Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
You can use a 150 watt charger, it doesn't matter because the phone will only take from the charger the max it can take, which is 27 watts. You generally don't want to use a charger that has LESS wattage than your device can handle, as it will charge slower (unless you are, ahem, like some on this thread devoted to their slow 5 watt chargers).
Or, you can get a hamster

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Welcome! You’re the first person I’ve found traveling to PDX with me!

And we're off! Next stop PDX! @LasersGoPewPew did you make this flight?

IMG_8101.jpeg

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Yes. For the most part you don’t have to worry about charges cause apples power IC is really good.

The reason people in this thread are talking about charging wattages / voltages is because of the questionable batteries we have gotten the last 2 years and some are genuinely curious what the highest wattage is for fast charging.

For what it’s worth, Apple is recommending the 20w USB-C charger for the iPhone 15’s.
The heck with that recommendation, I'm using this 67 watt beauty (with the 2 ports, I can also connect my iPad Air, 4th gen, at the same time and have enough watts to charge both:

You need to make friends with someone there that works for UPS. A buddy of mine used to work for UPS at the Philly airport but he's since moved away.
Last year, I actually renewed their contract so they can operate here at Harry Reid International Airport. I know the CEO of the UPS. We were going back and forth about the lease space and the permit. They are fun and professional people to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.