Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I wonder why UPS CC is not an option this year since itā€™s been an option for a very long time AND Apple hasnā€™t restricted packages previously.

I spoke to a manager at Apple on the phone who was ā€œclose to the shipping and logistics teamā€ and he was unsure why my phone couldnā€™t be held. He said he would do his best to reach out to UPS and get back to me later today with whatever info he has.

I called UPS and after finally getting a person on the phone, they were super unhelpful and told me they ā€œfiled a caseā€ and someone should get back to me in 2-4 days. I didnā€™t bother telling the person on the phone that my phone is coming tomorrow because I want to see what they come back with after 2-4 days.

Iā€™m less worried about theft or any of that. I prefer to pickup my phone because I can do it right at 10(sometimes 9) and it gives me enough time to get it set up for the weekend. It also helps that I can pick it up during work hours, get my work 2FA moved over and if I run into any problems, my IT team is on standby to resolve the issues quickly.

Worse part about all of this UPS nonsense is that you canā€™t even pay to have it picked up early OR anything else. Itā€™s pretty much as restricted as possible.

Now that they have left Louisville, I am hoping things change tonight as the phone gets a lot closer to all of us.

If I have to wait between ā€œ2-4pmā€ for my phone, UPS is going to get some **** from me when they reach out to me about my case.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
1695326869338.png

This is the flight mine are on. Should be in Dallas in half an hour.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
So planes don't fly to LAX with cargo? I'm new to CA/LA. They fly to Ontario, CA? Never heard of it.
While they run multibillion dollar logistics, it can be confusing.

For my iPhone last year, it was flown from Louisville to DFW (Texas), then flown to Houston, delivered to a service center, put on a truck and delivered to another service center where it was held. Could end up in a similar boat.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I've never bothered to learn about different wattages/voltages when it comes to charging, so this is a really dumb question:

Can I use my iPad Mini 6 20W USB-C charger on my iPhone 15 Pro Max without any detriment?

Reactions: Sikh

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
While they run multibillion dollar logistics, it can be confusing.

For my iPhone last year, it was flown from Louisville to DFW (Texas), then flown to Houston, delivered to a service center, put on a truck and delivered to another service center where it was held. Could end up in a similar boat.
Sounds as efficient as @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø hamster wheel

MPhil

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2020
I still donā€™t have any shipping info for my wifeā€™s 15 (non pro). Order went through at 8:05 right after my pre-order for my pro max. Still says coming tomorrow but no tracking and Apple still shows preparing for shipment. Will non pros ship out tonight?

Reactions: xxray and Wolfs
Can anyone see if there is a flight to Spokane, WA?

Not good with this flight tracker stuff.
One of my good friend lives in Spokane, WA.

Cross your fingers and hopefully you are on this flight. It leaves in 15 minutes. Let us know if you get a departure scan within 30 minutes from right now.

1695327087087.png

1695327053120.png

Red eye flight:

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Fortunately I will be able to open the blinds and see when someone is coming to my door. When I do you best bet I'm meeting them out there and making sure I think the weight is right and the package is undamaged.
I know, right? I ordered an Apple Watch from Costco a couple of years ago. The UPS driver left the box that contained my AW on my porch that had obviously been torn open and badly re-taped. When I opened the AW retail box, there was no watch inside. I called Costco, and they sent me another without any qualms. I had that one delivered to a Costco store for pickup.

I did initiate a complaint with UPS, and I think their investigation found that it had been stolen before it got on the truck, but I donā€™t know how that mangled box got on the truck in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.