dorkimoe

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2019
Friendly reminder that i will post every year

Do not hassle the UPS people, dont call them, dont use the online chat. You will get the phone Friday, dont worry if it says its in alaska on friday, if your delivery date is the 22nd thats when it will show up. They cant do anything about your shipment except deliver it when they have it

Kingzope

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Pittsburgh
So is it a bad sign an order for a 256 15 Pro Max has not yet shipped? Ordered went through ta 8:23 AM. I see so many are here in the states already and mine has yet to actually ship. Getting nervous.
I don't think so. I'm in the same boat as you and I expect we won't get a shipping notice until probably late next week.

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
Cool tip: I bet the case scratches it as well. As many people saying they are running them naked...I guess well see.
One of the reasons I've avoided going with the silver stainless the last few years. I know you can buff them out, but the micro scratches always bugged me.

Reactions: Wolfs

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Yes got one for my USB-3 CarPlay connection in my mazda 6 ">@TheYayAreaLiving

Hey! A fellow Mazda owner! As Iā€™m sure you know, if you did the OEM CarPlay retrofit, it consists of the USB hub and a few extra wires and the software update. Iā€™ve found a few products online that take the USB hub and add wireless CarPlay to it! I installed one of those hubs in my 2017 Mazda 3, it is so nice! Let me know if youā€™re interested in the link! If you already have CarPlay, itā€™s a manner of replacing the hub, which is easy.

Reactions: rjjacobson

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I don't think so. I'm in the same boat as you and I expect we won't get a shipping notice until probably late next week.
Except I was expecting to deliver this Friday. Figured ordering 23 minutes in should satisfy launch day delivery. Especially considering the issues the website had getting the order in.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Friendly reminder that i will post every year

Do not hassle the UPS people, dont call them, dont use the online chat. You will get the phone Friday, dont worry if it says its in alaska on friday, if your delivery date is the 22nd thats when it will show up. They cant do anything about your shipment except deliver it when they have it
1000% this. It is fun and harmless to track but a load on the folks at UPS and a load on your own mental health to stress about it.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL

Update For Those Stuck In China - Wave 3?

Just by some quick research, I think this is your way out of Zhengzhou. Please keep in mind that this is just speculation and might not happen. This is all based on patterns and scheduled flights. All times will be local and not converted to your time zone. You'll have to do that on your own.

9/20 | UPS174 | CGO-ICN | Departure: 5:00PM CST | Arrival: 7:45PM KST
9/20 | UPS99 | ICN-ANC | Departure: 10:00PM KST | Arrival: 12:15PM AKDT

There are then several flights that depart Anchorage for Louisville between 2-3PM AKDT. Those will get into Louisville on 9/21 (Thursday) between 12-2AM EDT. That will give plenty of time for those arrivals to clear the import scan and be ready for the sort on Thursday night.

Here is the translated and short read version for Central Time Zone. Your products should leave China at 4AM CDT Wednesday morning. They will arrive in Louisville around 1AM CDT on Thursday morning.

I hope this gives some hope for those still stuck in China. As others have said, you will get your phone on 9/22.
Wave 3 aka Wave 2C. Thank you for the update.

Wave 2B is currently in Seoul waiting to depart for ANC.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Iā€™ve been doing this for Samsung and Pixel phones, too, for a few years. Iā€™m usually hanging out with the Android crowd on this forum.

But Iā€™m retiring from Samsung on the S23 Ultra for the next couple of years, itā€™s a great phone. Iā€™m not sure about Pixels yet. Iā€™m happy with a 7a I got for way under $300. Itā€™s likely the 15 Pro Max will be my only major phone purchase for the next 12 months.

Iā€™m trying to get my health back so I can do other things besides play with phones. Before I got seriously bogged down in caring for elderly family members and occasionally a sibling in law for the last few years, and then got overtaken by health problems of my own (probably caused by stress) I used to love doing landscaping work and hiking and volunteer work and sculpting and had other hobbies and interests.

But eventually it evolved that all I had time or energy to do was obsess over these gadgets. The rest of my time was racing between hospitals with elders and kidā€™s extracurriculars. I gave up everything else except volunteering.

I do still have a widowed father-in-law and mom to look after. And the family home to clean out and sell. But Iā€™m pulling back on spending on phones and planning the next phase of my life that I hope I can focus a bit on myself finally. My husband and I have been taking care of other people for decades and we are exhausted.

Itā€™s awesome to see you here and so active in this thread, [mention]GrumpyMom [/mention] !!! Love to see you here and I hope the 15 Pro Max you have coming will not affect your health and youā€™ll be able to enjoy it to the fullest. Thanks for many great discussions over Samsung phones and Pixels over the years!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.