Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
ups99.jpg

Man...they're flying right through all the weather. Typically the go around...

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
I know you all are excited about your packages going out to the final destination, but you're probably not going out on these afternoon flights. I am not saying it's impossible, but you're likely going to be on the ones that are 1-4AM departures.

Also good to see you all are getting scans after missing some in the other locations.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Iā€™m guessing that by restricting us to delivery only, the risk of loss may be transferred to us if the package is marked as ā€œdeliveredā€, and either the driver steals our package or a porch pirate snags it.
Yeah thatā€™s pretty much what happened to me when FedEx stole my iPhone SE. Really a nightmare situation

• Sad
Reactions: Pipper99

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
So all you October peeps (Iā€™m guessing you are all 15PM and mostly Natty TI) that flipped to delivery tomorrow, whatā€™s the latest October date? And for late October-November peeps, are you seeing any delivery updates?
Yep 15PM Natty TI was originally Oct9-16, still showing Oct 2 now in apple store but my choice showing delivery tomorrow and just left Incheon this am

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Mine just went through import scan. If this goes the way of previous deliveries, it will get on an early morning UPS flight and dropped right on a delivery truck for Fridays delivery.

09/21/2023
11:12 A.M.
On the Way
Import Scan
Louisville, KY, United States

Reactions: bkmike6

Scorch07

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Yep! TN and PA seem to be where the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, Apple Watch Ultra 2 and Apple Watch Series 9 have been hiding this week. Glad to see everyone getting notices that their devices are shipping out! Now y'all get to join in on the tracking fun :D
Yeah, I've had tracking for my Pro all week from CN, but just got tracking for my wife's 15 from PA a few minutes ago.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
It should not matter. The final decision is still up to the Driver to leave the package unattended or leave a delivery attempt and return it to the CC.

Dave
Granted this is just my personal experience but they donā€™t typically leave them even with the release form. Last year I lived in an apartment that had secured parcel lockers on the ground floor and UPS was told not to leave the iPhones in those either. I only know this because when I went to get my package I saw a tag on my door saying to go pick it up tomorrow. I caught the driver in the hallway on my way down to the elevator and he had my phone and we talked briefly about it.

So YMMV on if they will actually leave it

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Someone else (@Bananasaurus I think?) had their UPS MyChoice account hacked - you might want to make sure it's not something like that. Yikes!
Yeah, mine was hacked and they had me delete my entire account and start over. Fun times. They didn't make any changes to packages, they apparently just wanted my My Choice account, even though it's free to sign up for one. But that's my luck, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.