Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Updates still delayed, but sheā€™s not far now. My husband was kidding earlier about having to go into work tomorrow. He was wrong for that. He thinks he has jokes, but his Apple Watch may suddenly and mysteriously be unavailable for purchase. ā€œI donā€˜t know what happened.ā€ šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

IMG_2794.jpeg

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
For those of you that are having their 15 Pro delivered tomorrowā€¦.how much does the UPS tracking say that it weighs?

I ordered through Verizon and the weight listed on the tracking info is only 1lb. I could have sworn that phones with the packaging weighed more than just one pound.

Reactions: trost

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

trost

Cancelled
Oct 30, 2017
For those of you that are having their 15 Pro delivered tomorrowā€¦.how much does the UPS tracking say that it weighs?

I ordered through Verizon and the weight listed on the tracking info is only 1lb. I could have sworn that phones with the packaging weighed more than just one pound.
iPhone 15 Pro says .4kgs and my other regular iPhone 15 says 1lb

Same difference I think itā€™s just bc the regular iPhones were here already so they were weighed in lbs vs the metric from china

Reactions: sawah and Wolfs

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I am going to pray that you donā€™t see the dreaded you canā€™t use this backup message. But if you do, itā€™s not the end of the world.
Hereā€™s what I would suggest-
First check out tonight when your last backup is done. Is it tonight? If so AND the phone comes with 17.01, then you wonā€™t have any problems.
The real only problem that could mess up the build of the new phone is if your old phone is newer than the new one in its IOS version.
The year that Apple did this to us, I just stopped and got the backup to be the same version. Then everything will work fine.

Last year I think was the first year that during the Quick Setup process if your phone was not on a compatible version to restore from the backup the phone actually offered to update itself first and then restart the Quick Setup process so that it could restore from the Backup in iCloud.

Worst case follow these instructions for situation 3 here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203434

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I have a feeling this should be OK, because Apple always drops a bug fix release right around go-live. I think where you can get (and I have gotten) into trouble is if you install a fresh 17.1 beta (if that existed yet) on your old phone, and the new one hadnā€™t been enrolled into the beta, a beta installed, etc.
Normally thatā€™s correct. But one year Apple made it really hard. Instead of having the update available for you to download, they had already installed it on the phone. So everyone was coming to the new phone with a iOS version that was out of sink with the new iPhone. It took some effort to get it back in sync. As I mentioned in my post earlier it took me about two hours.

Reactions: Wolfs

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Last year I think was the first year that during the Quick Setup process if your phone was not on a compatible version to restore from the backup the phone actually offered to update itself first and then restart the Quick Setup process so that it could restore from the Backup in iCloud.

Worst case follow these instructions for situation 3 here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203434
True! Itā€™s part of the iOS 16 update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.