Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
We need to find a way to decode your tracking number. I don't want to wait till tomorrow for that.
giphy.gif

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009

BasedReborn

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
At first I couldn’t wait but I know once Friday comes, I’ll be waiting all day for the delivery so preparing before hand

Reactions: Wolfs
What is PVD coating? Is that coating on the titanium itself? Might explain why we were seeing white scratch marks on the titanium yesterday.
See @GrumpyMom post.

1695238411312.png

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I have had Totallee non-magsafe cases since the iPhone 12 PM and been using them on a Magsafe stand without any issues. But, I got a Totalee Magsafe case for my iPhone 14 PM and the connection is MUCH stronger but I also have a circular magnet bulge on my case because of this. The bulge doesnt bother me too much and gives me another place to anchor my finger / palm a bit. But, i wouldnt get the case again if I didnt get a discount on it.

While the connection is signicantly stronger, I dont think its worth (for me) the $10+ for the difference when my non magsafe version held onto my floating stand perfectly fine and I got use to being able to just quickly lift the phone of it versus fighting the very strong magnet that they include in the magsafe version.
Same. I can't say enough about Totallee's ultra-thin cases. If, like me, you'd rather go naked, this is the case for you. You can hardly tell it's there. I've been using them for many years. I have yet to try their formal MagSafe offering as I am not a fan of the ring-backed cases. AndI have never once felt the wireless connection was inadequate. At night, I charge on a white MODNRDOCK Prisma without issue. Ive also seen several dropped devices and not one of them ever suffered any damage. The cases redirected the impact energy around the device, completely protecting the device. Every time (knocks on wood). I'm planning on cases less, but have their clear case on order. Incase I get antsy.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Apple will use a reverse psychology method and will say, "it's better for the environment". Carbon!
It's like the whole deal with not including the charger block. They claim it is good for the environment. If it wasn't about money, they would give you the option when ordering to include one at checkout if you need it. But not, they just charge a lot of money for something you used to get free. It's like the government spending money on something and saying it will benefit citizens. Sure that may be true, but that is not the main motive.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Funny, that looks just like the Mac Pro. The only Mac that even Apple doesn’t use. If you noticed in the video on iPhone day, every work area has only Mac Studios.
That's because it has the same exact performance in almost all cases ... and in some cases that make no sense ... worse performance ... than the Mac Studio. The new Mac Pro is a dumpster fire.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Apple will use a reverse psychology method and will say, "it's better for the environment". Carbon!
Hmmmm better, geez. This past April we had the displeasure of acquiring a Tesla for rental. We were so excited. It was the worst 3 weeks we ever had. Constantly watching the battery deplete and constantly looking for charging stations it was a nightmare. No car play. My very worst. (I keep my iPhone charged to 100 about 90% of the time). We got to the UK and our gas guzzler with apple car play was waiting at the Avis rental, we couldnt have been happier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.