Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
33,000 ft, 564 mph, somewhere over Canada. Landing SDF in 3 hours 56 minutes.

I should have paced myself. Too many cocktails in ANC. Need something down tempo. Listening to This Corrosion, 'cause it's something I'm not worried with Titanium, even ocean... Going lights out now.

This is a great version of this song. I hadn’t heard it before. I still think of goth hand washing during Covid every time I hear This Corrosion.

So glad you are getting close to joining us in Ky.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021

Flight Tracking Briefing - 10:15PM CDT

Wave 2B

For those who didn't make the first flight, but were in wave 2, you are currently enroute on UPS99 to SDF. You can
track that flight here. You should be arriving 3.5 hours and may get an arrival scan shortly after that.

For Those Still In China

I am expecting a flight to depart Seoul for Zhengzhou in about an hour. It will not populate until it is airborne. You can track that potential flight in an hour
here. I then expect that same aircraft to depart back for Seoul with your iPhones in about 6 hours from now as UPS173. You can track that potential flight here if you are up around then.

I'll hopefully have a positive update in the morning.

Andrew630

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
I asked Apple about my delay from 9/22 to 10/2 and they claim that Verizon has been the hold up. That’s what I get I suppose for the eSIM being automatically transferred. I miss the old days of just swapping the SIM cards :(

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs
1. Explain what I got to my wife (haha).
2. Already did a backup of the 12Pro onto the iMac. I'm crossing fingers that an app that's no longer in the App Store will work on the 15PM.
3. Because I use my current phone for 'work at home/Voip' matters, I have to double check that the settings/security are fine.

As much as I love my 12Pro, I missed the bigger screen. I understand it was 2020 and there were supply-chain manufacturing matters because of COVID (remember, that phone came out in late October). But coming from an XSMax to a 12Pro felt like a regression, even though I was insanely jealous of the 11Pro's low light cameras...which was why I went with it. I'm looking forward to the 3 years of improvements (high refresh rate, dynamic island and better cameras). For me, it's going back to a 6.7 screen and 'better' battery life.

Cheers!
Ahh! Yes! I will always remember the iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max. It will always remind me of COVID-19. During that time, everything was on shut down and the whole world was so scared. I remember Apple delaying the iPhone until late October. It was a struggle to wait that long.

As far as upgrading your iPhone goes. I think you are going to be the happiest person in here. Massive upgrades coming for you. Dynamic Island, 120Hz Display, Periscope Camera, Amazing battery life, and more importantly the bigger screen will be a total game changer. You get to experience it all. You made the right call upgrading to an iPhone Pro Max.

I hope you will return back and upgrade to an iPhone 16 Ultra next year and not going to make me wait another 3 years for your return. 🥺🥺

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
It's been my go to for months..you won't be disappointed

te64tXA.jpg
Same here. I got mine when they were first released right before they sold out for a while. It’s fantastic on my nightstand. I want that cool folding Anker cube multi charger for travel, though!!

33,000 ft, 564 mph, somewhere over Canada. Landing SDF in 3 hours 56 minutes.

I should have paced myself. Too many cocktails in ANC. Need something down tempo. Listening to This Corrosion, 'cause it's something I'm not worried with Titanium, even ocean... Going lights out now.

Nice song! We didn't get to travel together this year. I was part of Wave 1. Both iPhones :(

Reactions: svish

snakesayan

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Chicago
Apple will report preparing to ship until it’s on a plane from Louisville to your local UPS depot.

UPS tells you all the steps starting before they get the phone in China.

Edit added: that’s when checking ups my choice, you have to know the tracking number and that shows up before they get the phone if you are logged in to my choice.
Awesome! Thanks for all the help everyone! I feel better :)

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 11.16.26 PM.png

My 12 Pro was at 90% after just 181 cycles, and less than a year after I got it. I was disturbed by the sudden fall and somehow managed to get Apple to replace the whole phone.
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 11.16.35 PM.png

My 13 Pro is at 86% after 2 years. (Using Apple's metrics and not CoconutBattery). I've had it shut down at 4% and refuse to turn back on, and also sometimes on the MagSafe charger the phone will crash and restart. But Apple wouldn't replace it.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
View attachment 2270138
My 12 Pro was at 90% after just 181 cycles, and less than a year after I got it. I was disturbed by the sudden fall and somehow managed to get Apple to replace the whole phone.
View attachment 2270139
My 13 Pro is at 86% after 2 years. (Using Apple's metrics and not CoconutBattery). I've had it shut down at 4% and refuse to turn back on, and also sometimes on the MagSafe charger the phone will crash and restart. But Apple wouldn't replace it.
My 13 Pro is currently sitting at 89%. I'd say 86% is still good after 2 years.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
View attachment 2270138
View attachment 2270139
I’m at 89% with my 14Pro. I use optimized charging, but with lightning cable. Every day I need to charge by late afternoon (even in low power mode) because I am in single digits, and I am not scrolling on the phone all day 51 weeks out of the year. Today I have already had to charge twice, and I am currently at 42%. Low Power Mode has been enabled all day. Hoping I have a much better battery in my 15Pro Blue Beauty, because Deep Purple has sucked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.