Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
First I will have to run the setup wizard and connect to WiFi. Yes connecting to WiFi is mandatory for setup on the 2023 mobile software. I don’t recall having this experience before.

This has been the case for a few years now. You need to either be on WiFi or have a cellular connection in the phone with activated data. This is used to enforce iCloud lock on the device. That can’t be done unless the device can talk to an Apple server.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Were you able to select a pickup location? I'm trying to do the same thing and the apple rep is telling me that it might delay pickup, and that I'll be notified of where I can pick the order up
It doesn't usually delay it if you choose the hub where it comes from directly to your address. It's delayed if you pick UPS Store or drugstores or wherever else you can choose

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Departure scan from Louisville! I’m located in Maryland

3db453baf09fd90e84f84232310a8172.jpg
You win the first Prototype of @MrENGLISH ’s FineWoven Premium Mag Safe Polishing Cloth Glove, and a free month’s subscription to his MacDaddy OF! ✨

Last edited:

Andrew630

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
View attachment 2272718 Well I finally woke up this morning to a tracking number, but it looks like I’m going to narrowly miss a 9/22 delivery. Hoping to receive on Monday though and maybe even a miracle will happen!
Just arrived in Kentucky! Looks like I’ll be receiving my phone on time after all 😎 Apple was testing me this year but looks like they are making good on my original quoted release date after originally delaying by 2 weeks!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
There is no prize LOL! You guys don't like the 5W Apple charing adapter and the Apple polishing cloth.

Looks like @microburst is the first one to leave us :(

If you want to earn @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ ‘s heart send her a bouquet of 5 watt charging blocks, with the base of the bouquet neatly wrapped in apple polishing cloths for Valentine’s Day. She will know that you are a keeper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.