Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
None of are speaking as representatives of UPS. Itā€™s not fair to expect @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø to ā€œprovide updates on this.ā€ Itā€™s more about each of us trying on our own to find a solution and contributing to the whole. Weā€™re human. This is an educated guessing game and we make mistakes and errant forecasts sometimes.
Oh , Iā€™m not expecting anyone to serve as representatives for any company. Iā€™m sorry if thatā€™s the way that came off. Iā€™ve been wrong on many occasions but as many others stated , we have talked to UPS/Apple CS lines and they both stated policies have changed. Thereā€™s plenty of folks that will be affected by this so looping the community in is important versus being told that someone is jumping the gun for information they received straight from the sources . Thank you šŸ˜Š

Jonbinary

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Just got a rescheduled delivery for tomorrow. I know it's unlikely but I wouldn't mind if it happened haha

Edit - this is my wife's phone that is currently in S. Korea

Attachments

• IMG_EF1D0066AA36-1.jpeg
    IMG_EF1D0066AA36-1.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 33

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I use the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. Itā€™s thin and very clear and allows me to still enjoy the aesthetics of the iPhone.
Oh that IS pretty thin, not quit Peel / Totalee hard clear case thin but nice and thin. And soft. I wonder how it compares to the soft clear cases from Peel or Totalee.

Reactions: Wolfs

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Guys, I have a confession to make...

So, yeah, I have a launch day delivery, which means launch day model + first wave model (in terms of manufacturing)... But there's one teeny tiny catch...

I won't get my hands on it until October 6th. So, exactly 2 weeks after it's delivered.

For the record, I knew about this before the event even happened...

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
These have to be sitting in a warehouse in the US already.
First 748 with pallets/containers of them just arrived in Louisville, KY this AM. The supply chain on these (and most new AAPL stuff) is direct distribution from FOXCONN (or other manufacturer) straight from China (literally, it is boxed and labeled for end consumer right there/then and even pre-sorted as much as reasonable for quick routing once it clears customs in whatever FTZ the carrier is using).

Very few things outside of accessories or older SKUs with much less/more sporadic demand sit in US warehouses...it's just not cost effective with how expensive, even in the middle of nowhere, US warehouse space, staffing, and the like is (not saying that is good or bad, have zero interest in getting into that inevitably political discussion), it's cheaper to use UPS' logistics offerings with offer way more a just in time model than have to bulk import items, then have US labor do the 3PL work state side, because it's not just more expensive, it's double handling something when you don't need to when the end of the production line can quite literally feed the logistics operation.

That is part of the reasoning behind pre-orders, because the first waves don't have to go through double handling.

When you have the demand to be at-or-near production output (or behind it in this case), it would be leaving money on the table to do anything else.

Wave 1 & Wave 2 of pre orders are the only thing in the states now, and they don't even appear to have cleared customs, yet, still sitting in the KSDF FTZ.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

So, yeah, I have a launch day delivery, which means launch day model + first wave model (in terms of manufacturing)... But there's one teeny tiny catch...

I won't get my hands on it until October 6th. So, exactly 2 weeks after it's delivered.

Why is that if I may ask @IceCool Just curious?

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
It's very possible they delayed that flight to get your products on from the other flight from CGO.
So, I've had to work all morning & am just getting to the thread & was already 40 pages behind so I've skipped a bunch. I see that some Wave 2B have left China. I take it we now have a subset of us who are Wave 2C? I'm still sitting in China as of right now.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
First 748 with pallets/containers of them just arrived in Louisville, KY this AM. The supply chain on these (and most new AAPL stuff) is direct distribution from FOXCONN (or other manufacturer) straight from China (literally, it is boxed and labeled for end consumer right there/then and even pre-sorted as much as reasonable for quick routing once it clears customs in whatever FTZ the carrier is using).

Very few things outside of accessories or older SKUs with much less/more sporadic demand sit in US warehouses...it's just not cost effective with how expensive, even in the middle of nowhere, US warehouse space, staffing, and the like is (not saying that is good or bad, have zero interest in getting into that inevitably political discussion), it's cheaper to use UPS' logistics offerings with offer way more a just in time model than have to bulk import items, then have US labor do the 3PL work state side, because it's not just more expensive, it's double handling something when you don't need to when the end of the production line can quite literally feed the logistics operation.

That is part of the reasoning behind pre-orders, because the first waves don't have to go through double handling.

When you have the demand to be at-or-near production output (or behind it in this case), it would be leaving money on the table to do anything else.

Wave 1 & Wave 2 of pre orders are the only thing in the states now, and they don't even appear to have cleared customs, yet, still sitting in the KSDF FTZ.
A few years ago I was in Utah a few days before launch day delivery but the phone was being shipped to Maryland, where I live.

The phone was in Louisville (Thursday) and I called Apple to see if I could get it redirected to where I was in Utah. The nice lady said she'd see what she could do.

A few minutes later I got a delivery exception notice from Louisville. I got a little worried at this, but my phone arrived to me in Utah the next day (launch day).

I thought that was pretty awesome.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

Doesnā€™t matter. You will always and forever be Mr :01 to us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.