Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Wow how’d you manage this? I tried everything I could yesterday and the best I got was “we are opening a case with the shipper for this hold, it can delay the delivery by 24-72 hours”
they opened a case for it. Took hours to where I finally got a notification after about four or five hours to pick it up at UPS. It still did show in the app but I went to the local customer center yesterday after I finished my work and they printed it up and it showed me that they were going to be holding it for pick up

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
want to switch? mine's 4:15-8:15 PM haha :p
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 10.51.33 AM.jpeg

...For my USB-C to 3.5mm adapter 😉

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
they opened a case for it. Took hours to where I finally got a notification after about four or five hours to pick it up at UPS. It still did show in the app but I went to the local customer center yesterday after I finished my work and they printed it up and it showed me that they were going to be holding it for pick up
Wow, annoying. Glad mine was relatively straightforward. I think it's because I tried it early in the day? I expect earlier is better with these requests because they get bogged down and just probably start denying them at some point.

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Wow good to know they were fast on the cases. I didn’t take a gamble cause I didn’t trust UPS or be fast in processing cases.

Good thing to know for next year if Apple restricts packages again. If I don’t do in store pickup, I’ll do a hold at CC with a case opened by Apple.

Thanks for the update!

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Yes, I initiated a chat with Apple yesterday early afternoon via text and explained that I needed to arrange to have my phone available at the UPS CC center for pickup, and I provided them the address of my preferred center. They processed the request and warned it could take 48 hours to process. I got an email shortly after informing me of my request and one a couple of hours later saying it was completed. Nothing changed in my tracking until they released the full tracking notes last night. I was worried this morning because it was still showing delivery with no exception listed, but at 8:18 it updated as being held at UPS for pickup. Hope that helps!
Yes, I see you did the same thing that I did and I’ll be going in about an hour or to pick my two phones up
and I have the same way too. I didn’t get the emails right away and I woke up this morning showing that it was may help for pick up in my local town and the Apple rep who set this up. I didn’t even have to give her the address of my local customer center.

Reactions: Brad7

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Okay so the state of things for my order right now is deeply confusing. I have an in-store pickup order for the Pro Max for 1:30-1:45p today which still isn't ready for pickup. Meanwhile Apple Support is now saying that when I go to pick up, they might not be able to attach the T-Mobile trade deal like they told me they would. So I tried to place another order, but the order I placed last week for the iPhone 15 Pro with the T-Mobile trade offer was in the way. I cancelled that order, but it took an hour before I was able to place another order. By that point, the store I got the first 15 Pro Max from was sold out, and I had to place the order at another store. But that other store said pickup tomorrow. Right after I got my order through, they changed to pickup today, so if I were to place a new order or something they would let me pick it up today. I called Apple to ask if I could change the pickup time and they said it wasn't possible. What should I do? Do I go into the store today and try to negotiate the trade deal? Or do I cancel my order and wait until tomorrow when the order will be ready at the other store?
Be patient and wait until tomorrow so there aren't any headaches.

Reactions: Wolfs and CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.