Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I just finished celebrating my mother's 60th birthday. No idea where the tracking number is. Have you received your medieval charging kit yet?​
Happy Birthday to your Mom! Hope she enjoyed her birthday.
Praying for more happiness, blessings, and good heath for her.

795ac05f4cb6f8865c8c6228d9b20c86.gif

No, LOL! The medieval Charging Kit arrives tomorrow. I got a bunch of notifications today from UPS that they have shipped my charging cable and the dongle.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I am absolutely not watching this. Actually ... her 15 Pro Max review was quite entertaining. She went scuba diving with the phone with some crazy underwater kit. People give her a lot of crap, but I don't see any other YouTubers doing that during a review, lol.
I think she does that for attention. She did it last year with the iPhone 14 and a year before with the iPhone 13 as well. She's got connections with someone who's a scuba diving expert. Let's be real here. Who actually swims and goes under the water with their iPhone? Don't be fooled by her.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Hey guys congrats to everyone on their new devices !

I just wanted to ask is it normal for my iPhone 15 order to still be at origin scan without any further updates
i ordered from Verizon and got launch day shipping

it coming from Coatesville, pa to Palm Harbor, FL

Orders from Apple with a release day delivery are usually 99.9% accurate barring any natural disasters or something out of human control.

Orders from carriers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc and brick and mortar stores like Best Buy, even though a release day delivery or shipping may be quoted, the percentage usually drops down to about 90-95%…so it can vary.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I think she does that for attention. She did it last year with the iPhone 14 and a year before with the iPhone 13 as well. She's got connections with someone who's a scuba diving expert. Let's be real here. Who actually swims and goes under the water with their iPhone? Don't be fooled by her.
Well ... I never watch her videos and yet ... you claim to not like her ... and you know FAR more about her video history than I could ever hope to attain. So ...

giphy.gif

You mean next year when @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ shares with us her charging habits for her new iPhone 16 Ultra? She will probably have added another adapter by then.
That's true! Don't expect me to change my charging habits. I'm sticking with charging with the 5W Apple Watt Charging adapter. That also includes the iPhone 16 Ultra. Some things never change and this is one of those situation.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Orders from Apple with a release day delivery are usually 99.9% accurate barring any natural disasters or something out of human control.
Believe it or not that 0.1% has actually happened once before back in March of 2009. Back when Apple used FedEx.
This plane was carrying new Macs at the time and shortly after the crash happened, people in the forums were seeing a message in their tracking about an unforeseen event disruption. True story.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Actually, I think quite a few people dive with their phones. She also has money - she can afford scuba lessons to get her certification; she doesn't necessarily need connections. I found her scuba segment interesting and inoffensive.

Actually, I think quite a few people dive with their phones. She also has money - she can afford scuba lessons; she doesn't necessarily need connections. I found her scuba segment interesting and inoffensive.
Why would you want to take your iPhone to dive tho? AW or AW Ultra I get that but why the iPhone? It's a very interesting segment and inoffensive. Just weird how she does it every single year.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
☕️ MacRumors ☕️

0cbc7497426f887b1cd215c514e7a0e4.png

IMG_6964.jpeg

A little earlier than 2am but that’s my cue because if I say anything @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ will be throwing shade and sneak dissing me in the morning 🤣 jk

Are we expecting any more detailed reviews now that general reviews are out? Less than 72 hours left before we get acquainted with our devices!

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Man, you HATE her lmao

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I see what you are doing lol. Not going to fall for this tonight.
200.gif

Where did you take your mom for your birthday?
Took her to breakfast, gave her unnecessarily gigantic flowers and assorted candies and fluffy things, and then took her to dinner.

Also, WHERE IS YOUR TRACKING NUMBER?
I think it's in the same box that your 5 watt charging accessories are being delivered in.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Are you sure 5W is the right choice? 🤪

My 14PM is at 94% with optimization enabled and MagSafe charging at bedtime. My usage by bedtime is typically around 50% which is when I have low power mode automatically kick in. Very rarely due I charge via the lightning port.
My 14 pro max is at 96%. I only charge via MagSafe every night, don’t think I’ve ever plugged it in. I don’t do anything special to try to conserve. I do have optimized charging on.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
That's true! Don't expect me to change my charging habits. I'm sticking with charging with the 5W Apple Watt Charging adapter. That also includes the iPhone 16 Ultra. Some things never change and this is one of those situation.
So why do you update your phones every year but not your charging tech to evolve with it? What if those old 5W adapters are aging and going bad internally and improperly charging your fancy new phones - accelerating your battery degradation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.