Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Question of the day. How long do you have a new iPhone before the initial novelty wears off where you aren't frequently talking about it or endlessly playing on the new device? When does it become just a just another daily used item in your life? For me it's perhaps 2 or 3 days at most. I'm not big on material objects so new novelty wears off quickly. How about you?
Like 30 minutes after I set it up lol... the build up to it is much longer... but once its in my hand I quickly realize its the same as the one I was just using before and the novelty wears off quick. Of course that's also a product of me upgrading every year like an idiot... I wish I had the will power to wait 3+ years to upgrade like some people... But alas I am weak.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Still catching up 15 pages, but these are the upcoming flights to EWR or JFK for NYC people! I'm hoping my iPhones will be on the JFK flight at 3:15pm EST.🤞

Monosnap Flight Finder ✈ Muhammad Ali Intl (KSDF) - New York (ZNY) - FlightAware 2023-09-21 13...png

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I've heard people joke about it but I had to google to see what it was exactly. I thought it was like instagram or something lol. Believe it or not, I don't use social media except Reddit and MacRumors occasionally. I know that is probably a shock! No social media apps on my phone
It definitely has a reputation lol

One of my oldest friend's husband has an OF where he just reads a book with his shirt off. He's got a bear-type body similar to mine and he has a following. To each their own I guess lol 🤷‍♂️

Doing the text chat with Apple Support now to have my phone held at CC. They said the request can take 48 hours to process, but I'm still going to risk it, since I have zero trust in my driver (sadly).
Agreed! I just called and it does take 24-48 hours and they told me there's a possibility it may delay your delivery.

What happens if you do a Will-Call and UPS tells you they can't release the package because they need a shipment release authorization from Apple? Imagine waiting 24-48 hours to receive that.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Looks as though there are only two UPS flights/day from Louisville to Austin. They both leave at around 4:30AM and arrive in Austin 5:30 - 6:00 AM. Plenty of time to deliver by 7PM, so I'm guessing that my phones will be on either UPS788 0r 3788. Not expecting a departure scan until long after I'm fast asleep. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow to see both phones with an Austin arrival scan, followed by an out for delivery.

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
For a company that is always so creative and eye catching with its marketing, they chose the most lifeless colors imaginable for their flagship device.

It's 2023 and iPhones be like, “You can have any color you want, so long as it’s black gray.”

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My first husband and I built our first house in Ahwatukee in 1994, at 47th St and Ray. They had just built the Target, and the other three corners of I-10 and Ray Road were a junkyard where BestBuy is now, and empty lots where the BMW dealership and the Flemings Steakhouse are. It's absolutely insane how much that area has grown since then. I haven't lived over there since 2000, but every time I go over that way I am amazed.

Oh yup! I’m off Chandler and 40th st! It’s very built up over here now! I love it over here.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
It definitely has a reputation lol

One of my oldest friend's husband has an OF where he just reads a book with his shirt off. He's got a bear-type body similar to mine and he has a following. To each their own I guess lol 🤷‍♂️
So what you are saying is there are lots of people out there with daddy issues?

Who will get the first Louisville departure scan? Maybe @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ will offer up a polishing cloth as a prize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.