Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No one knew what was going to happen or what was coming. I was very surprised Apple even pulled it off while everyone was working from home. Definitely a huge achievement on Apple's part.
The funny thing is Apple spent unlimited amounts of dollars to configure ways for employees to interact remotely with expensive in office hardware machines (Mac or maybe iPhone), and then demands everyone return to office ASAP haha.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Agreed! But the iPhone 12 Pro was one of the worst launches ever because they launched the iPhone Pro models later in months. We had to wait until November. It was terrible! 🤯😖

View attachment 2270856
View attachment 2270857

Covid got me out of the habit of getting a new iPhone every two (occasionally 1) years. Bought all the Apple toys in the interim though like fully maxed out MacbookPro, iPad Pro, etc. I can't wait to join the "3 camera lens on the back" club. I can't believe I waited 5 years. My XS Max has been hanging in like a champ though.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Agreed! But the iPhone 12 Pro was one of the worst launches ever because they launched the iPhone Pro models later in months. We had to wait until November. It was terrible! 🤯😖

View attachment 2270856
View attachment 2270857

I had forgotten there was a delayed launch that year. That explains why I bought my 12PM in November of 2020. I was thinking I had changed my mind a couple months after the typical September Apple Event.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Covid got me out of the habit of getting a new iPhone every two (occasionally 1) years. Bought all the Apple toys in the interim though like fully maxed out MacbookPro, iPad Pro, etc. I can't wait to join the "3 camera lens on the back" club. I can't believe I waited 5 years. My XS Max has been hanging in like a champ though.
That's going to be one heck of an upgrade!

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Out of all the Apple cases this year, this is the one I am running with on day 1. Looks killer with the saddle brown MagSafe wallet until Target gets me my Umber case for this Friday lol

Might add Clay later, never finewoven.

Gonna look lovely with the natty titanium

IRp3Hiq.jpg

EzNYAP0.jpg
Awesome Choice. I ordered the Fine Woven and sent it back immediately. I would rather leather, which I have on 14PM. Day 1 I am going with Clay for my 15PM in Natural Titanium.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
View attachment 2270674 I don’t think anyone here on this forum would fall for these tricks… But I got this text a few minutes ago pretending to be from UPS. I assume if you click the link it’s gonna take you to a fake UPS login and would allow them to get your login credentials. I think this is perfectly timed several days before they know everyone’s receiving their iPhones… And if they can get into your account, they will redirect your phone to hold it up. Pick up location. Be careful out there people!

I raise you these two “legit” emails i have had the pleasure of receiving
d8e14db2dd856a25caf20b633dd40476.jpg

7b9f406039f49351212a511943c0b821.jpg

I had forgotten there was a delayed launch that year. That explains why I bought my 12PM in November of 2020. I was thinking I had changed my mind a couple months after the typical September Apple Event.
Yeah! I was annoyed too because I had to order a iPhone 12 Pro (Gold) model. I didn't wanted to wait and bought it because I wanted to test out the new camera and didn't wanted to wait until November for the Pro Max model.

So I ordered a Pro model and then a Pro Max Model was released a month later. It was so annoying. Plus I hated using the regular pro model size. I like big iPhones. Apple definately got my money twice.

1695231107629.png

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Awesome Choice. I ordered the Fine Woven and sent it back immediately. I would rather leather, which I have on 14PM. Day 1 I am going with Clay for my 15PM in Natural Titanium.
I went to the Apple Store yesterday to pick up my cases. I handled the Fine Woven (that I’d cancelled), and it felt really cheap. Glad I went with silicone.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I'm part of iUP. What I didn't know when I uncharacteristically selected in-store pickup, was that I'd have to relinquish my 14 Pro in order to walk out with my 15 Pro.
I don't think this is true. You can relinquish your 14 in store that day if you want to, but I think that you have 14 days to do so if you prefer not to turn it in that day. It's been a few years since I've done an in store pick up, but I recall it being a choice to turn it in right then and there, and not a requirement.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I don't know what carrier you have but Verizon is offering $830 for an XS trade in towards the purchase of any of the 15 lineup.

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I ordered an iPhone 15 Pro, 512 Gig, Titanium Blue, through Xfinity. Xfinity is giving me $830.00 trade-in on my iPhone 13 Pro with 256 Gig. The phone should ship Friday. The rates are $30.00 per line for two phones, unlimited talk, text and data with tethering allowed. I have been on their plan for several years.

However, Xfinity has my account screwed up because I used a SIM card in Europe. Xfinity now thinks my phone is assigned to a different line in their ordering system. I have to order the new phone with a new number, then when the phone arrives go to the Xfinity store and have my old number ported to the new phone.

Last edited:

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.