Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

monkthehonk

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
Quick Q. I initially chose a store pick up time around 5pm because I thought I would have time after work, but now Iā€™m realizing I can only go before work. Will they still let me pick up my iPhone if I come before my specific allotted time? Thanks!

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Tampa storms hit differently.. I just bought a vacation house down there and we spent this past summer there... I don't think I've ever seen rain that hard and furious or heard thunder that loud in my entire life. took me a little bit of time to get used to it lol.

I've lived in Florida for 40 years, and the hard storms always make me sleepy. LOL.

Reactions: svish and Wolfs

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yes! I am glad I decided to get that over Apple's clear one with the white on it.
I can see that- I have the apple clear case on order and have so many 2nd guesses on it right now. The clear Peel case is apeeling (pun intended) and I am searching for others. I do like your case a lot - and with white - on Friday, please post the combo together!!

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Reminiscing today as we inch closer to Friday... (they all still work!)

1695241929749.jpeg

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Hey Lisa, check out this post, this should help you figure out how to track if your iPhone is on its way! https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...very-status-thread-2023.2401167/post-32511776
The article had a good tip: use My Choice to see all packages arriving at your address, then click on the Apple one and go to details. This works for me, as Track by Reference is very limited now.

9/19/2023
11:03 AM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Louisville, KY, United States

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Tampa storms hit differently.. I just bought a vacation house down there and we spent this past summer there... I don't think I've ever seen rain that hard and furious or heard thunder that loud in my entire life. took me a little bit of time to get used to it lol.
Try Singapore.

Reactions: Wolfs

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The article had a good tip: use My Choice to see all packages arriving at your address, then click on the Apple one and go to details. This works for me, as Track by Reference is very limited now.

9/19/2023
11:03 AM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Louisville, KY, United States
I am doing something way wrong - because I have a my choice account and my address is in there and I have a full tracking number but I get absolutely zero details - just still says - on the way to Louisville. But nothing. I am going to keep trying and read what is posted here because I don't get why I am getting nothing.

Reactions: killawat

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
Oh that's interesting! It could be. If you see a departure scan stamp. Please let me know. WOW! That's crazy!
Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a similar situation to last year with some groups having lagging issues with tracking and weā€™re already state side. According to AfterShip Iā€™ve already cleared import customs, but UPS says nothing and nothing about a weather delay, but ill report if I get new scans after this flight leaves.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
I mean you can make that conclusion the goal of anything a corporation does. After all, thatā€™s the only thing they are chartered to do.

That said, the stars can align. Whatā€™s good for the environment can also be good for profits.

Is that the case here? It is impossible for us to know fully. Apple has a huge profit margin on their cases. Is that margin the same or larger on the new vegan cases? Do they anticipate the same sales volume as before? They could end up net neutral or worse off or they could end up better off.

Either way, if you want a real leather case there are tons of third party case makers out there. Apple for the longest time didnā€™t even sell cases! In my view the only real way to use an iPhone is without one.
OF COURSE corporations must make a profit. My musing were strictly about decision-making by Apple that strikes me as driven by windfall profits: the fine woven case. That's the ONLY thing I was talking about pertaining to Apple. I don['t mind if they make huge profits on their tech. If I think it's worth it, i'll buy it.

My problem in general is that maximizing shareholder value is the almost sole goal of corporations. Maximizing profits means there is no endpoint. Nothing is ever enoigh. But I don't want to get off on a rant. I just want to talk about the new Apple products. And fine woven does not make me happy. It doesn't help that the colors aren't making me happy. Colors better in the silicone. YMMV.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I can see that- I have the apple clear case on order and have so many 2nd guesses on it right now. The clear Peel case is apeeling (pun intended) and I am searching for others. I do like your case a lot - and with white - on Friday, please post the combo together!!
I might have to look into these peel cases, I've seen many mention them here. I will definitely post some pictures Friday! šŸ˜Š

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
I am doing something way wrong - because I have a my choice account and my address is in there and I have a full tracking number but I get absolutely zero details - just still says - on the way to Louisville. But nothing. I am going to keep trying and read what is posted here because I don't get why I am getting nothing.
Is it a brand new UPS MyChoice account? Information is limited until you receive the confirmation code in the mail, usually about a week after signing up for the account. Once you enter the code from the post card it will unlock the full free account features.

Reactions: Wolfs

trost

Cancelled
Oct 30, 2017
So I finally got 2 Apple tracking numbers with an ETA delivery of Friday by 7. When I check on history it only shows me the scan in TN. Very odd?
If they are regular iPhone 15's this is normal. I just received my tracking code this morning as well.

9/20/2023
11:23 AM
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
United States

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.