Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

cybermistt

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 8.49.36 PM.png

The new watch band colors look too good. Tired of the band that came with my apple watch too so good timing. Been an apple watch user since July and I absolutely love it.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I have changed my mind. I think I will be joining you all and upgrading this year. However, I for sure won't be upgrading for the next two years. So if I pop up next year trying to upgrade, someone here virtually slap some sense into me. I noticed that my local Apple store still has some models of the Pro Max that will be available for pickup on launch day. I am hesitant to pre-order as I don't quite on the whole amount charged to my credit card just yet. But I am hoping I can just reserve launch day and bring my 14 pro max in to trade instantly.

Freaking Apple got me again!!!

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
@rixa001 What's the first thing you are going to do when you are going to receive your new iPhone?

What are you excited about the most?
1. Explain what I got to my wife (haha).
2. Already did a backup of the 12Pro onto the iMac. I'm crossing fingers that an app that's no longer in the App Store will work on the 15PM.
3. Because I use my current phone for 'work at home/Voip' matters, I have to double check that the settings/security are fine.

As much as I love my 12Pro, I missed the bigger screen. I understand it was 2020 and there were supply-chain manufacturing matters because of COVID (remember, that phone came out in late October). But going from an XSMax to a 12Pro felt like a regression, even though I was insanely jealous of the 11Pro's low light cameras...which was why I went with it. I'm looking forward to the 3 years of improvements (high refresh rate, dynamic island, always-on display and better cameras). For me, it's going back to a 6.7 screen and 'better' battery life.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have changed my mind. I think I will be joining you all and upgrading this year. However, I for sure won't be upgrading for the next two years. So if I pop up next year trying to upgrade, someone here virtually slap some sense into me. I noticed that my local Apple store still has some models of the Pro Max that will be available for pickup on launch day. I am hesitant to pre-order as I don't quite on the whole amount charged to my credit card just yet. But I am hoping I can just reserve launch day and bring my 14 pro max in to trade instantly.

Freaking Apple got me again!!!
SMH!

I warned you 2-3 weeks ago to order the new iPhone before Pre-Orders went live and here you are... Welcome!!!

Which iPhone are you going after?

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
SMH!

I warned you 2-3 weeks ago to order the new iPhone before Pre-Orders went live and here you are... Welcome!!!

Which iPhone are you going after?

15 pro max 256 (blue titanium). Even if I have to wait until October, I will be alright. But I am hoping I can snag one Friday via walk-in. The reviews is what turned the tide for me.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
View attachment 2270086

The new watch band colors look too good. Tired of the band that came with my apple watch too so good timing. Been an apple watch user since July and I absolutely love it.
I like the new bands. I have a green S7 and am tempted to upgrade to the new cypress sport loop. Most of the time I use the green leather link so I don't think it's really worth it, but I do like the way the updated bands look now that they aren't the two-tone or speckled colors of the last few years.

OVOElias

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
Miami, FL
Ok guys... ship date is November for mine. Any chance I get it by the end of the month? :) I remember that has happened to me before!

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I'm going to join you and use a 5W adapter to charge my phone... but I won't do that crazyness you did with the dongle lol. Just simply getting a USB-A to USB-C cable from Anker. I'm a little traumatized with my 14PM battery health being down to 90% already...... I charge overnight anyway so don't need fast charging. I do have some 30W usb c chargers laying around though for moments when I'm in a pinch.
I'm at 93% health. What is an acceptable rate of decline after a year?

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
I know you're a night owl, so check this flight. Should give a track in about an hour. This should be the inbound flight for those still waiting in China. I'm headed off to bed soon. I'll make a quick brief though.
Wonderful! I've also updated my post and included the links. I'll keep an eye out. Thank you so much!

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I have a launch day 13 Pro and my battery health is 90% and I have charged it via MagSafe every night since I got it. I use optimized battery charging. I have confidence in charging the 15 Pro the same way, never had any issues with optimized charging.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.