Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Well my experiment using iCloud backup for iPhone is failure my 200mps down and 10 mph up is too damn slow. So I can either do restore/backup or choose the backup from MacBook option in Quickstart I guess. It was gonna take over 8 hours not acceptable given my new phone should be here. I forced a backup of aw Ultra and am next backing up one more time to the computer
Welcome to @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ world
My status changed to Out for Delivery. I just looked on the map and he is within striking distance of my office.
I, too, have Follow My Delivery. The truck is in the next neighborhood over!

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Its dead slow :( I failed
I did a backup with iPad Pro over 10Gbps for iPadOS 17, and the speed came in bursts but it did exceed 100MB/s which is a lot more than the 40MB/s limit for USB 2. I do believe that the backup process is CPU-limited, and there may be some compression or decompression going on behind the scenes.

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
This natural looks amazing with every single case! :) Sort of a greige...perfect neutral.

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4083.jpg
    IMG_4083.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4088.jpg
    IMG_4088.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 53

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
Heads up, using the expensive Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable made no difference in restoring backup from the Mac directly. Still very slow and I am now late since I thought it would have finished an hour ago lol (iPhone 15 Pro Max)
I too just learned this... thought it was going to fly by.

Reactions: Wolfs and SpecB

red41

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
My delivery time keeps slipping, it went from 11am - 2pm to "before 7pm" and now it says 3:45 - 7:45pm. Knowing my luck with deliveries it will slip into tomorrow by this afternoon.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Seriously people can we stop posting pictures of our home locations! No offense but this is the Internet.
I mean I posted something that shows an Apple store close to me, and said the city I live in but nothing about my address, name, whatevs so I figure I'm good. I don't know how much more detailed others have gotten though

What's the general consensus on transferring everything to the new iPhone 15 Pro Max? From an encrypted backup or iCloud, or both?
- I set my iPhone as new. Freshly factory-installed iOS.
- Then I wait 20-30 minutes for the indexing to be completed
- Then I apply the software update
- Then I turn on iCloud

iCloud data takes 2 weeks for my iPhone to finish the indexing and syncing under connected Wifi. So results vary on how much you load you have in your iCloud.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
- I set my iPhone as new. Freshly factory-installed iOS.
- Then I wait 20-30 minutes for the indexing to be completed
- Then I apply the software update
- Then I turn on iCloud

iCloud data takes 2 weeks for me to finish the indexing and syncing under Wifi. So results vary on how much you load you have in your iCloud.
Does this method transfer the settings from your old phone? I’ve got things set just like I want them, and I’d hate to go through and reset all my preferences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.