Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lfshammu

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Wrote a quick script to fetch the UPS truck location every 15 seconds since the map updates so slow.

A little obsessive? yeah maybe lol

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 12.28.31 PM.png

goofy810

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Agree... that has been a sticking point for me, since I have so many 38/41 mm bands.
i made the jump this summer because I wanted to use it for scuba diving and it sucked getting new bands but the size isnt as big of a deal as i thought it would be.

Reactions: alia

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
i made the jump this summer because I wanted to use it for scuba diving and it sucked getting new bands but the size isnt as big of a deal as i thought it would be.
I have some older bands that you can't even get anymore like the original blush leather modern buckle. I'd like to still be able to use them at some point, even if they wouldn't be a daily wear with the ultra.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
My watch and my phone are both out for delivery. With separate delivery times, so may be on different trucks.

Best Buy says that there were problems with my Air Pods order and it's not quite ready for me yet. The order shows ready for pick up. I'm not in a hurry for that one anyway.

I better get the dog walked just in case UPS comes early. Although that's never happened ever.

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
Was able to get off of work early. So far nothing from UPS. No live map in Houston on my end unfortunately. Although I'm north of Houston if that makes any difference.

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I saw a TikTok where a guy stood in a loooooooong line at the NY SOHO store and got one but I've been keeping an eye on Denver stock this morning and as of right now there are no Pro Max 256GB in any color available today. Either they sold out quickly or just don't have any. Maybe more might roll in by the end of the day but right now.... zip.
Almost every configuration is available for pickup here on Saturday. I wonder if they're just trying to keep the mob to a reasonable level.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
What happened with your trade in? Now go enjoy your camping trip. I’m going up to Keystone tomorrow. Hopefully the aspen are finally changing.
Oh, nice! I don’t know that I realized you were in Colorado as well.

The in-store pick up was a breeze. I walked out with both devices. I have 14 days to return the trade-in iPhone 14 pro. Which, when I think about it, I’m paying for both damn devices! why wouldn’t I be able to walk out with both of them? 😂🤪

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
For those who were part of our discussion yesterday, about version numbers of iOS and back ups, I set up the phone and it asked to do the update, and after that it installed the backup. Zero problems at all. It is now on the final version of 17.02

Does it prompt the update on it's own? Or do we have to do something before we restore from backup?

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
For those who were part of our discussion yesterday, about version numbers of iOS and back ups, I set up the phone and it asked to do the update, and after that it installed the backup. Zero problems at all. It is now on the final version of 17.02

Good to know. Did you restore from iCloud or do a Device to Device transfer?

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I ain’t reading through all of this, can someone summarize this thread in a paragraph for me? Thank you kindly
Summary:
- People thought they were cool if they had a single digit order confirmation email time such as :02?
- People thought they were cool if they were in “Wave 1” of phones moving from China to the USA, even though there were plenty of 15Pros already in the USA?
- People thought they were cool when their phone stopped off briefly in KY?
- People thought they were cool when their phone left KY?
- People thought they were cool when their phone landed in their home state?
- People thought they were cool when their phone was out for delivery?
- People thought they were cool when their phone was delivered?
- The really cool people received their new phone on Thursday. But we’re not sure there are any of these cool people around?

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Interesting. Maybe those haven’t been entered into their system yet? If your local, might be worth checking back this afternoon.
I saw a TikTok where a guy stood in a loooooooong line at the NY SOHO store and got one but I've been keeping an eye on Denver stock this morning and as of right now there are no Pro Max 256GB in any color available today. Either they sold out quickly or just don't have any. Maybe more might roll in by the end of the day but right now.... zip.

View attachment 2275925

Interesting. Maybe those haven’t been entered into their system yet? If your local, might be worth checking back this afternoon.

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.