Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Remember as you're watching the UPS trucks on the map that UPS trucks almost never take left-hand turns. By favoring right-hand turns at all times – unless a left is unavoidable – the carrier saves millions of gallons of fuel each year, and avoids emissions equivalent to over 20,000 passenger cars. Helps understand things a bit more.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Hi - I am so looking at this case - a lot. One of the well written reviews I saw said that the case peeked up over the edge over so slightly that made swiping difficult - would you be so kind as to add your perspective on that when you put it on your glorious new phone?
Now that my phone has arrived and I put it in the case, here's what I think so far. As has always been the case with Nomad, this case has a degree of ruggedness to it that will certainly provide more drop protection than my beloved Apple leather cases that rode off into the sunset this year. Although it is more rugged than the Apple leather case (ruggedness usually means additional thickness), the amount of heft that it adds to the phone is extremely negligible, if even noticeable. This is my first time using the Pro Max, which I was hesitant to opt for previously due to its size, so you can imagine my apprehension with putting a bulky case on it. With this case, it's a non-issue.

I am not having any difficulty at all swiping from the sides of the screen; in fact, I am pleasantly surprised by the low profile of the lip that surrounds the front of the screen. You can tell that a lot of thought went into this case's design, as it checks all the boxes. The buttons are made of anodized aluminum and are super clicky and the case itself feels really good in hand (cue "that's what she said" jokes). Truthfully, it's everything I've been looking for in a case.

I didn't opt for the more expensive Horween leather variant ($70), choosing the regular leather ($50) instead. By the way, it actually smells like a quality leather product! I didn't really see the need to spend an additional $20 on something that I wouldn't notice in daily use. Below are a couple of pics I snapped of the phone in the case (natural titanium with Nomad's Whiskey colorway make a sexy, elegant combination), as well as a closeup of the lip around the screen.

In conclusion, I really like this case. If you're considering it, buy with confidence. You'll be in for a treat.
image_67192321.JPG
image_67194369.JPG

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I got the phone and currently doing the software update. It looked like the carrier transfer between phones worked but I will confirm that after everything gets updated. It does feel lighter than the other phones. So far I'm happy with this purchase. Looking forward to trying out dynamic island, even though I worry the honeymoon period may be short.
Anyone remember how light the iPhone 5 was after the iPhone 4S?

Reactions: takasugi and Wolfs

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Does it prompt the update on its own? Or do we have to do something before we restore from backup?
Yes. There was an article on the landing page about the steps and how to recover if you accidentally skip the update and get stuck.
I just ordered my 15 pro in natural titanium and the ship date given is 10/23-10/30. Hope it gets moved up.

Anyone have that ship date?

Thanks

If you have an Apple Store nearby you may be able to get one sooner.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Remember as you're watching the UPS trucks on the map that UPS trucks almost never take left-hand turns. By favoring right-hand turns at all times – unless a left is unavoidable – the carrier saves millions of gallons of fuel each year, and avoids emissions equivalent to over 20,000 passenger cars. Helps understand things a bit more.
Interesting! I was just read that is because of the traffic and well I'm in a development and there isn't any traffic so maybe they'll still get it to me quickly instead of being meanies

Reactions: Wolfs

carbphrek

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Tampa Bay
Gaaaaahhh! Pick up got crazy. showed up at 10:50 for 10:45-11:00 am window. apple employee checked my QR code and pointed me to the left long ass line along the wall. Next thing I know an Apple employee calls out the old guy in front of me and tells him to get out of line and go to the end of the no reservation line that is 3x as long as the reservation. Old guy says NO! I stay here! Apple guy calls security and asks the guy to move out of line. Guy says NO! I wait here, an employee told me to move. (Which is not true, he jumped into the line I was walking in . I know he’ll get turned away at the front) Apple guy looks at him and said again Move here pointing to the long line, guy turns away and boom security is marching him out of the mall. The employee let everyone in a 20 foot radius know if you line jump it will not work and you will be taken care of by security. Interesting tidbit they pulled his wife out of line too, the non reservation line. 😆

i finally got into the store at 11:22 and handed off to get my phone and case, took another 20 mins to finalize trade in. Other than the old guy causing a fuss, it was fun chatting with folks in line.

oh forgot about the phone white pm with the OtterBox Figura case. The white makes the colors pop.

Attachments

• 9A94DFBE-6E2C-48D9-84F5-97E49682E77B.jpeg
    9A94DFBE-6E2C-48D9-84F5-97E49682E77B.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

darrenf1

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
South Jersey
Called my UPS driver and he was a mile away but still 3 hours from stopping at my house. He said he'd be at his current stop for almost 10 minutes so head over. Did that and picked up my phone and watch and my wife's phone. New phone needed a software update so did that and it is now doing phone to phone transfer. Estimated time is just over an hour remaining.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Called my UPS driver and he was a mile away but still 3 hours from stopping at my house. He said he'd be at his current stop for almost 10 minutes so head over. Did that and picked up my phone and watch and my wife's phone. New phone needed a software update so did that and it is now doing phone to phone transfer. Estimated time is just over an hour remaining.

living the dream.

• Haha
Reactions: darrenf1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.