Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
It sticks to MagSafe with Totallee, but not securely. I used the basic clear one with MagSafe and if you touched it with basically any force it would fall off.
That white question mark would ruin the aesthetic of my beautiful blue phone ...

Welp I guess that just means that if I get a scratch on my iPhone it will soon have an "accident" Muhahahahahaha!

Last edited:

David8

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
With no tracking info by now I believe the non-pro 15s are already in the US. That also appears to be the case with the new watches, I have an S9 and U2 ordered, same status as the non-pro 15.
Finally received tracking for my non-pro iPhone 15 and two watches, they are shipping from Lebanon, TN.

Reactions: Wolfs and trost

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
My Bellroy leather case for my 15 Pro just arrived. It's very nice and is similar to the Apple leather case. $55 and puts the FineWoven to shame. The Bellroy case is on the left and FineWoven on the right. The edges are the same color - just the camera making them look brighter. Hope it fits and works as well as the Apple cases.

IMG_1332.jpeg
IMG_1331.jpeg

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Random question. I REALLY don't want a clear case with the "question mark" on the back for MagSafe. What do you think the likelihood that a really thin case (like a Peel or Totalee) will still be able to mount to MagSafe stand?
I would expect an ultra thin like Peel to work. You could also look at just getting a bumper case to give some protection while still keeping full magsafe compatibility

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I know I can probably find this online, but if you setup as a new iPhone are you restoring all your messages and photos via iCloud? Or is it completely empty? I know setting up as a new iPhone is the "best", but it takes longer! (also I'm several pages and hours behind).

If you set up as new, it will bring in the above items and others via iCloud Sync. I set up as new every year as a form of "fall cleaning" and I've realized, I dont collect any junk on my phone anymore.

The only pain I have setting up from new is over 30 2FA logins I need to update which take 3-5 minutes depending on the site/service but for the most part I've gotten it down to about an hour if I just focus and hash it out.

I use to Restore from iCloud for awhile there but I started setting up as new from iPhone 12 and my experience has gotten much better. Im not bringing old cruft with me that can cause issues and ends up using storage space I would rather have it not.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Good Morning from my end of Vegas, Actually I am in Henderson NV and not to far from Harry Reid Airport. @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ my husband worded at the airport for 30 years before he retired a few years ago.
I just go caught up on posts and will go get on the treadmill, then I will have to go get caught up again 😂

I have it figured I will get notification today about sending me the Trade In Box. But so far nothing regarding that.
I've been to Henderson. There was an outdoor rec area there with about 50,000,000 poisonous spiders. Eeek.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
This is what has always prevented me from buying a clear case. I'd prefer something more on the lines of a back ballistics glass protector and a bumper around the frame. That way the back stays nice and thin for MagSafe while still being enough to offer protection all around the phone.
The one I ordered is really thin given it's a soft case (it's from Peel) so I supposed I can put it on and remove it all the time but I really just want to go naked. AppleCare+ should cover scratches damn it! (I know, not realistic)

Reactions: MrENGLISH

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
You have had so much trouble that I am not going to bother. My phone is in Louisville. I can’t prove it but I know it. And it has a tracking number even though I only know what the last four numbers are. It’s still going to be here on Friday. Given all of the troubles that I am going through, some of which only @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ knows about this week, I am just going to be happy to spend the next few days with everyone and have my phone on Friday.
Same. I have the last 4 digits and it still says it'll be here Friday so I'm golden.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I would expect an ultra thin like Peel to work. You could also look at just getting a bumper case to give some protection while still keeping full magsafe compatibility
I hope so. The one I ordered was a soft case though, still very thin, but I figured it would add nice protection from shock. We'll see I guess lol.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
First time I’ve ordered an iPhone online as opposed to pickup at an Apple Store or through Verizon. I’ve got the UPS tracking info so not worried about the delivery (it’s currently sitting in Louisville, KY!), but does the Apple Store app not stay current with the latest delivery info? Through the app it still says preparing to ship when it’s shipped from China to Korea, to Alaska, to Louisville.

For my case choice, I went with the Apple MagSafe clear case again. Been running it for 1 year and a half on my 13 Pro. No yellowing. Awesome case. View attachment 2270922
I hate cases with a passion. But I think I am going to have to get one of these this year. People are scaring the crap out of me on how easy it is to scratch this phone.

Andyour

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Last time, UPS driver was circling our neighborhood since morning and delivered my phone late in the evening 😬. In between he went in and out of neighborhood to deliver products to nearby commercial complex. 😬

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I am just now discovering that peel has a bumper case option. Also a black question mark wouldn't make things too weird I guess. Why must I spend so much on cases to get the right one?

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Random question. I REALLY don't want a clear case with the "question mark" on the back for MagSafe. What do you think the likelihood that a really thin case (like a Peel or Totalee) will still be able to mount to MagSafe stand?

I have had Totallee non-magsafe cases since the iPhone 12 PM and been using them on a Magsafe stand without any issues. But, I got a Totalee Magsafe case for my iPhone 14 PM and the connection is MUCH stronger but I also have a circular magnet bulge on my case because of this. The bulge doesnt bother me too much and gives me another place to anchor my finger / palm a bit. But, i wouldnt get the case again if I didnt get a discount on it.

While the connection is signicantly stronger, I dont think its worth (for me) the $10+ for the difference when my non magsafe version held onto my floating stand perfectly fine and I got use to being able to just quickly lift the phone of it versus fighting the very strong magnet that they include in the magsafe version.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Yes! That's what's coming next in here. Bragging rights!

Are you suggesting a competition with prizes for this thread? That has the potential to be fun, different and competitive all at the same time.

Potential Categories

First to Receive Their Phone In Hand via UPS (not sure how we can spin this for those doing in store pickup)
Best Phone Case Combo
Best Release Day Photo (taken by new device)

Open to ideas! What does everyone think? LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!! 🤣

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Hey ya'll...

I think I may be up to something. I have a feeling Apple is watching and listening to me. 👀

This is the 3rd time I'm seeing something similar like this. I reported the other two incidents here before. I don't think this is a coincidence at all.

Check out this article posted yesterday. It's a new feature Apple is implementing. New setting to strictly prevent charging beyond 80% for the new iPhone 15 Models - iOS 17.

View attachment 2270966

On June 6, 2023,
around WWDC: I made to post to bring the Optimizing Charging feature to iOS.

View attachment 2270968

March 26, 2023 - Another post by me: it’s much more efficient, intelligent, and smarter than what we have in iOS. Yes, with optimized charging kicked in. It stops at 80%".

View attachment 2270970

October 15, 2022 - This one is a really trippy one. This comment was posted by me: "We need it on iPhones as well. Forwarded the mega thread.

View attachment 2270973

So yeah.. I'm being watched by Apple but in a positive way.
I am just going to say, that if Tim called me and asked me who Apple should be listening to, in less than a second my answer would be you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.