Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
100% Agreed.

I still can't believe I paid over $50+ Dollars just so I could charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max with an OEM 5W Apple Charging Adapter. Crazy times we are living in.

View attachment 2271069
200w.gif

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Oh I hope you are able to swing it. And I hope your good karma extends to @Lex404
Unfortunately they couldn't change it... (from cancelled)... I was in chat with them now.

We used to have this issue back when I was working in Ops for a big food delivery corpo, cancelled orders couldn't be reinstated (4 years away and the issue persists)... but with food it's much easier to try to do things than with a $1400 device.

So I need a ton of luck on Friday morning to get it again. And I'll try to do it from the phone app and pay with apple pay (same card assigned lol)

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Same. I can't say enough about Totallee's ultra-thin cases. If, like me, you'd rather go naked, this is the case for you. You can hardly tell it's there. I've been using them for many years. I have yet to try their formal MagSafe offering as I am not a fan of the ring-backed cases. AndI have never once felt the wireless connection was inadequate. At night, I charge on a white MODNRDOCK Prisma without issue. Ive also seen several dropped devices and not one of them ever suffered any damage. The cases redirected the impact energy around the device, completely protecting the device. Every time (knocks on wood). I'm planning on cases less, but have their clear case on order. Incase I get antsy.
I would be absolutely delighted if the soft clear Peel case (non-MagSafe) that I bought bonds well enough to my MagSafe stand so I can be comfortable it won't fall. It should come Friday so I'll know right away if I'm going to have to risk nakedness.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Have you looked at the new Ghost Case from DBrand? Interesting overall design and look. I am tempted to order one for my phone.

Oh! I have not seen this yet. This might be right up my alley!

Reactions: justinf77 and Wolfs

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
The Verge is not playing about the Apple FineWoven case.

View attachment 2271018

I'm bringing mine back to the Apple Store in Littleton tomorrow. Wanna beat the rush, you see...

What truly angers me about this article is that very simple actions were able to mar the case indelibly. So, Apple either didn't bother to test the case at all, or they did and didn't care.

"Next year we'll come out with FineWoven 2 - it'll be made of 65% recycled FineWoven cases, using 35% less child labor - and we'll charge $79 for it!"

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
You can sometimes just use the Apple order number as a tracking reference, but you have to go into the tracking detail and use it as a reference and not as the regular tracking number.
Tried that, but it wasn't recognized. Might try that again today if I don't get a tracker. Thanks!

Reactions: Wolfs

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
My in-store pickup charge on my Apple Card has been pending for over 3 full days. Wonder what’s going on.
Mine has been pending since Wednesday of last week when I set up the pre-order and Apple authorized the Apple Card. Since it hasn’t dropped off (the way normal pending charges do), I’m not too worried.

That said, I’ll feel better when I get the email from Apple that my order is ready for pickup.

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Unfortunately they couldn't change it... (from cancelled)... I was in chat with them now.

We used to have this issue back when I was working in Ops for a big food delivery corpo, cancelled orders couldn't be reinstated (4 years away and the issue persists)... but with food it's much easier to try to do things than with a $1400 device.

So I need a ton of luck on Friday morning to get it again. And I'll try to do it from the phone app and pay with apple pay (same card assigned lol)

You should have a look. I just looked up my config and found this will be available at one of the stores within 4 miles of me ....

IMG_1743.jpeg

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I'm bringing mine back to the Apple Store in Littleton tomorrow. Wanna beat the rush, you see...

What truly angers me about this article is that very simple actions were able to mar the case indelibly. So, Apple either didn't bother to test the case at all, or they did and didn't care.

"Next year we'll come out with FineWoven 2 - it'll be made of 65% recycled FineWoven cases, using 35% less child labor - and we'll charge $79 for it!"
I ran my finger over my FineWoven and my leather case and the leather scratched while the FW didn't. If you're really going after it I'm sure the FW will scratch, but mine at least isn't as scratch prone as others and the Verge made it seem.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I only use OEM Apple Charging Cable. I love Anker but I prefer using Apple only. Apple doesn't produce A to C cable. @Bananasaurus calls this: The Medieval Times Charging Method. 🕰️
You do realize that Apple probably outsources its cable manufacturing to the same factory in China that
makes cables branded as Anker. Anker factory: okay you guys on the white cable production line = Apple. All other production lines Anker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.