Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Ahh! Yes! I will always remember the iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max. It will always remind me of COVID-19. During that time, everything was on shut down and the whole world was so scared. I remember Apple delaying the iPhone until late October. It was a struggle to wait that long.

As far as upgrading your iPhone goes. I think you are going to be the happiest person in here. Massive upgrades coming for you. Dynamic Island, 120Hz Display, Periscope Camera, Amazing battery life, and more importantly the bigger screen will be a total game changer. You get to experience it all. You made the right call upgrading to an iPhone Pro Max.

I hope you will return back and upgrade to an iPhone 16 Ultra next year and not going to make me wait another 3 years for your return. 🥺🥺
I'll do my best, but I don't upgrade every year like everyone else.

But I cross fingers that you'll get the invite to be at Apple headquarters next year to witness the keynote and be amongst all the reviewers. You deserve that honor for all you do here. 🍎❤️

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I’m at 89% with my 14Pro. I use optimized charging, but with lightning cable. Every day I need to charge by late afternoon (even in low power mode) because I am in single digits, and I am not scrolling on the phone all day 51 weeks out of the year. Today I have already had to charge twice, and I am currently at 42%. Low Power Mode has been enabled all day. Hoping I have a much better battery in my 15Pro Blue Beauty, because Deep Purple has sucked.
I mean in that case sounds like you might be better off with a 15 Pro Max. From WSJ: "As far as battery life goes, none of the iPhone 15 models I tried lasted significantly longer than their predecessors. Yet one of the main reasons I am getting the 15 Pro Max this year is that it’s lasted at least two to three hours longer than the 15 Pro."

Reactions: Wolfs

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Wow! My iPhone 14 Pro Max is sitting at 89% 😭

View attachment 2270148
Are you sure 5W is the right choice? 🤪

My 14PM is at 94% with optimization enabled and MagSafe charging at bedtime. My usage by bedtime is typically around 50% which is when I have low power mode automatically kick in. Very rarely due I charge via the lightning port.

hinrgmike

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2003
North Richland Hills, TX
I'm going to join you and use a 5W adapter to charge my phone... but I won't do that crazyness you did with the dongle lol. Just simply getting a USB-A to USB-C cable from Anker. I'm a little traumatized with my 14PM battery health being down to 90% already...... I charge overnight anyway so don't need fast charging. I do have some 30W usb c chargers laying around though for moments when I'm in a pinch.
My 14PM is also sitting at 90% capacity now. That's about where I am every year at upgrade time. Charge daily to 100% and end day between 5% to 18%. Usually do a fast charge with 30W charger but when traveling just rely on Anker battery pack for daily charge ups.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I’m at 89% with my 14Pro. I use optimized charging, but with lightning cable. Every day I need to charge by late afternoon (even in low power mode) because I am in single digits, and I am not scrolling on the phone all day 51 weeks out of the year. Today I have already had to charge twice, and I am currently at 42%. Low Power Mode has been enabled all day. Hoping I have a much better battery in my 15Pro Blue Beauty, because Deep Purple has sucked.
What would you do with old 14 Pro? Deciding if i should eventually trade in 14PM with 89% battery(451 cycles).

Reactions: Wolfs

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
It's been my go to for months..you won't be disappointed

te64tXA.jpg
Thanks for confirming my decision. Will be ordering one too.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Only one way to fix this. Invest in Apple Polishing Cloth. But you guys are laughing at me. Fine… I have a confession to make. Some of y’all love iJustine in here. She approves it too.

She said, a premium cloth.

Hopefully this is helpful. Also, tagging you @BreakingKayfabe @Bananasaurus both of you guys need to watch this video with carefully. Turn caption on too.
I am absolutely not watching this. Actually ... her 15 Pro Max review was quite entertaining. She went scuba diving with the phone with some crazy underwater kit. People give her a lot of crap, but I don't see any other YouTubers doing that during a review, lol.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Thanks! I hope you really mean that. No one in my life ever called me a homeless person until @Bananasaurus pointed that out. I got hit with that word twice too. The struggle was real last time. 😬😬
I didn't call YOU a homeless person. I was merely stating that your charging behavior mirrors that of what a homeless person might do.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I mean in that case sounds like you might be better off with a 15 Pro Max. From WSJ: "As far as battery life goes, none of the iPhone 15 models I tried lasted significantly longer than their predecessors. Yet one of the main reasons I am getting the 15 Pro Max this year is that it’s lasted at least two to three hours longer than the 15 Pro."
I would love that-but size and weight are just too much for me-wish I had long, hand-model fingers. This hasn’t been an issue on any of my previous phones so hoping this was just a fluke. If not , I may just have to go big or go home next time.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I would love that-but size and weight are just too much for me-wish I had long, hand-model fingers. This hasn’t been an issue on any of my previous phones so hoping this was just a fluke. If not , I may just have to go big or go home next time.
You don't need model-piano hands and fingers - you just need 2 hands to operate this double handed sword(light saber).:)

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
One of my friends is maybe 5'0" at best and uses a 14 Pro Max. I held it for a while and felt it was too heavy for me. But the 15 PM reviews this year suggest the weight of the PM is comparable to the old Pro, I guess because of lower density.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
You don't need model-piano hands and fingers - you just need 2 hands to operate this double handed sword(light saber).:)
I have tiny Smurf hands and I handle the Pro Max just fine.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Buy the new Apple FineWoven Glove with MagSafe. It will allow you to magnetically hold your Pro Max with just one hand and you can swipe or tap with the other.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
View attachment 2270138
My 12 Pro was at 90% after just 181 cycles, and less than a year after I got it. I was disturbed by the sudden fall and somehow managed to get Apple to replace the whole phone.
View attachment 2270139
My 13 Pro is at 86% after 2 years. (Using Apple's metrics and not CoconutBattery). I've had it shut down at 4% and refuse to turn back on, and also sometimes on the MagSafe charger the phone will crash and restart. But Apple wouldn't replace it.

Wow! My iPhone 14 Pro Max is sitting at 89% 😭

View attachment 2270148

My iPhone 13 is at 86% after 2 years
13 Pro

1695181355984.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.