Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a dumb question. It's my first phone update since the XS so I'm not too familiar with the tracking/shipping process.

Is it normal to still not have UPS tracking info for a phone that's supposed to be delivered on Friday (09/22)? I saw people were already getting their UPS tracking info around page 210ish.

It's a blue Pro Max going to Hawaii if that makes a difference. I got my preorder in about 25 minutes after preorders started.

I did the Track by Reference Number option and something came up, but I still don't have the detailed tracking info.

It still says "Preparing to ship" on the Apple site, but from what I gather reading the thread, that's normal.

I'm pretty sure that I'm signed up for UPS My Choice since other packages I've received from UPS have shown up in the app previously.

Thank you!
Absolutely normal. Apple doesnā€™t consider the package as shipped until it departs the sorting center in Louisville.

I know UPS isnā€™t consistent but my case went out for delivery at 9:12AM and delivered at 5:11PM so I hope they go out for delivery earlier, maybe I receive it earlier as well but who knows
My fingers will be crossed for you on Friday. I think everything is going to be ok and you will get it soon than expected.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Well... I went out to Best Buy to see if they really have the USB-C AirPods Pro for $200. And they do. And then some poking around informed me that they'll give me $40 in trade in for my gen-1 AirPods Pro. (Apple gives exactly zero.) Which brings the price down to $160.

Somehow a pair mysteriously fell into my cart and I felt compelled to complete the order.

I guess I joined the trifecta club. I may have to wait until Saturday to pick them up, depending on what time my phone and watch are delivered.

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
b558282fdc2a6a7e1a3cb279891e8548.jpg

UPS is busy tonight

b558282fdc2a6a7e1a3cb279891e8548.jpg

UPS is busy tonight
Yes sir! They're going to be very busy on Thursday. Pure Madness to come šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

This was the year activity during iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max Pre-Orders.

1694456078574.png

UPS Aircraft's can be seen departing from Louisville Kentucky to all over the United States - Thursday, September 15th, 2022 at 04:11 PM (PDT).​

Courtesy: @Brad7

Last edited:

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
" data-source="post: 32513387" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Yes sir! They're going to be very busy on Thursday. Pure Madness to come

This was the activity of Las Vegas.

1694456078574.png

UPS Aircraft's can be seen departing from Louisville Kentucky to all over the United States - Thursday, September 15th, 2022 at 04:11 PM (PDT).​

Courtesy: @Brad7

Iā€™m following two planes leaving Louisville into Houston early this morning. I doubt theyā€™ll start shipping out the phones to local distribution centers this early but you never know. Theyā€™re a couple old MD11s and A300 planes

Iā€™m following two planes leaving Louisville into Houston early this morning. I doubt theyā€™ll start shipping out the phones to local distribution centers this early but you never know
They won't. You have to wait until Thursday for the, "Import Scan" to kick in. After that it gets assigned to a routed final destination flight. Your flight will populate on Thursday and depending on the time of the flight that's when your plane will be en-route to your house.

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
" data-source="post: 32513396" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
They won't. You have to wait until Thursday for the, "Import Scan" to kick in. After that it gets assigned to a routed flight. Your flight will populate on Thursday and depending on the time of the flight that's when your plane will be en-route to your house.

In that case, I gotta wait later this evening to see when Thursdays flight to Houston leaves. Following the flight path descending into IAH, they actually fly over my house

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Iā€™m following two planes leaving Louisville into Houston early this morning. I doubt theyā€™ll start shipping out the phones to local distribution centers this early but you never know. Theyā€™re a couple old MD11s and A300 planes
We will probably start to see some movement Thursday afternoon with the iPhones coming off the day sort out of SDF.

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017
Last year I made the mistake of ordering to my office so I wasnā€™t able to use my choice to get the tracking number. Had to do a lot of chatting and work to get it last time. Much easier this go around.
I called multiple times, nobody at ups was able to get me the rest of my tracking number, regardless of providing last 4 tracking, my cell number, or my address.

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs

hinrgmike

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2003
North Richland Hills, TX
based on recent history, any chance a preorder with an ETA of oct 4ā€“9 gets bumped up sooner?
I had 15PM 1TB Blk Titanium ordered 20min after start of pre-orders last Friday (due to inability to get thru app or website). By time I checked out, my order deliver was Oct 4 - 9th. Up until Sunday AM, still showed that. Then sometime later Sunday it moved up to Sep 22nd delivery. So it can happen.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I called multiple times, nobody at ups was able to get me the rest of my tracking number, regardless of providing last 4 tracking, my cell number, or my address.
I've tried 5 times now and people keep telling me how easy it is to get the tracking number. I probably won't be able to get it until my Apple order status changes to "shipped."

Reactions: nikster21

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019

Flight Tracking Briefing - 10:15PM CDT

Wave 2B

For those who didn't make the first flight, but were in wave 2, you are currently enroute on UPS99 to SDF. You can
track that flight here. You should be arriving 3.5 hours and may get an arrival scan shortly after that.

For Those Still In China

I am expecting a flight to depart Seoul for Zhengzhou in about an hour. It will not populate until it is airborne. You can track that potential flight in an hour
here. I then expect that same aircraft to depart back for Seoul with your iPhones in about 6 hours from now as UPS173. You can track that potential flight here if you are up around then.

I'll hopefully have a positive update in the morning.

Flight Tracking Briefing - 10:15PM CDT

Wave
Captain,

Iā€™m on UPS99, about to descend and land at SDF IN 34 minutes. Deeply appreciative for all your knowledge and help. Youā€™ve brought two of our iPhone cargo lifts home and Iā€™d like to offer you two small gestures of appreciation. Enjoy!

1695190311502.jpeg

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Captain,

Iā€™m on UPS99, about to descend and land at SDF IN 34 minutes. Deeply appreciative for all your knowledge and help. Youā€™ve brought two of our iPhone cargo lifts home and Iā€™d like to offer you two small gestures of appreciation. Enjoy!

View attachment 2270262
LA Gloria Cubana I'm begging ya....pls send me one

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Captain,

View attachment 2270262

Funny you mention this.. last time I had anything near this, it was one of these, from a friend of mine having their first child:

61-ZyXpMulL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Funnily enough, a neighbor of theirs thought it was the real thing, and tried to light it when he got home, and complained of stains on his carpet when he did...

We didn't have the heart to tell him. šŸ˜ˆ

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.