Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
@BreakingKayfabe Change your photo to Butthead.

222px-Beavis_BeavisandButtHead.png

Reactions: Wolfs

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I've never bothered to learn about different wattages/voltages when it comes to charging, so this is a really dumb question:

Can I use my iPad Mini 6 20W USB-C charger on my iPhone 15 Pro Max without any detriment?

Yes. For the most part you don’t have to worry about charges cause apples power IC is really good.

The reason people in this thread are talking about charging wattages / voltages is because of the questionable batteries we have gotten the last 2 years and some are genuinely curious what the highest wattage is for fast charging.

For what it’s worth, Apple is recommending the 20w USB-C charger for the iPhone 15’s.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
You can use a 150 watt charger, it doesn't matter because the phone will only take from the charger the max it can take, which is 27 watts. You generally don't want to use a charger that has LESS wattage than your device can handle, as it will charge slower (unless you are, ahem, like some on this thread devoted to their slow 5 watt chargers).
Thanks. I'm going to make an effort to learn about this tonight because for some reason I have completely avoided trying to understand charging at even the most basic levels of intelligence. Ha. Appreciate it!

Reactions: Wolfs
Got a 3:09 departure scan out of Louisville. @hungryteresa and other NYC people, if you got the same departure scan, our phones are on UPS2114 to JFK.
Niceeee! It's been real. Part of Wave 1. Also, you are one of the first ones posting the first Origin Scan from China. It's been real. Thank you for being here. Happy and safe travels :)

Reactions: sawah

dewbert

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2021
Has anyone successfully been able to reschedule delivery for another day with UPS? All 3 of my Apple packages (iPhone 15 Pro from China, 15 Regular from PA and Apple Watch band from PA) still say “On the Way” with no indication they’ve acknowledged the request. A different UPS package for Friday now says “Reschedule Request Received.”

ChrissyBrown

macrumors newbie
Sitting here pondering when my phone will leave they always do truck for me and it either goes to Indianapolis through east Central Illinois through my town to Decatur IL hub, then is sent in smaller truck back to UPS hub in my town. Occasionally the truck has come through southern Illinois but still to Decatur IL

And I am bored and this came to mind LOL

I'm in SW Indiana. Howdy neighbor!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.