Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
I'm bringing mine back to the Apple Store in Littleton tomorrow. Wanna beat the rush, you see...

What truly angers me about this article is that very simple actions were able to mar the case indelibly. So, Apple either didn't bother to test the case at all, or they did and didn't care.

"Next year we'll come out with FineWoven 2 - it'll be made of 65% recycled FineWoven cases, using 35% less child labor - and we'll charge $79 for it!"
I think Apple decided a long time ago, that they know best and they know what people want/need. So i don't even think they bother testing... But I think their arrogance may have caught up to them with this one... I haven't seen a single positive review of this thing.. Not even from their youtube shills. I think even iJustine has conveniently avoided making a video about it so far.

Apple has a USB-C to USB-C cable that works well for iPad pros
Correct but It cannot connect with the 5W Charging adapter. Need a dongle.

s-l1600.jpg

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Anyone that thought Apple was doing good for the "environment" by not including a charger anymore is just oblivious. They did it because it saves them a crap ton of money in materials, product, shipping, fuel, etc. Smaller, lighter boxes, more boxes to a pallet, etc. Better for their bottom dollar. They sold it as "green" and had the balls to say the phones will still be the same price... as if all consumers are idiots. You leave out the charger, headphones and still charge the same price? Lol

Thanks?
You just reminded me I need a new pair of wired headphones 🙄. I like to snowboard with wired because it’s tough to find tiny white EarPods on white snow.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Good god that thing is ugly... what an absolute abomination.... It's criminal to put something like that over such a beautiful piece of tech.

I have no clue why they're labeling that a clear case.
That was the one part of MKBHDs iPhone review video that made me cringe. It's like, I get that dbrand is a big sponsor for them and other big channels, but that part of his video just proves that he is just like the others and will market snake oil wrapped in a big red bow to you.

You just need a USB A to USB C connector like we discussed at great length the other day, but Apple doesn't make one, as we discussed at great length the other day.
And I only want it from Apple. I don't want it from Anker or Amazon or any other third party. @LasersGoPewPew knows. OEM APPLE ONLY!

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ugh…just got a notification from Keyway that the leather case in Whiskey color is back in stock. Having just received the Nomad leather case, I don’t really need another one. The Keyway, however, looks identical to the Apple leather case, in terms of design. Someone talk me out of ordering it.

How about that 'x'. That's all you need to not order it. Did it work?

Reactions: kmingis

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
It's like the whole deal with not including the charger block. They claim it is good for the environment. If it wasn't about money, they would give you the option when ordering to include one at checkout if you need it. But not, they just charge a lot of money for something you used to get free. It's like the government spending money on something and saying it will benefit citizens. Sure that may be true, but that is not the main motive.
I'm afraid I don't believe that about the government never doing anything to benefit people because they want to benefit people. Not that I'm so naîve that I don't think there's political calculation involved in anything.

But Apple and for-profits and some non-profits? It's the greed almost always. The fine woven is ridiculous. At first I asked myself, "isn't leather made from by products of food production that happens anyway? Well, I guess the leather processing is bad for the environment." But isn't producing "fine woven" probably bad for the environment, too? Vegans could always purchase a non-leather case. So it can't be just to please vegans, right? My conclusion: for the extra profit.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
And I only want it from Apple. I don't want it from Anker or Amazon or any other third party. @LasersGoPewPew knows. OEM APPLE ONLY!
That's it! Now I'm starting to feel left out of the 5W club and want in. I have a fresh, unused Apple 5W charger sitting in one of my old iPhone boxes along with a fresh Apple USB-A to Lightning cable. All I need to order is the Apple Lighting to USB-C adapter and my dongle nightlife will be complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.