Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
Good lord! I am 75 pages behind because I did not get on here last night after I got home from work. There is no chance I am catching up on that many pages. Hopefully everyone is doing well and people are all seeing movement on their launch day deliveries now :D
What I learned the hard way is that catching up on 75 pages is possible… the problem is that while catching up on those, an additional 75-100 pages will be added. That’s why I finally gave up 😅

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
What color did you choose?
View attachment 2270475
One of these things is not like the other…
💙

You're all going to want to remember to order the polishing cream - it's not included with the cloth!

View attachment 2270483
@Fred Zed is the influencer for that

Hmmmmm, but didn't they say shipping was by ship and cutting down on the "Carbon Footprint" ?

Mother Nature going to be ticked off
Airship
Damnit! I have to get up and get ready for work. I’m not getting anything done today. 🤷🏻‍♀️
oh you will get lots done-just not your work.

I had trouble going to sleep last night because I went down a usb-c accessory rabbit hole, ordered some accessories, and then was toiling over whether I'd actually use them or not, and then cancelled my order. This thread is making me neurotic. 😭
But did you order the polishing cloth on sale at Target?

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Mujjo leather case came in yesterday.

IMG_3418.jpeg
IMG_3419.jpeg

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
UPS won’t allow shipment changes until tomorrow. It is likely due to Apple requirements, but also likely due to the fact the phones haven’t “shipped” yet.

Meaning, they are all on large pallets to cut down on shipping costs. UPS has the individual tracking numbers and has been scanning “master” tracking numbers that cover all phones on a pallet. In KY (or whatever hub they use close to you if you aren’t in the US). They’ll break these down and start to move the actual phones themselves.

At that point, their system will process changes. Apple will also flag them as “shipped”.

So, patience. Unlike normal UPS shipments these aren’t allowed to be delivered as quickly as normal. Normal shipping would have had my iPhone 15 Pro from China to me within 1-3 days. Not 7…
In previous years, if I tried to request a change early the option just wouldn't show up. This year it says this option is not available because of a restriction by the shipper. I hope you are right though.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
UPS won’t allow shipment changes until tomorrow. It is likely due to Apple requirements, but also likely due to the fact the phones haven’t “shipped” yet.

Meaning, they are all on large pallets to cut down on shipping costs. UPS has the individual tracking numbers and has been scanning “master” tracking numbers that cover all phones on a pallet. In KY (or whatever hub they use close to you if you aren’t in the US). They’ll break these down and start to move the actual phones themselves.

At that point, their system will process changes. Apple will also flag them as “shipped”.

So, patience. Unlike normal UPS shipments these aren’t allowed to be delivered as quickly as normal. Normal shipping would have had my iPhone 15 Pro from China to me within 1-3 days. Not 7…

Hope you're correct. I know last year, I was able to hold at CC while it was still in China/Korea. This year, not an option. Not even one while it's here. So we will see when Apple shows as "shipped" and provides tracking.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
This thread is nuts lol. I'm not even here for the flight tracking crazyness since I personally feel its pointless being that everyone is getting their phone on the same day lol (and also I always do in-store pickup).... but all of the other banter and extra-curriculars in this thread make it easily one of the best in MR history.
I sleep better at night knowing my phone has been resting for 24 hours comfortably in Kentucky, after its long travel from China. A mere 4 hours by domestic jet flight to my local UPS distribution center.

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
There has been a small change to my UPS delivery status in the past 30 minutes. The delivery was originally had a 3-hour delivery window, with an option to pay an additional $14.99 for a 2-hour window. Now it just states "Delivery by 7:00 PM, and the 2-hour window option in the My Choice settings has gone.

• Angry
Reactions: J Ham and Wolfs

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Hope you're correct. I know last year, I was able to hold at CC while it was still in China/Korea. This year, not an option. Not even one while it's here. So we will see when Apple shows as "shipped" and provides tracking.
Yep and last year some people were able to pick them up early as a result. Not something Apple likes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.