Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Also not to double reply but I'm pretty sure alot of this theft comes from others that are part of the shipping process rather than by the driver themselves. Thats why I'm going to be right there at the door. In fact I might make him stand there while I open it lol
That is honestly what I think could have happened with mine that one time. The bubble mailer was resealed and being that the water bottle inside was half empty, it made me wonder if whoever stole it was trying to fool everyone/thing along the way. It really could have happened at any point in the shipping process. I never had a problem with my USPS driver before or after. 🤷‍♂️

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Yes. For the most part you don’t have to worry about charges cause apples power IC is really good.

The reason people in this thread are talking about charging wattages / voltages is because of the questionable batteries we have gotten the last 2 years and some are genuinely curious what the highest wattage is for fast charging.

For what it’s worth, Apple is recommending the 20w USB-C charger for the iPhone 15’s.
I found a 30W USB-C charger plug in my drawer. I think I must have picked it up around 2019. I bought a lot of USB-C to X(other connector type) Apple dongles back then. I have a USB-C MacbookPro and iPad so maybe it came with the iPad. I don't remember. I use a big brick to charge both.

Any harm in me using either the big brick that came with the MacbookPro or the 30W that I found in the drawer? Both Apple. I don't want to limbo under my desk and out the other side to look at the big brick unless it's important.

What IS the optimal charger to use if I have to buy a new one tom preserve the iPhone 15's battery health?

Reactions: Sikh

richardkor

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Departed Louisville for Nashville!

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 35

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why the Deliveries app can no longer track UPS deliveries (and they have stated it’s due to UPS policy changes, and out of their control)… yet AfterShip can still track fine?

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I finally got my iUP trade in kit email. Looks like it's coming between 9/26-9/28. I haven't received an email about Applecare for my watch yet but I assume it'll come. Still no departure scan from Louisville. Waiting....waiting....

bbdub

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
So all you October peeps (I’m guessing you are all 15PM and mostly Natty TI) that flipped to delivery tomorrow, what’s the latest October date? And for late October-November peeps, are you seeing any delivery updates?
I ordered a 15PM TI Natural and have been Oct 4-9 since ordering. No movement. Great to see the 9-16 people getting an earlier delivery so not sure why mine has not moved up. Hopefully soon!

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Interesting I got a 3:31 timestamp... so I don't know if it goes to LAX or ONT... It goes to Sylmar Distribution Center so I've gotten them from both places over the years.
I have a 3:31 timestamp as well (I'm in LA). What flight are we likely on?

ScoutTactics8

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2021
Nice! Got the departed SDF scan! At 3:57pm eastern.
UPS2984 to BFI(Boeing Field) Seattle area folks, this could be your flight. And there's another out of SDF later tonight, so don't worry! 👍

Reactions: rjjacobson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.