Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
Yeah, I always do a restore from iCloud backup, I didnā€™t know if setting up as new, as she does, then downloads from iCloud, misses the part about moving over settings. I think Iā€™m getting muddle headed.
Does restoring from an iCloud backup also restore health data? I thought that was only restored if restoring from a local encrypted backup.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
So I read the note on the front page about making sure to update the phone to 17.0.2 before doing a phone to phone transfer. Is it still prompting to do the software update like it did last year during the initial phone to phone Quick Transfer process? If so then it shouldn't be an issue and it should work fine, correct?

The article on the front page almost makes it sound like that process doesn't even work and you phone may hang no matter what you do unless you set up as new then update and then wipe the phone and then do quick transfer again.

For those who set up already and did Quick Transfer does it transfer your current eSIM over during the process or do you get provisioned a brand new eSIM?

Oooooh, so excited I'm out for delivery now. :)

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
So I read the note on the front page about making sure to update the phone to 17.0.2 before doing a phone to phone transfer. Is it still prompting to do the software update like it did last year during the initial phone to phone Quick Transfer process? If so then it shouldn't be an issue and it should work fine, correct?

The article on the front page almost makes it sound like that process doesn't even work and you phone may hang no matter what you do unless you set up as new then update and then wipe the phone and then do quick transfer again.

For those who set up already and did Quick Transfer does it transfer your current eSIM over during the process or do you get provisioned a brand new eSIM?

Oooooh, so excited I'm out for delivery now. :)
That worked for me. Still doing phone to phone transfer at this point though.... a lot of data to move over.

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7
@lazyrighteye YAY! It looks so pretty. Almost over a month ago, I asked you if you were upgrading and you told me No.. It's up in the air. I'm so glad to see that you upgraded. 2024 is going to be an excellent year for us. Big things are coming our way. Good luck on the job search!!! Take good care of the iPhone.

As always, thank you for all your love and support.

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
IMG_4625.jpeg
Just got my phone! Super excited!

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Kinda wish I was at the Apple Store this morning: I love the excitement. All those people standing in line, pretending not to be excited, but theyā€™re busting inside like a little kid, seeing me and thinking, ā€œwhy does that dude have this big, silly grin plastered on his face?ā€

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I have discoloration on my blue one around the buttons. Iā€™m not sure how to feel about it given this is a $1200 device. No way Apple didnā€™t know about this prior to launch.
You need to change your brand of ā€œlotionā€?

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfs

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Pick-up window is 2:15ā€¦Iā€™ve now got a client meeting at that time. Can I come slightly earlier?

I think it just depends on the store but may be worth a shot. Someone in this thread said they were able to get theirs 20 minutes earlier. Another person in the thread said they saw people get turned away but they showed up a couple hours early.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
I think it just depends on the store but may be worth a shot. Someone in this thread said they were able to get theirs 20 minutes earlier. Another person in the thread said they saw people get turned away but they showed up a couple hours early.
Great, thank you both!

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Our store lets you but they keep the line sorted by pickup times. So if earlier people come right on time or late, and you make it to the front, you'll make it, but you could also get shuffled back if people with earlier slots show up

Reactions: Brad7

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Heads up, using the expensive Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable made no difference in restoring backup from the Mac directly. Still very slow and I am now late since I thought it would have finished an hour ago lol (iPhone 15 Pro Max)

I too just learned this... thought it was going to fly by.

Do we anticipate next year a thunderbolt cable between iphone 15 and iPhone 16 would still be just as slow or faster?

IMG_0100.jpeg

Maybe Iā€™ll start S2 of Foundation or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.