Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Technically not true since it's still The :01 iPhone. It's still being delivered on Friday, but I'm just not going home until Oct. 6th to begin using it. Although, a recent development happened and I may be able to get my hands on it this Saturday or Sunday, but we'll see.
Oh I hope you are able to swing it. And I hope your good karma extends to @Lex404

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Yes. Everything you’ve heard is true: The Verge's Apple’s new website redesign FineWoven iPhone cases and accessories are is categorically terrible.
Group 1.png

Man, they changed that article quick.

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
I am just now discovering that peel has a bumper case option. Also a black question mark wouldn't make things too weird I guess. Why must I spend so much on cases to get the right one?
Have you looked at the new Ghost Case from DBrand? Interesting overall design and look. I am tempted to order one for my phone.

Reactions: seezar

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Can’t wait to see how Apple will respond to this. The Verge is a big time news source.

Apple will use a reverse psychology method and will say, "it's better for the environment". Carbon!
I know I've said this already somewhere in this thread but I think Apple should have initially introduced FineWoven as a third alternative option at a lower price and allowed people to adjust to it over time. Instead they chose to force it on us as a direct replacement to leather which it comes nowhere close to matching in quality and price.

It's like the whole deal with not including the charger block. They claim it is good for the environment. If it wasn't about money, they would give you the option when ordering to include one at checkout if you need it. But not, they just charge a lot of money for something you used to get free. It's like the government spending money on something and saying it will benefit citizens. Sure that may be true, but that is not the main motive.
100% Agreed.

I still can't believe I paid over $50+ Dollars just so I could charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max with an OEM 5W Apple Charging Adapter. Crazy times we are living in.

1695239138927.png

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
It's like the whole deal with not including the charger block. They claim it is good for the environment. If it wasn't about money, they would give you the option when ordering to include one at checkout if you need it. But not, they just charge a lot of money for something you used to get free. It's like the government spending money on something and saying it will benefit citizens. Sure that may be true, but that is not the main motive.
Anyone that thought Apple was doing good for the "environment" by not including a charger anymore is just oblivious. They did it because it saves them a crap ton of money in materials, product, shipping, fuel, etc. Smaller, lighter boxes, more boxes to a pallet, etc. Better for their bottom dollar. They sold it as "green" and had the balls to say the phones will still be the same price... as if all consumers are idiots. You leave out the charger, headphones and still charge the same price? Lol

Thanks?

But you could have used any A to C cable together with your 5W charging brick...
I only use OEM Apple Charging Cable. I love Anker but I prefer using Apple only. Apple doesn't produce A to C cable. @Bananasaurus calls this: The Medieval Times Charging Method. 🕰️

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Have you looked at the new Ghost Case from DBrand? Interesting overall design and look. I am tempted to order one for my phone.

Good god that thing is ugly... what an absolute abomination.... It's criminal to put something like that over such a beautiful piece of tech.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
But you could have used any A to C cable together with your 5W charging brick...
Yeah I'm not understanding that either. I would rather someone say they wanted to buy it just to buy it honestly.

Only reason you'd need the dongle is if you already have expensive dongles for your phone (camera/sd/etc).

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.