Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
That is quite the pickle. I say enjoy the trip and pick up on Monday for a relaxed trade-in/setup session.
I just got off the phone with a helpful Apple rep.

Because I am on iUP, I can not designate another person to pickup my 15 Pro.

Since I will miss my Friday 1:15 pm pickup window, I have 7 days to get to the store to pickup my device. I dot'' need to cancel the 1:15 window, I dot' need to schedule a new window. Once that window us missed, I can literally walk in and get my 15 Pro. Additionally, and this is what matter most to me, when picking up my 15 Pro, I can return home with both the 145 Pro and 15 Pro. There, I can enjoy all that I described earlier. Yah!

The only "catch" (and it's not even a deal, but sharing for full disclosure) is that since a return box was never issued, I have to return my 14 Pro to a physical Apple Store so they can close that loan. That return needs to happen within 14 days from my 15 Pro pickup. Side note: apparently, I could have selected a return box be issued when placing my order. But I do not recall seeing that option in last week's melee, or I would have [surely] selected that option.

That I can take both devices home was my ultimate hope and such relief to confirm. This should afford a more relaxing weekend. Sunday morning packing will be Moreland back. Kids will eat breakfast at the campsite. 🤪😂

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah! I was annoyed too because I had to order a iPhone 12 Pro (Gold) model. I didn't wanted to wait and bought it because I wanted to test out the new camera and didn't wanted to wait until November for the Pro Max model.

So I ordered a Pro model and then a Pro Max Model was released a month later. It was so annoying. Plus I hated using the regular pro model size. I like big iPhones. Apple definately got my money twice.

View attachment 2270878
But don't they always get your money twice??? :eek:😂

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
🤦‍♀️ @lazyrighteye do me a favor and just block out the entire month of September on your current phone right now.

Also, what time are you leaving, are you going somewhat local? Can you be a little late? Go to the Apple Store early, first thing on the way? Just tell your friends and family you are worth the wait 😉
Oh dang. I did forget to ask the Apple rep just now, about the potential for a coign in before my formal 1:15 pm pickup window. We're likely not pushing off until 9 pm. So I could be first chair at 8 am when the store opens.

The reality is, since learning I can go in any time after my appointment and take both devices home, I'm satisfied. Plus, I can see needing every bit of time to get packed up Friday. The most realistic scenario is a potential of a Sunday late afternoon pickup. I live in Denver. We're hitting a sweet spot just 45-60 minutes outside of Denver. So an afternoon return is very likely. 😉

Last edited:

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
I don't know what carrier you have but Verizon is offering $830 for an XS trade in towards the purchase of any of the 15 lineup.
That's amazing but I have AT&T so I opted to keep my XS to use for podcasts, music, etc. when I'm working out in the yard or garage and it could fall out of my pocket, say. Keep the new phone pristine and safer. My hands get dirty gardening and working and I touch the phone. AT&T would have given my three hundred and something. My XS is in showroom new condition aesthetically. Still, maybe I'm silly for not trading it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfs and MrENGLISH

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
1695231965118.png

I guess I'll still be tethered to Lightning for a bit longer....

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Unsolicited advice from me. You may not want to pick a phone over your family. Spend the weekend with the family and get the phone Monday. In the end a phone is just a thing. Your family is not.
Haha totally! I'm just having fun here in the thread. I definitely have a healthy understanding of what matter most. Hint: it's not a phone. 😉

Cheers!

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I
So in my family - we have sooooooooooo many July birthdays- so many. And so I think it must be the cool down of the fall that made everyone snuggle up close to get warm..and then....well, July birthdays.
july birthday here...born in the Southern Hemisphere

Reactions: Wolfs

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
This will be my 15th time calling UPS in the last several days and nobody will give me a tracking number for "security purposes." So, I'm done. And I'll get the tracking number from Apple tomorrow. I truly hate UPS.
I feel you and sorry you are dealing with it. You also will never get the same answer twice. It feels like a waste of time to contact them, but you know you need to in order to be ready to get delivery of a package with signature demands and a deadline for when it will be returned, etc.

I know UPS delivers oodles of packages, but I question their logistics often. They at times, seem to have a stringent set of rules supported by a support team that is inconsistent.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I don't think this is true. You can relinquish your 14 in store that day if you want to, but I think that you have 14 days to do so if you prefer not to turn it in that day. It's been a few years since I've done an in store pick up, but I recall it being a choice to turn it in right then and there, and not a requirement.
This is correct!
After my post, I called Apple and learned the same: that I could walk in, pickup my 15 Pro and walk home with both my 14 & 15 Pros. I have to return my 14 Pro, to close that loan, to the store (no mail-in available at this point) within 14 days of pickup my 15 Pro.

Cheers!

Last edited:

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
IMG_3545.jpeg

I'm sure the circle cutouts for the speaker and mic are more structurally sound, but there is just something esthetically pleasing about the look of the pill shape speaker/mic on the iPhone 4/4S. I wish they would go back to that design for them. Especially with all the buttons and USB-C port being pill shaped too.

Reactions: Wolfs

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

This will be my 15th time calling UPS in the last several days and nobody will give me a tracking number for "security purposes." So, I'm done. And I'll get the tracking number from Apple tomorrow. I truly hate UPS.
seriously not trying to start a war here... but why are you mad at UPS? Be mad at Apple... Apple hires UPS to deliver it to you.

dwilliamhouston

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2021
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

All you have to do is sign up for a UPS My Choice Account which is free and you should see all the items being shipped to you via UPS. As long as you put the address in the account that are shipping the iPhones to then you should be good.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
That's amazing but I have AT&T so I opted to keep my XS to use for podcasts, music, etc. when I'm working out in the yard or garage and it could fall out of my pocket, say. Keep the new phone pristine and safer. My hands get dirty gardening and working and I touch the phone. AT&T would have give my three hundred and something. My XS is in showroom new condition aesthetically. Still, maybe I'm silly for nopt trading it in.
Nothing wrong with that! I still have several of my old iPhones too. Mine typically get passed down to the kids and then when they get the next hand-me-down, I usually just keep the old iPhone since there is more sentimental value to me than trade in value.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Out of all the Apple cases this year, this is the one I am running with on day 1. Looks killer with the saddle brown MagSafe wallet until Target gets me my Umber case for this Friday lol

Might add Clay later, never finewoven.

Gonna look lovely with the natty titanium

IRp3Hiq.jpg

EzNYAP0.jpg
is that the green fine woven case? If so, it looks nice.

Last edited:

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
May be off topic, but I just wanted to shoutout everyone in this thread. This is definitely the most civil, and respectful thread on MR.
This is besides the point, but I am going through a rough divorce right now, and ever since this thread has populated, it has brought me as much happiness as possible, so thank you, everyone. And thanks for coming to my ted talk. Now, back to apple/tech things 😝
I'll be praying for you.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Replacement case for my FineWoven Polishing Bar has arrived:

IMG_1413.png
IMG_1414.png
IMG_1415.png

Impressed by the delivery, the packaging, the build quality. I'm not TOTALLY sold on the button overlays, as they're not floating, don't know if they'll be really stiff to press. They feel springy without a phone beneath it. Even so, it's a good first case, I think!

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Oh crap! I remembered my AppleTV remote, but forgot about my iMac keyboard which is also lightning. (I hate Apple mice so no worries for me there).
I'm waiting to see what the next gen Apple TV has before replacing my AppleTV remotes with the USB-C version. Hopefully have everything in my home switched away from lightning by the end of next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpecB and Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.